Pre-Game Talk: #Habs@Sabres (09-10-19/SN, MSG-B, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
3 full days in between games to start the season? Bah.

Probably see Kinkaid in for one of these games and if I'm a betting man, it'll be this one. They'll probably want Pricer in at home on Thursday.

Yep! Back to back with the second game being the home opener...Price will more than likely have Wednesday night off.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
After 2 games:

Armia and Suzuki are the only forwards without a point so far
Thompson is -3, worst on the team and Mete is +3, best on the team

Petry is leading the team with 12 shots on goal, follow by Domi and Gallagher at 9

Best on faceoffs : Thompson (64%) and Weal (57.1%)
Worst on faceoffs: Kotkaniemi (33.3%) and Domi (38.7%)

Chiarot leading the team for Hits with 10 and Suzuki is the only one without one.
Domi is leading the team for giveaways with 5

Petry is leading the team for Ice-time at 5-on-5 with 44:31 follow by Chiarot with 38:53
(Weber got even less than Mete with 34:30)

Most used forwards at 5-on-5 is Gallagher with 32:36
LEss ice-time at 5-on-5 is Jordan Weal with 18:38

Most used player on the PP are Weber (6:56) and Drouin (6:27)
That's at least 1:20 more than anyone else

Carey Price received 80 shots, most for any goaltender in the NHL.
Closest to him are at 72 (Brossoit in Winnipeg and Anderson in Ottawa)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
3 full days in between games to start the season? Bah.

Probably see Kinkaid in for one of these games and if I'm a betting man, it'll be this one. They'll probably want Pricer in at home on Thursday.

Makes the most sense.

Buffalo has had a nice start to the season at 2-0 (they play in Columbus tonight).

Jul 6, 2016
Won't be an easy game at all. Buffalo seems to finally "get" it ! Dahlin is showing why he was the top pick last year, and might become a perennial Norris Trophy candidate.

Reactions: cphabs

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Buffalo is going to be a good team this year. They have some strong dmen and good forwards. Goaltending is a question but they're going to probably do the whole tandem goalie thing that so many teams have been doing lately and they'll probably be ok.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Makes the most sense.

Buffalo has had a nice start to the season at 2-0 (they play in Columbus tonight).

Should be another win,Jackets look like toast. Guess losing your best payers hurt after all.MB should try to get Anderson as they must have to rebuild.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't have a good feeling about this one. (what else is new... I never do).

Could be boring as hell... or could be chippy as hell. Kinkaid better come ready to play cause that D ain't giving anyone warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: cphabs and Rapala

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Pretty good for us to come away with 3 of 4 points against two tough opponents on the road- especially considering we didn't really find ourselves until the 3rd period of that Leafs game.

Reactions: Holystik

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't have a good feeling about this one. (what else is new... I never do).

Could be boring as hell... or could be chippy as hell. Kinkaid better come ready to play cause that D ain't giving anyone warm and fuzzy.

I was at our first home game against Buffalo last year. I think there were like 9 goals in the first period and a half. :laugh: Price blew a very long Ristolainen slap shop in OT. It really sucked to be us in that one. But it was fun with all those goals.

Reactions: Toene

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Buffalo is going to be a good team this year. They have some strong dmen and good forwards. Goaltending is a question but they're going to probably do the whole tandem goalie thing that so many teams have been doing lately and they'll probably be ok.

Now they have a coach, I agree. Krueger is a good one, I'm still wondering why Edmonton suddenly fired him.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Buffalo looked good at the beginning of last season too, didn't they? I mean, they have some great players and could finally have turned the corner, but I'm sure their fans will agree we should pump the brakes a bit.

It would be cool to see them in the playoffs again.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hutton apparently has a new, ostensibly better goalie coach. Mike Bales' objective: Make Sabres goalies 'best version of themselves' . Hutton certainly has the ability, based on what he did in St-Louis.

Moreover, he has much better support from his defensive corps. This is a deep team at the blue line.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Sounds like Drouin is back on the third like with KK and Armia. Clod does the coaching.

Voici les trios et duos qui étaient en action à l’entraînement, lundi matin :

Attaquants
Tomas Tatar-Phillip Danault-Brendan Gallagher
Artturi Lehkonen-Max Domi-Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin-Jesperi Kotkaniemi-Joel Armia
(Nick Cousins)-Paul Byron-Nate Thompson-Jordan Weal
Défenseurs
Victor Mete-Shea Weber
Ben Chiarot-Jeff Petry
Brett Kulak-Cale Fleury
Mike Reilly-Christian Folin
Gardiens
Carey Price
Keith Kinkaid

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Even when Buffalo sucks they always give us fits, so I expect no different after this hot start.

Do I believe they've turned the corner? I will when I see it. Great start to the season, no doubt, but that happened last year as well and then the wheels were off by December.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I was at our first home game against Buffalo last year. I think there were like 9 goals in the first period and a half. :laugh: Price blew a very long Ristolainen slap shop in OT. It really sucked to be us in that one. But it was fun with all those goals.
I was there too. Crazy game!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Price should start against buffalo since they are better than the wings
We also usually destroy Detroit, so makes more sense to use our backup against them.

But its our first home game against detroit, so idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad