Pre-Game Talk: #Habs@Sabres (09-10-19/SN, MSG-B, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Buffalo is going to be a good team this year. They have some strong dmen and good forwards. Goaltending is a question but they're going to probably do the whole tandem goalie thing that so many teams have been doing lately and they'll probably be ok.
A tighten duel. It moves from everywhere. No rest on facing 'em. It comes down to the small details.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I'd switch Domi with Kotkaniemi and have Drouin - Domi - Armia as the 2nd line. Suzuki seemed a bit overwhelmed these past to games. Not that he's been playing bad but, imo, a bit easier minutes on the third line would be easier for him in terms of adjusting to regular season NHL speed and intensity.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Gabriel Sagala

Sep 8, 2019
After 2 games:

Armia and Suzuki are the only forwards without a point so far
Thompson is -3, worst on the team and Mete is +3, best on the team

Petry is leading the team with 12 shots on goal, follow by Domi and Gallagher at 9

Best on faceoffs : Thompson (64%) and Weal (57.1%)
Worst on faceoffs: Kotkaniemi (33.3%) and Domi (38.7%)

Chiarot leading the team for Hits with 10 and Suzuki is the only one without one.
Domi is leading the team for giveaways with 5

Petry is leading the team for Ice-time at 5-on-5 with 44:31 follow by Chiarot with 38:53
(Weber got even less than Mete with 34:30)

Most used forwards at 5-on-5 is Gallagher with 32:36
LEss ice-time at 5-on-5 is Jordan Weal with 18:38

Most used player on the PP are Weber (6:56) and Drouin (6:27)
That's at least 1:20 more than anyone else

Carey Price received 80 shots, most for any goaltender in the NHL.
Closest to him are at 72 (Brossoit in Winnipeg and Anderson in Ottawa)
nice report !

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
You normally start your #1 the first game and the #2 the second game.

Secure the first 2points then take whatever you can the second game.

But since it's our home opener against the wings I wouldn't be surprised if Price gets both game.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Even when Buffalo sucks they always give us fits, so I expect no different after this hot start.

Do I believe they've turned the corner? I will when I see it. Great start to the season, no doubt, but that happened last year as well and then the wheels were off by December.
Tho, they won't make our task easier than it seems...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Buffalo looked good at the beginning of last season too, didn't they? I mean, they have some great players and could finally have turned the corner, but I'm sure their fans will agree we should pump the brakes a bit.

It would be cool to see them in the playoffs again.
No Pominville tho. You know, against the CH they become pumped with that guy. Definitely a breath of fresh air...

Jul 6, 2016
Julien's plan must be to give Price some rest once Habs are at least 20 points up on the next closest team.

The plan is exactly the same as last season. No back-to-back games by Price. Kinkaid will play in Buffalo and Price, in the home opener and Saturday night.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Belzile keeps it going, he may well be the next call up.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pick a fight with vegans.

The vegans will win. Meat* side can't score.

rMFYvGO.jpg

* Though his last name is pronounced "Meh-tay," the nickname "Meat" has followed him from junior to the Canadiens' dressing room.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
3 full days in between games to start the season? Bah.

Probably see Kinkaid in for one of these games and if I'm a betting man, it'll be this one. They'll probably want Pricer in at home on Thursday.

If it were me I'd play Price against Buffalo, they seem like the stronger team while also being on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad