Rumor: Habs-Sabres Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
LOL

He's going to ask Regier (or his replacement) about Leino like he did with Briere and Holmgren.

MB - How would you rate Leino's game right now Mr. Regier?

Regier 10/10. Character, fantastic, a true professional. Hard-nosed player, skills for days. Hits reallly hard. Could dangle in a phone booth. Character. Hard shot. Never takes a day off. Character. Just really bad luck these past 2 years, but hey a bird pooped on my suit yesterday bad luck happens to everybody right buddy ? Character. :sarcasm:

MB - You're so funny Mr. Regier!! If you say so, It must be true! So it was a 1st round pick, Beaulieu and Brière right? Is that it? For all this character? Man oh man i cant believe it.

Regier - Sure, sure. :shakehead Sign here, here, and here.

:(

huh, Gauthier isnt our GM anymore...

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
NO thanks! I'd rather hold on to Briere for another year rather then trade Tinordi

Nope, if it meant I (if I was the GM) and had to trade Tinordi to get rid of Briere to obtain Myers no thanks,. I think Tinordi is going to be a stud Shut down D-man in this league. If I'm moving Tirnordi I'm getting better then Myers in return. Myers has been on the decline ever since signing that fat contract

You need to understand Myers has exponentially more value than Tinordi, and the chances that Tinordi could reach that level are incredibly slim. Not to mention Briere has negative value and the Sabres would be giving us the 30th pick in the draft.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
You need to understand Myers has exponentially more value than Tinordi, and the chances that Tinordi could reach that level are incredibly slim. Not to mention Briere has negative value and the Sabres would be giving us the 30th pick in the draft.

I dont disagree with your point but you have to acknowledge that if Tinordi MAY not reach Myers level of play that 2nd rounder (you speak of) is equally if not more of a crap shoot then Tinordi is.

There's also the fact that Myers contract is absolute CRAP and he's played poorly since signing it.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I dont disagree with your point but you have to acknowledge that if Tinordi MAY not reach Myers level of play that 2nd rounder (you speak of) is equally if not more of a crap shoot then Tinordi is.

There's also the fact that Myers contract is absolute CRAP and he's played poorly since signing it.

Yep trading for Myers is trading for hope.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Myers has easily been the worst defenseman in the league playing top pairing minutes for the last 2-3 years.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Stafford is not back on the bench....... have only play 3min in the first. Got a slash from Cooke but....

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
NO thanks! I'd rather hold on to Briere for another year rather then trade Tinordi

Nope, if it meant I (if I was the GM) and had to trade Tinordi to get rid of Briere to obtain Myers no thanks,. I think Tinordi is going to be a stud Shut down D-man in this league. If I'm moving Tirnordi I'm getting better then Myers in return. Myers has been on the decline ever since signing that fat contract
First of all, Myers has been a lot better this year so inform yourself more about what goes on around the league. 2nd of all, even if he's on the decline, how do you know that Tinordi will be better than him? If Tinordi is nothing more than a Hal Gill or even worse a Boris Valabik, I'm sorry but I take Myers any day given his resume. Another thing, Briere has minus value so it's essentially Myers and a 2nd for Tinordi. Again that offer is ridiculous. Also like it's been pointed out, that 2nd round pick is pretty much a late 1st round pick. That's without even taking in consideration that Buffalo is rebuilding so including any pick makes no sense for them. One more thing, Buffalo is in our division so it'd be stupid on so many levels to trade away Myers to a team within it's division (and that's without even considering the 'offer' on the table in this scenario).

Myers has easily been the worst defenseman in the league playing top pairing minutes for the last 2-3 years.
Yeah and he also happens to be a year younger than Subban, what's your point? Young defenseman don't grow on trees. Young defenseman that are right handed don't grow on trees. Young right handed defenseman that can produce offensively don't grow on trees. Young productive right handed defenseman that are 6'7 and mobile don't grow on trees either. Myers has turned his career around after a mediocre last 3 year. This year he's been playing better and the fact that he's been playing top pairing minutes for the last 2-3 years speaks a lot about his potential. This argument makes no sense at all I'm sorry. It's not because he's the worst top pairing defenseman in the league that it hurts his value. It's as if I said oh my god, Matt Moulson is the worst 30 goal scorer in the league. He's still a 30 goal scorer and those players are not easy to find.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

The fact Myers has so much value based on his rookie season performance is the exact reason why people should keep him out of trade proposals. His actual on-ice performance isn't anywhere close to his market value. Actually, I wonder if his market value really is all that high these days. Everyone knows he's been terrible for the last couple years, fans and GMs alike, and his contract isn't exactly a bargain either.

Long story short, not interested in Myers. If they're after Brière, just give me a draft pick anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th round and I'm a happy camper. There's not really any roster player of interest in Buffalo that we can hope to get in a trade that has Brière as its center piece.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
First of all, Myers has been a lot better this year so inform yourself more about what goes on around the league. 2nd of all, even if he's on the decline, how do you know that Tinordi will be better than him? If Tinordi is nothing more than a Hal Gill or even worse a Boris Valabik, I'm sorry but I take Myers any day given his resume. Another thing, Briere has minus value so it's essentially Myers and a 2nd for Tinordi. Again that offer is ridiculous. Also like it's been pointed out, that 2nd round pick is pretty much a late 1st round pick. That's without even taking in consideration that Buffalo is rebuilding so including any pick makes no sense for them. One more thing, Buffalo is in our division so it'd be stupid on so many levels to trade away Myers to a team within it's division (and that's without even considering the 'offer' on the table in this scenario).

Yeah and he also happens to be a year younger than Subban, what's your point? Young defenseman don't grow on trees. Young defenseman that are right handed don't grow on trees. Young right handed defenseman that can produce offensively don't grow on trees. Young productive right handed defenseman that are 6'7 and mobile don't grow on trees either. Myers has turned his career around after a mediocre last 3 year. This year he's been playing better and the fact that he's been playing top pairing minutes for the last 2-3 years speaks a lot about his potential. This argument makes no sense at all I'm sorry. It's not because he's the worst top pairing defenseman in the league that it hurts his value. It's as if I said oh my god, Matt Moulson is the worst 30 goal scorer in the league. He's still a 30 goal scorer and those players are not easy to find.

Except there are 60 defenseman playing top pairing minutes and half of them are not top pairing defenseman.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
is it the stupidity of that ficticious convo that threw you off or the fact that he keeps saying mister regier :laugh:

That would be a fictitious conversation since Regier has nothing to do with the Sabres... don't know why MB would be talking to him, let alone calling him mister.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Didn't realize how bad Leino's stats were until I took a closer look... what were the Sabres thinking. Hope he isn't coming our way with a contract like that.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We don't need him for top pairing

If they give us Brière for Myers, then by all means, I'll gladly take Myers on our team. But if we have to add a guy like Tinordi on top of it ,which is likely much closer value-wise, then we might as well stay away.

I repeat. Tyler Myers sucks ass. Pretty bad. The way he's been playing over the last couple of years would make him a dead weight for this team if you factor in his contract. 5.5M AAV for an average 2nd pairing dman at best? Nope.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Except there are 60 defenseman playing top pairing minutes and half of them are not top pairing defenseman.
I doubt there are 60 better defenseman than Myers just saying, and even then Myers is only 23, not only defenseman take longer to develop but players of his size take longer to get comfortable with their body.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yep trading for Myers is trading for hope.

You hope he can live up to his contract.

I wouldn't go that far...but at 5.5 mil cap hit and with 5+ years left it's a huge financial risk.

Bourque says hello

Got a 2nd and Holland plus got rid of Cammalleri's huge cap hit. Overall a very good deal.

We don't need him for top pairing

At what his cap hit is, too expensibe to NOT be a #1 or 2.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The fact Myers has so much value based on his rookie season performance is the exact reason why people should keep him out of trade proposals. His actual on-ice performance isn't anywhere close to his market value. Actually, I wonder if his market value really is all that high these days. Everyone knows he's been terrible for the last couple years, fans and GMs alike, and his contract isn't exactly a bargain either.

Long story short, not interested in Myers. If they're after Brière, just give me a draft pick anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th round and I'm a happy camper. There's not really any roster player of interest in Buffalo that we can hope to get in a trade that has Brière as its center piece.

Agreed on all points, no interest in Myers at all.
Like you said if they want Briere I'd take a flyer on Stafford exact same contract but at least Montreal can play Stafford on a third line Wing or just get a low pick for him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I doubt there are 60 better defenseman than Myers just saying, and even then Myers is only 23, not only defenseman take longer to develop but players of his size take longer to get comfortable with their body.

Myers was lights out in his rookie season and has done nothing but regressing since then, so I don't buy the "time to adjust to his frame" excuse.

He's just bad, and not worth half his contract. He's big, but far from being physical. His defense is suspect, and his offensive game has been from average to bad over the last 3 years.

And his contract is terrible.

Look at the substance, not the hype. Tyler Myers isn't what we need. I rather have Tinordi in the system than him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad