Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
hey there - sorry to belabor the issue, but I have paid for RDS for years - i turned on the game this evening and saw the blackout screen - I'm in Victoria - was this just for this preseason game, or is this what I can expect to see for all RDS carried games? My provider is Shaw Cable - puke.

thanks in advance.
X2 - Time to Cancel RDS - We still have HNIC - Hopefully they'll show a few HABS Games :)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It was on regular rds not center ice.im thinkin maybe because eastlink is eastern Canadian based they wont black out games even tho im out west

I'm no expert in this category, but it will be interesting to see if delta cable continues to supply games 'out of market.

They are the only provider getting away with this, and it may just be simple oversight on their part.... Who knows.

I mean, they are other eastern based providers out there and they are all following protocol at the moment.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
I'm no expert in this category, but it will be interesting to see if delta cable continues to supply games 'out of market.

They are the only provider getting away with this, and it may just be simple oversight on their part.... Who knows.

I mean, they are other eastern based providers out there and they are all following protocol at the moment.

I agree its most likely an oversight.tonights tor/ott game is blacked out so I d be shocked if the habs game tomorow isnt.

Max et Guillaume

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
SNE will be blacked out too. :(

I don't get it though. Why do we have it here if it's blacked out all the time?

Wait what??? Are we 100% certain on this? Just trying to understand... Why in the world would sportsnet be blacked out if they have national rights?

As a habs fan in BC, reading through the thread, RDS, SNE and CI will be blacked out. What about the 10 games on TVA Sports?

So what are my options here? Stream online in absolute **** quality and watch the 2-3 HNIC we will get?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Wait what??? Are we 100% certain on this? Just trying to understand... Why in the world would sportsnet be blacked out if they have national rights?

As a habs fan in BC, reading through the thread, RDS, SNE and CI will be blacked out. What about the 10 games on TVA Sports?

So what are my options here? Stream online in absolute **** quality and watch the 2-3 HNIC we will get?

SNE will have 42 regional Habs games. This isn't the same as "Sportsnet" (East/West/Pacific/Ontario) games that will be national.

See here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1730091

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Unless you specifically want to watch games in French, TVA/TVA sports is completely useless to you. For every habs game on TVA, there will also be a national habs game available in English.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00