Post-Game Talk: Habs score 3 unanswered to defeat the Fish and Penguins

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For me it's between those two and Suzuki. I've never actually gotten a captain's jersey before (just As) so maybe I'll cross that off my bucket list
I’ve never bought a jersey, but if I had to get one, I’d go for Beck. Sky’s the limit for him once he graduates from the OHL.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I reluctantly suggested Anderson not because of his exceptionally dissuasive attributes (which they aren’t) but only because we don’t have anyone else to fit the bill.

He’s a big body with some grittiness to his game and that would complement Suzuki and Caufield. However, if you can only point out flaws and not offer a better alternative, then you’ll easily understand why Anderson was suggested — pending a more suitable acquisition down the line.
The better alternative is to not care about dissuasive ability since it doesn't even really exist and go with the best complement for actually playing the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was screaming "what a pass" as it happened just below me. Suzuki scoring on the far side was gravy. I bring it up a lot on these boards I just want to see some execution some consistently good hockey plays from these guys, wins/losses will be what they will be.
I too am much more interested in individual improvement and prowess — it’ll eventually show in team stats.

Reactions: Rapala

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
3 takeaways from Marty’s coaching last night as per Mathias Brunet:

1. Pulled the goalie with 2:33 to go

2. He deployed Ghule, Suzuki and Caufield to begin OT

3. Used Dach alone on the point for the PP in OT.

I think no. 1 is no big deal, lots of coaches are doing that now. No. 3 involved a 4 on 3, do you really want to use 2 guys at the point in that situation?

Now, no. 2 shows a vote of confidence toward the team’s younger players and especially toward Guhle with so little NHL time under his belt.

I think the dach alone at the point thing was more so we used a young forward instead of a Dman. Old Habs coaches wouldn't have done that.

He did refuse Draisatl and 4th overall for Subban when Blue Jackets selected Dubois instead of Puujujarvi

Incorrect, he asked for Draisaitl. The Oilers would only do Taylor Hall.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think the dach alone at the point thing was more so we used a young forward instead of a Dman. Old Habs coaches wouldn't have done that.
Could be, however could also be that Guhle had just finished a shift and given the absence of a QB option on the point, how much of a stretch is it really to use a forward at the point? You make do with what you have, that’s kind of obvious to me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad