Rumor: Habs-Sabres Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I would be ecstatic if we could get a guy like Foligno in Montreal but that won't happen. Probably something minor like Luke Adam or a lateral move like Briere for Stafford (ew). If people hated Kostitsyn or Bourque, they'll get a big boner for Stafford and his inconsistencies. How credible is this guy anyway?

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
What the Sabres have that we want and what they want to get rid of? They want picks, MB not giving those up. I don't see a skenaario that there would be anything but rumours.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What the Sabres have that we want and what they want to get rid of? They want picks, MB not giving those up. I don't see a skenaario that there would be anything but rumours.
Briere goes home in a public relations stunt. He wants out, we don't want him and Buffalo needs to give fans something to go see.

I can see it happening. But it would be for a 100th round draft pick...

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa

Maybe one of our prospect forwards for one of their prospect defensemen? Otherwise I'm not sure what MB could be interested in that team. (I guess maybe Adam or for some inexplicable reason Stafford.

Edit: LG's theory seems more plausible though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd give up picks for Moulson or Ehrhoff, as long as they took money back.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I would be ecstatic if we could get a guy like Foligno in Montreal but that won't happen. Probably something minor like Luke Adam or a lateral move like Briere for Stafford (ew). If people hated Kostitsyn or Bourque, they'll get a big boner for Stafford and his inconsistencies. How credible is this guy anyway?

Foligno was born in Buffalo and the team stood by him after an emergency with his newborn daughter this year, I don't see them moving him now. Luke Adam has had his chances and many think is looking like a bust but who knows. Stafford hmmm...

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
The Sabres are sellers, what could they possibly offer us since we should be too on a number of contracts? Is MB about to trade for some veteran help? Please no.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't think they'd be looking at defenseman with Myers, Ristolainen, Pysyk, Ehrhoff, Zadorov all in the organization so I guess that removes the possibility of Beaulieu being dealt.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The Sabres are sellers, what could they possibly offer us since we should be too on a number of contracts? Is MB about to trade for some veteran help? Please no.
Moulson? Ehrhoff.

Ehrhoff, would be awesome. We could stop playing Bouillon and Murray (Murray would probably go back, maybe).

I'm not sure if the cap works, but I wouldn't be against;

Stafford + Ehrhoff
for
Briere + Murray + XXX

Markov - Subban
Ehrhoff - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz

Not as tough as I'd like, but still so so good in comparison to what we have now.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Stafford for Briere/Bourque? Briere preferably.

If it's a simple switch between Briere and Stafford I think I could live with that. They both need a change in scenery and have the same exact contract. Who knows, maybe having Stafford with one of our centers could unblock him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad