Rumor: Habs-Sabres Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
You hope he can live up to his contract.

I wouldn't go that far...but at 5.5 mil cap hit and with 5+ years left it's a huge financial risk.

Got a 2nd and Holland plus got rid of Cammalleri's huge cap hit. Overall a very good deal.

At what his cap hit is, too expensibe to NOT be a #1 or 2.

By the way that second was used to Draft Zac Fucale!

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Myers was lights out in his rookie season and has done nothing but regressing since then, so I don't buy the "time to adjust to his frame" excuse.

He's just bad, and not worth half his contract. He's big, but far from being physical. His defense is suspect, and his offensive game has been from average to bad over the last 3 years.

And his contract is terrible.

Look at the substance, not the hype. Tyler Myers isn't what we need. I rather have Tinordi in the system than him at this point.

Again Agreed....
I read someone compare Tinordi to Gill but I think Myers is more of Hal Gill then Tinordi is

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
That would be a fictitious conversation since Regier has nothing to do with the Sabres... don't know why MB would be talking to him, let alone calling him mister.

thats why I wrote or his replacement in my post
shorter than SABRES' INTERIM GENERAL MANAGER ;) as I did not know who took his place

and as for Gauthier, nobody remembers the Kaberle trade?? :laugh:

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
44519450.jpg

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Yep...Briere for Stafford works for me
Both make 4mil per for one more year.
Stafford could play with DD and MAX, worst case scenario Montreal got a bit more size that is a natural winger

It would probably take a 2nd/3rd or mid prospect from MTL.

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac
For some reason i get the feeling Markov is tangled up in this Buffalo thing too!
Maybe it's just me, hope so any way!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
For some reason i get the feeling Markov is tangled up in this Buffalo thing too!

I don't see any possible reason why Buffalo would be interested, nor why Bergevin would try to trade him to a team within the division.

I wouldn't worry all that much with Markov going to Buffalo if I were you.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

If that were to happen I would want Risto or Zadorov coming back as a prospect and a 1st maybe 2nd RD draft pick. Or maybe Zemgus Girgensons and a 2nd.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Only player I'd be willing to move for Markov out of Buffalo would be Matt Moulson, two UFA's to be. I think Markov could HELP fetch that second Power forward to compliment the offence.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
By the way that second was used to Draft Zac Fucale!

That's what I thought but was not 100% sure...

Again Agreed....
I read someone compare Tinordi to Gill but I think Myers is more of Hal Gill then Tinordi is

If nothing else Tinordi doesn't have a huge anchor of a contract for the next 5 years. If he only becomes a #4 or 5 at least he'd be paid like one...Myers is at 5.5 mil cap hit wether he is a #2 or #6(sse Gomez, Scott)

That makes ZERO sense on either side. If the Habs are moving Markov they'll send him to a top 5 team at the deadline for a 1st and a top young player.

Only player I'd be willing to move for Markov out of Buffalo would be Matt Moulson, two UFA's to be. I think Markov could HELP fetch that second Power forward to compliment the offence.

How does that make any sense? Moulson as a rental is only worth half or less what Markov is worth as a rental...plus neither team will want a rental if they can't sign the player. Moulson isn't a power forward, he's a young Ryder clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad