Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Daniel Carr

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yes. In Carolina. Wrap around against Cam Ward.

Thanks bud. Just did some research on other players who have scored in their first game and first shot on net. I thought it would be a shorter list but still pretty interesting.

Brind'Amour, Mario Lemieux, Leino, Toews, Filatov, Redden, Rob Ray, Michalek, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn, Robitaille, and Bonk.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He reminds me of Brian Savage/Shane Corson, I just like this kid.

I dunno. I remember savage for his speed and shot velocity. I remember corson as a power forward.

I don't recognize Carr for any of those things. I think the best I can come with is that he's a Gallagher light, and we just have to figure out where he ends on that "light" spectrum.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Carr = Ryan Smyth

Not very skilled, but a hard worker and team guy. Carr could turn into a beauty

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Any time McCarron is mentioned his foot speed is mentioned. Endurance......fine, he worked out all summer and is improving. Foot speed? The guy is great for someone 6 6, when he gets going, after his first 2 steps, he has above average speed for someone his size. He has excellent hands and when he gets a slap shot off (it's tough with the giant stick) it's a bullet. Surprised they never tried him on defence...

I'd start him on the 3rd line. He wins faceoffs, killer screens and can drop the gloves or be a bully. The other team does notice when this guy is on the ice. Heck, he even challenged the new star rookie prospect at camp and they didn't even ship him on the first plane to Nashville.;)

Oh and Carr is the real deal. :yo:

Being fast doesn't mean he has great food speed, especially in hockey.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I dunno. I remember savage for his speed and shot velocity. I remember corson as a power forward.

I don't recognize Carr for any of those things. I think the best I can come with is that he's a Gallagher light, and we just have to figure out where he ends on that "light" spectrum.

I agree with you. Carr doesn't have many similarities with Savage and Corson.

Personnaly, he reminds me a lot more of the Chris Higgins of his 3 or 4 first seasons.

Jul 6, 2016
Carr = Ryan Smyth

Not very skilled, but a hard worker and team guy. Carr could turn into a beauty

Or he could become the next Paluhaj or D'Agostini.

Let's wait a full season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Personnaly, he reminds me a lot more of the Chris Higgins of his 3 or 4 first seasons.

nah. Higgins could skate like the Dickens! But man if he could show the potential that Higgins showed then that would be amazing

Or he could become the next Paluhaj or D'Agostini.

Let's wait a full season.

I'm not ready to christen him a 20 goal guy but I've got a very very good feeling he'll be better than those 2. Never liked D'Agostini and wasn't fooled by those first few games he scored a bunch.

Carr's compete and offensive instincts are very good. I'd be more worried about his thin frame coupled with the type of game he plays.

It'll be interesting to see how he and Ghetto do. I personally don't have that much invested in them so I'm not too worried if they don't pan out but I liked what I saw from both those guys and could be nice complementary players to our corps. Nice stop gaps for our Hudons and Lehkonens and McCarrons that could turn into tradeable assets.

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
"Barry Melrose spits on the 2016'17 team, and how easy they will be to play against."

There is a reason why guys like Barry, Pierre McGuire, and Craig Button work for the networks and are removed from any coaching and front office gigs.

I haven't thought of mullet boy in almost a decade since his Tampa Bay debacle as head coach. Funny stuff, Barry.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET

Remember how good Higgins was for a few seasons? If we can get a few seasons like that out of Carr that'd be great. That's a good comparison, Danny just needs to put on a bit of bulk and he'll be fine. I like this player.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean... I like Carr, but I can't see him ever putting up more than 35-40 points a season. He'll be (or is) a good, hard-working middle-six guy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Daniel Carr will be part of the top 9 this season. The kid is determined to succeed. 15 goal season coming up.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Yep I don't mind Ryder type one dimensional scorers, Snipers work on balanced teams.

Carr is not at all a sniper. He scores garbage goals in front of the net. He's very much a ryan smyth type. Not big, not a great shooter, just a guy who charges the net and is not shy to get to the dirty areas

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He came out of nowhere last season, real shame the injury stopped him. It would be amazing if we can get 15-20 goals out of him next season.

With so many prospects knocking at the door next season, I expect atleast 1 or 2 player to have a impact in our team and round up our top 6.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm more hyped to see him than Andrighetto tbh.

for me they're pretty close.

I was really impressed with Ghetto near the end of last year.

i've said it over and over but people are generally unimpressed with our prospect pool but both these guys showed some pretty promising things and they're more or less mid level prospects in our org. I really think in a few years we're gonna be pretty happy with MB's picks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
for me they're pretty close.

I was really impressed with Ghetto near the end of last year.

i've said it over and over but people are generally unimpressed with our prospect pool but both these guys showed some pretty promising things and they're more or less mid level prospects in our org. I really think in a few years we're gonna be pretty happy with MB's picks.

I share this opinion. I've been happy with the draft picks Bergevin has made. Carr was never drafted but he's kind of like a pick they made.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00