Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Andrighetto to 1 year deal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's not bashing!!!.....how you get to that conclusion?

The other posters are ridiculing Bergevin, assuming that Andrighetto will be his only top 6 aquisition, but they do it with sarcasm. We're not even at the draft, let alone UFA day yet some posters here are bashing Bergevin because we hasn't aquired a big time player....in what universe does this carry any weight?....

The other poster is just merely stating the obvious.......it's like complaining about next weeks weather today.

People have plenty of right to be sarcastic. You don't like their approach, stop whining about people whining. Makes no sense. If Bergevin do move, I would expect those people to congratulate him for the move if it makes sense. Bergevin brought that on himself with his stupid after stupid press conférences. He created that. He deserve it. Then, if he goes out of his way and stop finding that his job is hard to do and what it counts the most is that he tries hard, people will respect him more.

On the move itself, I said before that this was a fine move. Win-win for everybody. Ghetto needs to prove that he's top 6, clearly a contract to do so. But I do hope we are not done in the top 6 material. And frankly, I'm not expecting UFA's....I'M expecting trades. That's how you get rid of pièces and put other pièces in the right place.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
MB - the master of signing 4th line wingers.

I don't think this is fair.

Andrighetto is not a fourth liner. He is a young player just re-signed on a good contract who is trying to prove he can make it as a middle-six winger.

I don't know what else is expected of Bergevin these days. UFA season is not here yet, and trades only start happening after the Cup finals are over.

To me, it sounds like bashing for the sake of bashing.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People have plenty of right to be sarcastic. You don't like their approach, stop whining about people whining. Makes no sense. If Bergevin do move, I would expect those people to congratulate him for the move if it makes sense. Bergevin brought that on himself with his stupid after stupid press conférences. He created that. He deserve it. Then, if he goes out of his way and stop finding that his job is hard to do and what it counts the most is that he tries hard, people will respect him more.

On the move itself, I said before that this was a fine move. Win-win for everybody. Ghetto needs to prove that he's top 6, clearly a contract to do so. But I do hope we are not done in the top 6 material. And frankly, I'm not expecting UFA's....I'M expecting trades. That's how you get rid of pièces and put other pièces in the right place.

You expect "those" people to congratulate Bergevin IF the move makes sense?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm happy Ghetto only got a 1 year deal at less than $1MM. I'm not sold on him yet and I guess neither is management. This year will tell I guess.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There was no imaginable scenario where Andrighetto would of possibly signed for more than 1M

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
He has improved every season and is too good for the AHL. His future is either NHL or Europe. A good 1-year deal as we need to take a serious look at Reway and Lehkonen as they could push some players out. Ghetto will need to take another step this season.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
And you're doing so much better by bashing people you don't agree with. Good job.

I'm not sure anyone actually disagrees it's a good signing at a great price, but the overwhelming urge still seems to be to use it as some sort of pretense to bash Bergevin, for several posters out there. There are literally dozens of things that you can bash MB over if you really want to that might actually make some sense. It takes some sort of extra effort to use the Andrighetto signing to bash him though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not sure anyone actually disagrees it's a good signing at a great price, but the overwhelming urge still seems to be to use it as some sort of pretense to bash Bergevin, for several posters out there. There are literally dozens of things that you can bash MB over if you really want to that might actually make some sense. It takes some sort of extra effort to use the Andrighetto signing to bash him though.

The bar's been set extremely low these days though ....so it doesn't take much

Hell...passing on an assistant 4 years ago generated pages and pages of discussion

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
The guy is almost 200 pounds at 5'10". That's not what I'd call a teenage frame. To be honest that post is full of regurgitated clichés. Needs extra muscle, learn to play a 2-way game, smallish player, junior mistakes, yada yada yada...

well, it might be obvious if you actually followed this prospect that he did cheat in the past and wasnt 200 lbs 2 seasons ago. He's well grown now but he wasnt even 180 before. Might be clichés but this time around the team was already way too smallish, and he made bad turnovers in his NHL games that looked like a lack of proper care on his 2way game. I think he's being brought up just fine. Interesting depth pick but the overreaction of the fanbase over this is hilarious. For once they dont throw our next 'might be good' Quebecer forward in the wolves den that is Montreal, before he's ready to not **** it
up. Remember Latendresse, who was a depth 3rd liner who was treated like a God by the media and demonized by the fanbase. You'll see what I mean if Hudon ever makes it.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Yep. Just like I expect people who keeps defending Bergevin no matter what to open their eyes and instead of bringing the infamous "He's not perfect" though, they are rarely able to name what they think he's at fault for.....to also come out and say whenver Bergevin isn't doing the job.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

it wouldn't be so tired if he actually deserved half of the bashing he gets.

The fact that it's way overdone and not even really warranted is just pretty painful and boring to have to watch.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yep. Just like I expect people who keeps defending Bergevin no matter what to open their eyes and instead of bringing the infamous "He's not perfect" though, they are rarely able to name what they think he's at fault for.....to also come out and say whenver Bergevin isn't doing the job.

Going to presume you're not referring to me here lol

But ok - we'll see when that time comes

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Actually, YOU are the one speculating, there's no conversation to be had, you're just insisting on talking about something nobody knows anything about...

LOL of course I am speculating. Thats what creates conversation on this board. At least what I speculate about is better than the usual stuff that comes out of your posts which are one line zingers bashing MB.

but hey, since you insist...

playing losing weight during season ? sure, they pretty much all do.
the diet thing ? what do you know about his diet ?
his fitness ? sure what do you know about it ?
and his stamina level ? care to tell us us about his stamina level ?
told his coach ? told him what exactly do you know ? have sources ?
what part of the AHL system he can't learn ? I'll guess you don't know either
wich part of the system he could adapt to ? you don't know, same
video room ? how do you know he wasnt paying attention
as for him working harder ? how hard is he working care to tell us ?

awnser to ALL these questions ? you.do.not.know. and I.do.not.know.either. and same.for.pretty.much.everybody.here

so yeah sure... what is it that you wanted to talk about ?

I wanted to talk about all the above. Everything I posted was not a statement but a question DUH! So discuss the points I brought up. Do you think anything I mentioned above may have played a role in why Hudon was passed on the depth chart or is the only thing you will contribute to the discussion is one liners about how MB/MT are incompetent?

here's an idea...
how about we buildup a scenario where Hudon is the bad boy not doing his "homework", not training well, not doing what he's being told... and in that scenario we'll assume that MT/MB are doing the right thing, like it's them, it HAS to be the right thing... oh! and in that scenario of ours, we'll make sure to talk about things we have no clue about, none, and only that.

sounds good ?

Well I think it makes more sense that Hudon isn't ready for the NHL level when other players on the depth chart are passing him by rather than thinking I know better than MB/MT how prospects are doing.

Sure maybe you are right and so insightful and MB/MT are giant idiots who know nothing about hockey. I guess spending your entire life inside the game gives you less perspective than someone who watches it on TV and posts on a message board.

So what reason do you think Hudon was passed on the depth chart by all the other young players we have? Because MT is an idiot and hates him? Or does it have something to do with hockey?

As usual you will continue to troll me and bold one part of my message and have no substance to your reply aside from saying MT/MB are idiots.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The bar's been set extremely low these days though ....so it doesn't take much

Hell...passing on an assistant 4 years ago generated pages and pages of discussion

I have no idea how you can pretend as if discussions like that are solely one way. If it generated pages and pages, it takes people who are for and against to create pages. Besides, clearly, discussion went from Robinson himself to the numerous sub-points by either side. THAT created the pages.

Going to presume you're not referring to me here lol

But ok - we'll see when that time comes

Only talking about people who it fits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Absolutely...
MB MT DD Pac Plek Eller etc etc etc.
All have recieved accolades when they do well.
The fact that many find the criticisms go overboard is their problem.
If and when MB does something remarkable he will get credit.
Just don't hold your breath...
He has set his bar low.

AntiCHrice

Mar 30, 2016
This is awesome guys. Completely original and funny every time we read this. Keep a copy of those comments handy for when MB goes out and re-signs Carr, then you can complain all over again that it's his only "Top 6 acquisition" and how he's signing another useless 4th liner. Good work. :shakehead

How anyone can be mad or upset at this signing is beyond me. Young guy who was a 3rd round pick and came out of nowhere, shows some promise in his first real opportunity on the team, showed some offense, didn't look out of place when playing with AG and Max, signed for LESS THAN his qualifying offer and only about $75,000 more than the bloody league minimum. What did you want Marc to do with this, just let the guy walk because his last name doesn't rhyme with Rock-pose-oh? Did you expect him to have signed a bona fide Top 6 forward three weeks before the UFA season even starts? Did you expect him to trade for a Top 6 forward while the playoffs are still going on?

Any chance to bash MB, I guess. Well done.

I have been following this board since 2005 and only recently did I decide to create an account, just so I could filter out the spammers and others one liner gurus. My user experience was becoming unbearable and the ignore list was the only option I had other than completely stop visiting this site. Fortunately that little function has proven to be really beneficial. I couldn't recommend it enough.

So I'm with you. The substance of this board went downhill big time over the years. It is getting harder and harder to find relevant information among all the trash. I miss posters such as McPhee and GrosBill.

This is my first post ever by the way. Now I'll go back to my quiet ways :)

Cheers

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have been following this board since 2005 and only recently did I decide to create an account, just so I could filter out the spammers and others one liner gurus. My user experience was becoming unbearable and the ignore list was the only option I had other than completely stop visiting this site. Fortunately that little function has proven to be really beneficial. I couldn't recommend it enough.

So I'm with you. The substance of this board went downhill big time over the years. It is getting harder and harder to find relevant information among all the trash. I miss posters such as McPhee and GrosBill.

This is my first post ever by the way. Now I'll go back to my quiet ways :)

Cheers

wow that's a long time to lurk. I agree with everything, it's too bad you haven't posted more. McPhee will always be one of the best posters at HF, those were fun times to discuss the Habs from before the HF meltdown in '02 when everything got wiped out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad