Confirmed with Link: Habs sign C Manny Malholtra (1 year, 850K)

Analyzer*

I asked my buddy how Malhotra was. He said he was good, but lost steam at the end of the season, but that's expected since he didn't have a real camp, or anything.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How could 'they' not know him? They were experts on Parenteau, Franson, Weise, Weaver, Murray..and every other Hab that's ever been picked up by the Habs through trade or signing, why would it be any different with Malhotra?

Why did you say "they were experts". Nobody around here knew Weise and Weaver. And when there were talks about Franson, most of us around here were using Leafs' posters view on him to make up our minds cause we had no idea.

Don't expect people to know every third/fourth liners and every 6th/7th Ds in the NHL.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I find it funny how the "hockey experts/opinionists" are criticizing the habs for losing the leadership of gorges and gionta, but there is no peep for the leadership they attained with the addition of malholtra.

He's been a leader everywhere he has been, maybe outside of NYR only because he was a teenager over there.

I think that the media sometimes try to kindle some type of controversy to create interest, and a lot of the remarks were made during the free agent Frenzy, which was full bore this year on Day1.

Just a guess, because they don't know him?

Who Malhotra? If they don't know him they would be hard pressed to know half the players in the league, IMO.

How could 'they' not know him? They were experts on Parenteau, Franson, Weise, Weaver, Murray..and every other Hab that's ever been picked up by the Habs through trade or signing, why would it be any different with Malhotra?

It's not like anyone of those players are unknown prospects, even Franson was a surprise gift to Toronto from Nashville, all are veteran players, Weise for us west coasters was well known also playing in Vancouver. They should be known to any so-called experts or fans that watch lots of hockey, IMO.:nod:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad