Dec 18, 2015
they will be forced to limit his starts when he is injured again,

60 games is very optimistic IMO, i would be shocked if he played 40

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
they will be forced to limit his starts when he is injured again,

60 games is very optimistic IMO, i would be shocked if he played 40

What makes you say the best goalie in hockey will only play half the season ? His knee injury ? I had the same injury and have never had any problems with the knee.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
What makes you say the best goalie in hockey will only play half the season

oh boy here we go with "the best goalie in hockey"

he ain't even close anymore and never will be again,

Holtby is miles ahead, in his prime, and injury free,

you think washington would trade Holtby for our "best goalie in hockey"?, one for one?.....not a chance

I had the same injury and have never had any problems with the knee.

your not a professional goaltender, and a knee (or groin) injury is the worst injury a goaltender can possibly have

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What makes you say the best goalie in hockey will only play half the season ? His knee injury ? I had the same injury and have never had any problems with the knee.

But do you play pro sports for 65 games a year? Not saying Price hasn't completely recovered but I'm also not betting my house that he has.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)

you think washington would trade Holtby for our "best goalie in hockey"?, one for one?.....not a chance

your not a professional goaltender, and a knee (or groin) injury is the worst injury a goaltender can possibly have

I am very curious, are you truly a Habs fan ? I looked at your posting history and have yet to see one positive post, all you do is bash anything Habs. would you be a long lost Nords fans by chance, because I have a friend like this.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
I am very curious, are you truly a Habs fan ? I looked at your posting history and have yet to see one positive post, all you do is bash anything Habs. would you be a long lost Nords fans by chance, because I have a friend like this.

i am a habs fan,

however i am not afraid to face the reality of this teams future, or lack there of,

i look at the team, players, coaches, GM etc from a neutral point of view, not some fan who is blinded by the truth

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

He's actually the other kind of hater fan.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On topic : 22 : 1 seems reasonable.

Odds are a bit lower due to lack of success last season, but still an above-average shot at the thing, despite the adjustment downwards.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Unfortunately the facts and the actual numbers do not support your opinion. In fact, all they do is show how incredibly wrong you are. Even before going down with his injury, he was the best goalie in hockey and even better save % than his previous year when he won Vezina, Lindsay, Jennings and Hart but yeah, he sucks...

So yeah, pretty much ridiculous post across the board...

https://www.nhl.com/player/carey-price-8471679

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/c...t-for-carey-price-in-season-back-from-injury/

Says Waite " But regardless of his playing time at the World Cup, the one thing for certain is that when Price gets back to the Canadiens, there will be a plan in place to keep Price fresh and healthy by limiting his starts. In fact, Waite said the goal is to keep Price in the 60-start range. "
Probably not a bad idea. Hopefully it's an injury free season for him.

Until he shows otherwise, he's going to be considered to be the best goalie in the game.

And if he's not up to his usual superstar play over the next few years then I don't see us winning another cup for a long time.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Unfortunately the facts and the actual numbers do not support your opinion. In fact, all they do is show how incredibly wrong you are. Even before going down with his injury, he was the best goalie in hockey and even better save % than his previous year when he won Vezina, Lindsay, Jennings and Hart but yeah, he sucks...

So yeah, pretty much ridiculous post across the board...

https://www.nhl.com/player/carey-price-8471679

Yeah I'm thinking Halak fan lol

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
58 games for Price
21 games for Montoya
3 games for Lindgren at some point

This seems realistic and with the added offense, I think they'll be in a comfortable enough spot to only play Price 60 games. It would be nice for him to go into the postseason a bit rested. Plus, with a baby at home, he'll need extra rest.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
58 games for Price
21 games for Montoya

This seems realistic and with the added offense, I think they'll be in a comfortable enough spot to only play Price 60 games. It would be nice for him to go into the postseason a bit rested. Plus, with a baby at home, he'll need extra rest.

This I agree with.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
58 games for Price
21 games for Montoya

Maybe more into the 60 then 50's for Price.

Overall, I think the Habs will be playing for the playoffs and not the regular season like Chicago, LA etc. Play well, do your thing but the playoffs are what matter and the MT style of play is extremely demanding on the players.

Better off this way and keep Price and hopefully other roster players fresh for a long playoff run.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe more into the 60 then 50's for Price.

Overall, I think the Habs will be playing for the playoffs and not the regular season like Chicago, LA etc. Play well, do your thing but the playoffs are what matter and the MT style of play is extremely demanding on the players.

Better off this way and keep Price and hopefully other roster players fresh for a long playoff run.

I hope they conserve Markov, he hasn't exactly been great in the playoffs and he's getting old. I'd love for them to even rest him on back to backs.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
It would be nice for him to go into the postseason a bit rested...........I hope they conserve Markov, he hasn't exactly been great in the playoffs and he's getting old

oh boy, now you are miles ahead of yourself,

lets just hope we get to the playoffs,

remember us all thinking the playoffs were a sure thing at this time last year?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
oh boy, now you are miles ahead of yourself,

lets just hope we get to the playoffs,

remember us all thinking the playoffs were a sure thing at this time last year?

I'm obviously assuming Price stays healthy. This team with Price would be near impossible to miss the playoffs. Look at the roster, and then compare to the rest of the division.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I hope they conserve Markov, he hasn't exactly been great in the playoffs and he's getting old. I'd love for them to even rest him on back to backs.

Hopefully he'll play 17-20 min a night on the 2nd pairing with spot duty on the PP. He's 37 and not the spring chicken he used to be and he'll be important come the payoffs for sure.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Heard the same about Markov. The next game he played 28min or something...
If the Habs are winning, it'll buy Price time. If Montoya proves to be a good back up who provides Wins as well, it'll buy Price time.
Otherwise, Price will play as much as possible.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
I'm obviously assuming Price stays healthy. This team with Price would be near impossible to miss the playoffs.

after last season i wouldn't be assuming anything,

if a collapse happened once it can happen again,

especially when you have a coach and GM who are incompetent, and have proven that they have no clue how to correct the direction of the ship once it has sailed off course,

when your ship sails off course you try to correct the direction, instead MT and MB broke the steering wheel off, threw it into the ocean, sat back and had some beers, and watched the ship crash onto a deserted island

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Heard the same about Markov. The next game he played 28min or something...
If the Habs are winning, it'll buy Price time. If Montoya proves to be a good back up who provides Wins as well, it'll buy Price time.
Otherwise, Price will play as much as possible.

Therrien can't help himself. He uses Markov like a rented mule. Once Price shows he's good for it game in and game out, I expect an incremental use that will bring him close to his normal levels from past years. Therrien's not going to get another opportunity to redeem himself, it's go time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad