Confirmed with Link: Habs sign LD Ben Chiarot (3.5M AAV, 3 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Awful. Just give Benn 2 years at this money if Chiarot was the target. Worse than Mete or Kulak and maybe marginally better than Reilly. All the savings from the Shaw trade flushed down the drain.

5d679mq.png

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I’m happy with this. I was one of the few who suggested signing Chiarot back before free agency began so I’m happy it materialized. He’s a solid LHD and while the move may not look stellar on paper, he’ll be a good addition

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I wanted Chiarot, so I'm fine with it. I think the term and $$$ is reasonable enough.

Still need someone to play with Weber.

Agreed with others, I think Leddy should be the target.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Has the requisite size all National Hockey League teams need along the blueline, and he displays the ability to use it as well. Was a good point producer in the junior ranks. Still a little raw in the defensive zone, he needs to tighten up and limit his mistakes with the puck in order to maximize his big-league potential as a defensive type.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A defensive defenseman who needs to tighten up his defensive work and limit his mistakes.

From The Sports Forecaster prior to last season.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It has to be countered with another move.....probably means Mete is gone in a package for Weber’s partner.

Hopefully Leddy or Brodie

How about we let our 21 year old top pair LD actually get better instead of trading him for Leddy who's getting worse by the game? Brodie is a RD, he sucks at LD, it's been done over and over in Calgary and it has never worked.

Mete is going to be better than both those players in the next five years.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This is quite fine. Joke's on Bergevin tho LMAO he's getting omega PWNT by Waddel not matching the offer sheet yet.

GOTTEM!
He's not getting anything done to him by Waddell. He's allowed to go over the cap during the summer, so he could sign someone else now and see what the Canes do later on. If they were to not match, then get rid of someone else. No problem for Bergy.

Reactions: Drezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad