Confirmed with Link: Habs sign LD Ben Chiarot (3.5M AAV, 3 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
This is disgusting. How anyone could say this is a good signing shows how rarely you watched him play. This a bottom pairing defenseman at best. We already have so many of those in this team. Why pay 3.5 million dollars on this f***ing crap?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don’t really like the AAV on this for a bottom pairing guy.

Jordie Benn look him up(his stats .playing time..rank on the Dallas Stars d chart).. in Dallas before we got him....

THEN

Look at Jordie Benn when he left Montreal...was he the same player as he was in Dallas?

I would imagine Ben CHIAROT , will be the same...you likely haven't seen the best of him yet.

Reactions: ginomini

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Awful. Just give Benn 2 years at this money if Chiarot was the target. Worse than Mete or Kulak and maybe marginally better than Reilly. All the savings from the Shaw trade flushed down the drain.

5d679mq.png

That's not bad. This is bad:

Chiarot - Alzner.png

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
In what world do you pay a 5th or 6th dman 3.5 million! This is ridiculous. Typical Bergervin. Having no back up plans when prime targets fall through and then need ing to overpay our out od depaetaoin because there is nothing left.

You are right but in the end he still needed to do something, even if it means overpaying. What are you going to do, play Alzner? Reilly?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is disgusting. How anyone could say this is a good signing shows how rarely you watched him play. This a bottom pairing defenseman at best. We already have so many of those in this team. Why pay 3.5 million dollars on this ****ing crap?
3.5 millions is nothing in a 85 million cap league. It's similar to the deal Benn signed at 76.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
I would have rathered Leskinen on the team. Just based on contract and what he showed at rookie camp.

He should’ve tacked on 3.5 million to Aho’s 8.4 if this is what he was going to use it on.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Seems a bit steep but I guess MB is banking on him being a #4D, ideally next to Petry...

I'm not convinced, he seems like a decent player but he doesn't exactly change the dynamic in their Top 6D. He just makes it slightly better.

Habs have the draft capital as well as the prospects and/or proven young players to acquire a LHD to play next to Weber...

He's got to find a way to make it happen if he wants his team to take the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad