News Article: Habs set to limit Price's starts in 16/17 season

Jul 6, 2016
I dunno what's gonna happen with Condon. can he be sent back to the AHL ?

Price should play 55-60 games. Montoya 20-25 games at the most. Price will never play back to back games, and I think the Habs have plenty of these scheduled next season.

Training camp will dictate what's gonna happen with that third goalie. They won't keep the three of them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I believe Condon would be exposed to waivers if sent to the AHL. I doubt he'd get claimed but you never know.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I believe Condon would be exposed to waivers if sent to the AHL. I doubt he'd get claimed but you never know.

You can't hold on to everyone. The NHL wants everyone to have a chance. I doubt whether Condon would become the #1 goaltender anywhere but he might become a decent backup for some teams.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
They say they want to limit his starts, and that's something I can get behind.. But what happens if the team starts losing a lot and Therrien decides to inevitably over play Price to cover for his difficiencies again?

Then it's the GMs job to realize that the coach cannot win without Price carrying the team, even with the improvements the team has made over the summer. Both MB and MT are both on record saying they are a much better team after the summer additions, so there is no excuse for not being a top team in the east with a healthy Carey Price.

If Therrien can't have this team comfortably in the playoff picture with Price playing 60 games a season, then he has zero business being the coach of this team. MB has to realize this or he will find himself in the hot seat along with Therrien.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
they will be forced to limit his starts when he is injured again,

60 games is very optimistic IMO, i would be shocked if he played 40

They might make the playoffs but there'd be considerable doubt. Limiting Price to 40 starts would be a form of tanking, and there's no assurance they'd be able to draft someone as good as Sergachev in 2017. Besides, they'd have to use a third goaltender as a backup if Price isn't in uniform.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
No way that happens with MT there. Price will be playing more than that when MT's fighting for his job.

This.

USA_Montreal-Canadiens-Fans.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Then it's the GMs job to realize that the coach cannot win without Price carrying the team, even with the improvements the team has made over the summer. Both MB and MT are both on record saying they are a much better team after the summer additions, so there is no excuse for not being a top team in the east with a healthy Carey Price.

If Therrien can't have this team comfortably in the playoff picture with Price playing 60 games a season, then he has zero business being the coach of this team. MB has to realize this or he will find himself in the hot seat along with Therrien.

Yup. This is how I see it. Whatever we think of the off-season moves, Bergevin has clearly throttled-up the timetable for winning. He got that elusive top-six, he got PP players and a great coach in Muller. We accused him of doing nothing, well, he finally showed he has a pair, and for better or worse, this season will show if he has a brain to match.

With Price playing 50-60 games there's no reason the Habs shouldn't finish near the top.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
You can't hold on to everyone. The NHL wants everyone to have a chance. I doubt whether Condon would become the #1 goaltender anywhere but he might become a decent backup for some teams.

I can't really think of any team that would be in a rush to grab Condon. They would have to have an absolute garbage NHL backup, and also no decent goaltending prospects they'd rather give a shot too.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
It's there
http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-15-nhl-fanbases-who-have-suffered-the-most-heartbreak/

I think the image they used for the poster comes from HFHabs, but can't confirm.

That Picture is truly amazing, seeing MT and MB clutching onto Price as the savior .... really truly amazing picture

Any other GM or coach would do no worse than these 2 idiots with price in nets...the fact that we missed the playoffs last year without price indicates how BAD of a management team we really have

I guarantee we WILL NEVER go far (let alone Stanley cup contenders) in the playoffs with this management...it will take MORE than Price to lead us to the promised land !!! and we just dont have it in the Management team

Montreal is not a hockey town, it is only a Montreal Canadiens town, and most of these supporters cant even name 10 players on the team

Montreal is NOT a hockey town....the fact we demand a french Canadian coach will always be our kryptonite

sorry, but there really arent that many good French canadian coaches around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad