Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Alexandre Alain to a 3 year entry level contract (2 way)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Whatever it takes.

I think you and I both know what it takes. But, we'll be happy for this one and hopefully, more.

Do we have any scouting reports? What's his upside? How's his skating, hockey IQ?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think you and I both know what it takes. But, we'll be happy for this one and hopefully, more.

Do we have any scouting reports? What's his upside? How's his skating, hockey IQ?

I followed him during the Q playoffs and I have to admit I do like this signing. I wasn't necessarily focusing on him, but he did stand out enough for me to take notice. I think Laval fans will like him as well next year. He was playing wing in those games fwiw.

Very good skater and smart player, though I wouldn't call him a defensive wizard. He won't put you in trouble and he makes good decisions with the puck. He's a smart person off the ice as well, takes his studies very seriously.

Not sure about his upside. I think he has a higher upside than Verbeek, but I'm not sure there's the upside other overagers like Bajkov (especially), Luchuk or Bouret have.

He has good scoring instincts though and he's a hard worker. I like his wrist shot.

All in all, he was worth signing, but I had hoped we could get him and Bajkov. Maybe we could add Mascherin from Florida, it would give Laval some good young players to follow next year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh, and as far as character (real character and resilience, the type you build through life experiences and not just being a spoiled rich kid with your dads famous last name), he had a tumor removed from his spinal cord at 15.

Not an easy thing to go through at any age, much less at 15. That he made the Q and continued to excel at school is "tout à son honneur" as we say in french.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I followed him during the Q playoffs and I have to admit I do like this signing. I wasn't necessarily focusing on him, but he did stand out enough for me to take notice. I think Laval fans will like him as well next year. He was playing wing in those games fwiw.

The Q website has him listed as a RW?

The Canadiens announced on Tuesday that they've agreed to terms with free-agent center Alexandre Alain on a three-year entry-level contract (2018-19 to 2020-21).

Habs wasted no time Drouinizing the announcement.

He plays on the wing? He's referred to as a winger on his league's website? The Habs sign him? He's a center. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, I don't see him as a center if he ever makes the bigs, but who knows with this management.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1- I have zero problem with the signing, we never know how a player that age will turn out and he deserve a shot.

2- I hope this is more of a hockey move than a PR move (cause it sounds that way....especially after the signing of Barre-Boulet)

3- Can't wait for RDS and 91.9fm clowns to do backflips to give him a preferential treatment.

4- This is still not a move for next year. Only move that will help the team next year matters to me at this point. It's another PR positive move (like firing Lefebvre) that doesn't change anything short-term.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I know this is a meme right now but there're indeed people really pissed when they lose and people that don't care... I mean this is quite obvious, I have no idea why this Bergevin's comment made so much noise...

There's also players like Crosby or Malkin who prefer to win than lose.

Being pissed when losing is overrated. I've met my fair share or losers who were always pissed after a loss. And believe me they lost a lot.

Winner don't lose their temper when things are not working. They keep their calm because they are confident they'll win anyway. From my own experience people who hate to lose do because they are actually losing instead of winning.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
1- I have zero problem with the signing, we never know how a player that age will turn out and he deserve a shot.

2- I hope this is more of a hockey move than a PR move (cause it sounds that way....especially after the signing of Barre-Boulet)

3- Can't wait for RDS and 91.9fm clowns to do backflips to give him a preferential treatment.

4- This is still not a move for next year. Only move that will help the team next year matters to me at this point. It's another PR positive move (like firing Lefebvre) that doesn't change anything short-term.

Habs have been rumoured to be interested for at least a month and he was at last year camp.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Habs wasted no time Drouinizing the announcement.

He plays on the wing? He's referred to as a winger on his league's website? The Habs sign him? He's a center. :sarcasm:
Yeah he seems to be taking face-offs - and has a good % but who knows, other sites have him strictly as a C

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad