Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Daniel Carr

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
I don't see Danault being moved. Danault, Shaw or McCarron could be our 3rd line Center.

I see us trading Emelin/DD and sign Kris Russell.

Shaw is needed on the wing, Mac should play big minutes in A.

Trading one player signing another does not vacate spots, also not many teams take DD or even Emelin salary without sending body back.

IMO DD is more valuable to Habs, he could enable offensive 3rd line, Danault type guys are dime.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
To be honest, I have liked Daniel Carr since his first game with us.

Same here. And watching him game in and game out, I realized he goes to the net a la Gallagher.

I'm loving the idea of having Gallagher, Shaw, and Carr all give goalies and defensemen a real hard time line after line.

I'd also add McCarron in that category. I loved seeing a guy his size go to the net.

In 23 games last season, Carr had 6 goals and 3 assists. It's fair to assume that with a few years experience and full seasons to his credit, he can offer 20 goals.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Same here. And watching him game in and game out, I realized he goes to the net a la Gallagher.

I'm loving the idea of having Gallagher, Shaw, and Carr all give goalies and defensemen a real hard time line after line.

I'd also add McCarron in that category. I loved seeing a guy his size go to the net.

In 23 games last season, Carr had 6 goals and 3 assists. It's fair to assume that with a few years experience and full seasons to his credit, he can offer 20 goals.

McCarron can be a beast but his foot speed and endurance has to improve, with his frame and potential, it would make it a nightmare to play against. I think he is a project worth waiting for, even if it's another year in the AHL, It will be worth it in the long run. Carr is a sniper in my opinion, looking to score no matter his line or role on the team, I notice him when he is on the ice.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah i was just thinking about those 3 after someone posted the stats about scoring in front of the net. Carr and Shaw should complement Gally in that area. It's a dimension we've been missing for a long long time.

I'm pretty excited to see what Carr can do along with Ghetto and a few others.

I'm not gonna call Carr a 20 goal scorer yet. You aren't exactly either but just because he pro rated for 20 in a rookie season doesn't quite mean he can be. That being said I love the way he plays. Definitely a minor revelation last season.

Let's see what he can do over a whole year. He is older so I don't know how much better he can be but he just plays in that scrappy way you can't help but enjoy.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Barry Melrose spits on the 2016'17 team, and how easy they will be to play against.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
yeah i was just thinking about those 3 after someone posted the stats about scoring in front of the net. Carr and Shaw should complement Gally in that area. It's a dimension we've been missing for a long long time.

I'm not gonna call Carr a 20 goal scorer yet. You aren't exactly either but just because he pro rated for 20 in a rookie season doesn't quite mean he can be. That being said I love the way he plays. Definitely a minor revelation last season.

Let's see what he can do over a whole year. He is older so I don't know how much better he can be but he just plays in that scrappy way you can't help but enjoy.

Carr is a low money guy that is looking to advance, he goes for it on every shift.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Barry Melrose spits on the 2016'17 team, and how easy they will be to play against.

We added Weber, Shaw and a Beast in Radulov and we somehow will be even softer than we were last year ? Ok , time to think of retirement with those coments

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

You're right. Maybe 20 goals is a little optimistic of me. But as you mentioned, his style of play is a lot of fun to watch. He is gonna have a lot of fans.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A bright spot in a summer of negative. I like this kid, the rosy cheeked sniper on every shift.:laugh:

I would categorize this as a summer of positive.

- Reway signed to ELC
- Lehkonen signed to ELC
- Muller hired as Associate Coach
- Extended Ghetto for 1 year
- Extended Barberior for 2 years
- Extended Carr for 2 years
- Extended Danault for 2 years
- Andrew Shaw is acquired and extended (not a unanimous trade and signing, but it's a great addition)
- Weber is acquired (I know this one hurts a lot of people, but we got a great player back)
- Signing Radulov
- Drafting Segachev (one of the best picks in the draft)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It certainly looks better than last year.

This said last year summer was so bad my grandma would have done better than that and she doesn't know a thing about hockey.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It certainly looks better than last year.

This said last year summer was so bad my grandma would have done better than that and she doesn't know a thing about hockey.

I agree. Looking at last off-season and looking at this year's, it's night and day.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have always had this funny feeling that MT really likes Carr. I could see him put in the Dale Weise roll where he gets bumped up the lineup every so often and can be productive. I could see him with similar offensive numbers as Weise. Call me crazy but I think that he is his replacement.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
McCarron can be a beast but his foot speed and endurance has to improve, with his frame and potential, it would make it a nightmare to play against. I think he is a project worth waiting for, even if it's another year in the AHL, It will be worth it in the long run. Carr is a sniper in my opinion, looking to score no matter his line or role on the team, I notice him when he is on the ice.

McCarron needs to take it to the next level this year, show us he's ready for the show. I don't see Carr as a sniper, more a gally go to the net type--- albeit with less skill/upside. He will be an excellent third-liner who can plug into the top 6 if need be in his prime I think.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I have always had this funny feeling that MT really likes Carr. I could see him put in the Dale Weise roll where he gets bumped up the lineup every so often and can be productive. I could see him with similar offensive numbers as Weise. Call me crazy but I think that he is his replacement.

Definite upgrade on Weise.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto

Any time McCarron is mentioned his foot speed is mentioned. Endurance......fine, he worked out all summer and is improving. Foot speed? The guy is great for someone 6 6, when he gets going, after his first 2 steps, he has above average speed for someone his size. He has excellent hands and when he gets a slap shot off (it's tough with the giant stick) it's a bullet. Surprised they never tried him on defence...

I'd start him on the 3rd line. He wins faceoffs, killer screens and can drop the gloves or be a bully. The other team does notice when this guy is on the ice. Heck, he even challenged the new star rookie prospect at camp and they didn't even ship him on the first plane to Nashville.;)

Oh and Carr is the real deal. :yo:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Is Carr the one that scored in his first game, first shift and first shot on net?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00