Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-a...or-regional-broadcasts-beginning-this-season/

All 82 games available in English.

http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/09/02/sportsnet-habs-regional-games/

Regional games are only available in the Canadiens’ region which includes all of Quebec and Atlantic Canada, and Ontario east of Belleville and Pembroke (it’s the same region as that is covered by Sportsnet East).

This means that the Canadiens’ 82-game season breaks down as follows:
  • 39 regional games on Sportsnet East
  • 3 regional games on City Montreal
  • 10 national games (mainly Wednesdays) on Sportsnet East/Ontario/West/Pacific
  • 8 national games (first four Saturdays, most Sundays) on City
  • 4 national games on Sportsnet 360 (all Thursdays)
  • 1 national game on Sportsnet One (Monday Oct. 27)
  • 17 national games on Hockey Night in Canada, channels TBA

Last edited by a moderator:

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Sweet deal for us on the East coast...er..i think anyway?
Wish this was all simplified for all to see and understand clearly. Honestly all 82 games to be broadcasted over 9 differet channels? Im in the East and still dont understand if i need all 9 of those channels to see every game.

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
Wish this was all simplified for all to see and understand clearly. Honestly all 82 games to be broadcasted over 9 differet channels? Im in the East and still dont understand if i need all 9 of those channels to see every game.

Click on the link in the first post in this thread. Every game is listed and what channel is televising

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Click on the link in the first post in this thread. Every game is listed and what channel is televising

i know that but a regional broadcast on a channel like City-mtl for instance, how am i supposed to watch that? Im trying to figure out if i need RDS anymore. I dont want to miss a single whistle.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That means I only have to watch three games in french this year? Schwing! *I'll probably actually stream those 3 games in English*

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you can get NHL on Sportsnet and Sportsnet East, it seems like you'll get 79 of 82 games. You'd have to stream the other 3 games online, or have RDS for those three games.

I'm personally cancelling my french package (it's a rip off from Bell in Ontario... $15 a month for the french package, no solo channels) - I'll stream 3 games, and watch the other 79 in English.

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
Great more options on hockey streams :)

Exactly. Whether you choose NHLCI. OR HS. OR GCL. OR some other source you will have More Choice.. The opportunity to watch in English which may or may not be more comfortable for you. For those of us living outside the Habs region this is the best possible outcome under the new deal.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Wait, can people in Montreal get to watch the games in English as well? This regional crap always confuses me.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I have to say that for such a large deal between 2 massive corporations, I'm not sure who fell asleep at the switch here.

The head of Rogers was clear when he said there would be NO black outs in this new deal and all the game would be available accross all Rogers channels accross the entire country.

Now we're hearing the NHL is still blacking out out of region games and Habs fans outside of their viewing region won't have access to all their games.

Add to that the fact that natioanl games are on several different channels accross the board and the confusion as to when and where you can watch games adds to viewer anxiety in stead of alleviating it.

For as good of a deal as this was supposed to be, I feel as an out of regioner, I'm getting hosed. I used to buy the french package with RDS and know I would get all th Hab games. Now, I have no idea what to do!

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
i know that but a regional broadcast on a channel like City-mtl for instance, how am i supposed to watch that? Im trying to figure out if i need RDS anymore. I dont want to miss a single whistle.

I live in Toronto. I get CITY MTL on my basic package. Now in Toronto the Habs regional game will be blacked out. But if I can get CITY MTL you should be able to also. And you won't be blacked out. FYI. I am on BELL EXPRESSVU.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Let me tell you this, if we get the Sens regional team to broadcast the Habs now that the Sens are on TSN, I might die. Potvin and the other dude are unlistenable.

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
Wait, can people in Montreal get to watch the games in English as well? This regional crap always confuses me.

I just did a google map search. And good news.... Montreal is indeed in the Habs Regional TV market. You'll get all 82 games en Anglais et en Francais

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
Let me tell you this, if we get the Sens regional team to broadcast the Habs now that the Sens are on TSN, I might die. Potvin and the other dude are unlistenable.

You have a point. That crew is actually worse than Bob Cole and Cassie Confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: