Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm in the middle of a move, and called Bell because my current Cable provider isn't available where I'm moving. Couldn't understand half of what the guy was saying, guy didn't even know what Center ice was, didn't bother asking about the $60 french package. I felt like I was dealing with a call center in India.

On with loyalty now...she wants to send me back to someone else. I'm asking her to hold on the line. No solution yet.

They offered me a $75 adjustment and they extended my $10 a month credit for 10 months and I signed up for Centre Ice.

Fair enough. Bear in mind I've been with them for over 10 years.

Last edited:

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
I live in Calgary

I have Shaw

RDS has never been blacked out for me before, but it is now

Anyone know that if I pay for Centre Ice if I will for sure get all Habs games?

Max et Guillaume

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
I live in Van and looked into it tonight... Rds is now useless, but I believe a mix of SN360 and SN East will cover 90% of the games. With TELUS, getting SNE is an extra $2 per month, no need for Centre Ice. We also seem to get TVAS HD, I was shocked...

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I live in Van and looked into it tonight... Rds is now useless, but I believe a mix of SN360 and SN East will cover 90% of the games. With TELUS, getting SNE is an extra $2 per month, no need for Centre Ice. We also seem to get TVAS HD, I was shocked...

What makes you think SNE is going to have any Habs games available to you in Vancouver?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

SNE will be blacked out when the Habs play.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm in the middle of a move, and called Bell because my current Cable provider isn't available where I'm moving. Couldn't understand half of what the guy was saying, guy didn't even know what Center ice was, didn't bother asking about the $60 french package. I felt like I was dealing with a call center in India.

It happened to me when I moved. But with me it was for the internet. The whole dealing with these people was a complete nigthmare. I switched to Videotron that very moment and never had a problem since.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

You were. Bell likes to defer to India for cheaper labor. Just call back and go through tech support to get English. Alternatively, just go through the French options and they'll transfer you to someone in English.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
There's a free trial of Centre Ice on right now and the Habs game is blacked out on that. I have RDS and the Habs game is blacked out on that as well... so I literally have no idea how I am supposed to watch half of the Habs games this season

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
There's a free trial of Centre Ice on right now and the Habs game is blacked out on that. I have RDS and the Habs game is blacked out on that as well... so I literally have no idea how I am supposed to watch half of the Habs games this season

Free trial of centre ice doesn't start until the 8th. Best bet may be to haggle with your provider for a discounted Centre ice package like I did.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
Free trial of centre ice doesn't start until the 8th. Best bet may be to haggle with your provider for a discounted Centre ice package like I did.

Well I don't know if it depends on the cable provider, but my free trial is on now, because I can see the ****ing **** Leafs game

So as of right now I have RDS and the game is blacked out, I have Centre Ice and the game is blacked out, so how in the **** do I watch Habs hockey

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Well I don't know if it depends on the cable provider, but my free trial is on now, because I can see the ****ing **** Leafs game

So as of right now I have RDS and the game is blacked out, I have Centre Ice and the game is blacked out, so how in the **** do I watch Habs hockey

That is bizarre because with Bell CI showed the RDS feed. I wonder if because RDS is Bell media. My guess is that once the season starts, you'll get the Rogers feed or the other team's feed.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011

Strange man.wonder why my rds wasnt blacked out? Im still skeptical about it tho.

Apr 28, 2010

SNE will be blacked out too. :(

I don't get it though. Why do we have it here if it's blacked out all the time?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
rds was blacked out on the shaw sattelite.. my friends have the bell sattelite and it was on.. I called for center icr but the guy told me even on center ice the habs game would be blacked out... regular cable had the game on rds without the blqckout.. im so confused.. pissed off at the moment. im a die hard fan that never miss more then 5 games per year.. how the heck will I watch my habs.. I cant afford to switch froms shaw to bell.. no way im going back to cable since its ****** and expensive here in northern ontario.. we dont get rogers so I cant buy the 60$ package.. so pissed off :rant:

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
Besides todays Game Even Canadien's Express is blacked out on RDS - here in B.C. What gives - but you can watch the Panel discuss the game on l'antichambre :shakehead

Habmaster

Jul 25, 2004
Victoria BC
hey there - sorry to belabor the issue, but I have paid for RDS for years - i turned on the game this evening and saw the blackout screen - I'm in Victoria - was this just for this preseason game, or is this what I can expect to see for all RDS carried games? My provider is Shaw Cable - puke.

thanks in advance.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
hey there - sorry to belabor the issue, but I have paid for RDS for years - i turned on the game this evening and saw the blackout screen - I'm in Victoria - was this just for this preseason game, or is this what I can expect to see for all RDS carried games? My provider is Shaw Cable - puke.

thanks in advance.

RDS no longer broadcasts nationally. All RDS games will be blacked out if you are outside of the Montreal viewing region.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad