Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Andrighetto to 1 year deal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Here we go. Top 6 found....;)

Win-win. Ghetto will have to show more to get more.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Happy that he's staying but It would have been nice if we could have signed him a bit longer. I'm sure he would have become a bargain down the line.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Happy that he's staying but It would have been nice if we could have signed him a bit longer. I'm sure he would have become a bargain down the line.
It's likely another one of those deals where this summer, if Bergevin decides he needs to trade Andrighetto at the draft for whatever reason, he's signed to a deal, but not to a commitment of 2-3 years some teams might not like.

Other than that it's one of those, "show me if you're a perennial 25 or 40 point player" type of deals.

I used to not like Andrighetto but the idea of keeping him around is starting to grow on me.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I disagree.

I think a young player like that who hasn't shown much of anything needs to be put on his toes. It should make him work harder for a bigger pay day next year, which is to our benefit because we need offense badly this year.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Anyway, I like Ghetto - he already has some of the best finishing skills on the team. Hopefully he can break out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I see both Ghetto and Carr as good third line players able to move up when needed but certainly not full time top 6 guys. I'd like to see them both on a line with Eller to see how they perform at both ends of the rink. Unfortunately this will never happen and we will never know because well DD will get the nod over Eller. The line begins to look soft all of a sudden...

Last edited by a moderator:

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Here we go. Top 6 found....;)

Win-win. Ghetto will have to show more to get more.
Still young.

He has proven he is a NHL player.

17 points in 44 games (pace of 32 points). Previous season, he played 12 NHL games.

If he improves a bit he could reach top-6 (second line) level at 40+ points.
He would have needed 22.55 points to have a pace of .5 ppg.
He had a scoreless slump of 8 games (Dec 29th till Feb 9th).
He was 9th in TOI/GP behind Fleishman, Eller and Weise and 8th on PP TOI/GP.
A little bit improvment and a bit more PP could see him get better number.

I see him competing with Lehkonen for top-6 sport (still think that Lehkonen is going to be better).

We just need one UFA coming July 1st. Another 40+ points scorer.
Until Lehkonen, Scherback, McCaron, Hudon and DeLaRose can come and fill out top-9.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
How much guys?? 875K?? Just a hunch...

Probably not much if it's a one way contract. With the salary cap it's hard to make the NHL these days if you are unproven and have a salary of 1.5 millions and more (unless you are a top end talent of course).

Like Pateryn it's a good idea for a 23-24 years old guy drafted after the 1st round to sign a one way contract for 800k-999k. At this salary the team can play you in the bottom 6 and you can prove what you are worth in the NHL instead of loosing your time in the AHL.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Sounds about right...

Do you think he would have produced more last year, given better TOI like Weise or Byron??
Can he hit 40-50pts? With more TOI or a different coach?

No I don't. Andrighetto had some issues getting involved in the play from what I've seen. He had some nice rushes but most of the time kept his game in the periphery. I don't expect him to boom into a top 6 winger.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I see both Ghetto and Carr as good third line players able to move up when needed but certainly not full time top 6 guys. I'd like to see them both on a line with Eller to see how they perform at both ends of the rink. Unfortunately this will never happen and we will never know because well DD will get the nod over Eller. The line begins to look soft all of a sudden...

I've mentioned that in conversation and think it would be a fantastic forechecking line.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
MB - the master of signing 4th line wingers.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
LOL, since when is 4 years "almost 5 years".

Anyway, I like Ghetto - he already has some of the best finishing skills on the team. Hopefully he can break out this year.

His work along the board and passing is much underappreciated along by many including our genius of a coach.

When alex started on his goal scoring run, a lot of those plays were started by andrishetto

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No I don't. Andrighetto had some issues getting involved in the play from what I've seen. He had some nice rushes but most of the time kept his game in the periphery. I don't expect him to boom into a top 6 winger.

No we should be trying to develop him into a quality third line guy...
He does understand the game and can become a reliable defender with an ability to score.
How many times do scoring opportunities fall to 3rd and 4th liners with hands of stone!
I wish he was more robust but it is what it is. He is another role player let's hope we give him the proper role.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Glad it's only for 1 year.

His d is questionable and Carr is a better goal scorer.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No we should be trying to develop him into a quality third line guy...
He does understand the game and can become a reliable defender with an ability to score.
How many times do scoring opportunities fall to 3rd and 4th liners with hands of stone!
I wish he was more robust but it is what it is. He is another role player let's hope we give him the proper role.

In his case, I think I have no problem agreeing, but that's another one. How many prospects is our player development program forming into role players? Because aside from Scherbak & maybe Lehkonen, I'd say all of them. That puts the "waiting for prospects to boom" into perspective.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
In his case, I think I have no problem agreeing, but that's another one. How many prospects is our player development program forming into role players? Because aside from Scherbak & maybe Lehkonen, I'd say all of them. That puts the "waiting for prospects to boom" into perspective.

I think Hudon has the potential to become a 2nd line two way guy like Plekanec.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00