Post-Game Talk: Habs played better but lose to Mackinnon, Rantanen et al.

POTG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Boston isn’t healthy at all and they’re still ahead of us. Nobody is touching the top 3 in the Atlantic and I don’t see Pittsburgh staying out of a playoff spot all season. I guess one of the Metro teams could drop, but likely not as much as we will. Us making the playoffs is a mirage right now.

The Islanders are the low hanging fruit in the Met IMO. Pittsburgh played the type of game vs the Caps that I wanted out of us against Boston. One that can propel a team in the right direction. Given my stance since day 1 that we were always fighting the Met for that wildcard maybe we are propelled in the right direction? :sarcasm: No rose colored glasses here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Can you honestly say that?

All eyes are on Kotka and if he's not producing people are questioning him already. "I wonder if he'd be better off in the AHL", "he looks tired" comments are brought alive.
Atleast give him the top6 wingers for better chance to produce consistently.

You can leave Danault play the defensive minutes but Kotka the offensive. Armia was part of a quality shutdown line in Winnipeg with Lowry on the 3rd line.

I'm not talking about reactionary or emotional fans unfairly criticizing his production, it's more about what Kotka will impose on himself, naturally.
He's young, that doesn't mean he's an idiot who doesn't understand how top 6 players have a bigger burden to produce. It's just normal. You move him up to play with guys who are looked at the contribute in a much bigger way to our offense than Lek, he know that promotion comes with added pressure.

Reactions: Oryxo

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Boston isn’t healthy at all and they’re still ahead of us. Nobody is touching the top 3 in the Atlantic and I don’t see Pittsburgh staying out of a playoff spot all season. I guess one of the Metro teams could drop, but likely not as much as we will. Us making the playoffs is a mirage right now.

Aside from Pittsburgh, there aren't many teams that really scares me. Carolina, Florida and Ottawa could become wild cards at some point but they're still far away from a winning record

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I turned the game off with 8 minutes left knowing it was over with a 2-1 score. That’s how much I think of this sorry team.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Remember that Domi guy that used to play here?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Islanders are the low hanging fruit in the Met IMO. Pittsburgh played the type of game vs the Caps that I wanted out of us against Boston. One that can propel a team in the right direction. Given my stance since day 1 that we were always fighting the Met for that wildcard maybe we are propelled in the right direction? :sarcasm: No rose colored glasses here.

I disagree. I think the Atlantic is much stronger which will work in the Islanders favour. That and we can’t seem to get two points against anyone in our division not named Ottawa.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I disagree. I think the Atlantic is much stronger which will work in the Islanders favour. That and we can’t seem to get two points against anyone in our division not named Ottawa.

It will be interesting. We've seen how divisional imbalances affect the wildcard when we had to play the Rangers after finishing top dog. I was sure Florida were going to make a push but they can't seem to put anything together. Ottawa will never finish above us like the past two seasons where it was in their best interest not to. The upper teams collectively are stronger in the Atlantic but the rest is a wash I think.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not talking about reactionary or emotional fans unfairly criticizing his production, it's more about what Kotka will impose on himself, naturally.
He's young, that doesn't mean he's an idiot who doesn't understand how top 6 players have a bigger burden to produce. It's just normal. You move him up to play with guys who are looked at the contribute in a much bigger way to our offense than Lek, he know that promotion comes with added pressure.

He plays in Montreal, he's not getting away from attention/pressure.

Might as well support him. Laine played with skilled players in a offensive role in the top6 while Lowry/Armia were used as a shutdown line, went pretty well for Winnipeg.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He plays in Montreal, he's not getting away from attention/pressure.

Might as well support him. Laine played with skilled players in a offensive role in the top6 while Lowry/Armia were used as a shutdown line, went pretty well for Winnipeg.
So?..

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
As I said about a month ago, the cream is starting to rise to the top and pretty soon, like after this trip, we'll be out of a playoff spot and never be in one again this season.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I guess the coaching’s rule about playing the players that deserve to play don’t apply to Danault. He can be totally absent, be shit on the FO and yet he’s on the ice with 3 min left and a goal behind.

Danault has immunity. Annoys me so much.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It will be interesting. We've seen how divisional imbalances affect the wildcard when we had to play the Rangers after finishing top dog. I was sure Florida were going to make a push but they can't seem to put anything together. Ottawa will never finish above us like the past two seasons where it was in their best interest not to. The upper teams collectively are stronger in the Atlantic but the rest is a wash I think.

Us playing the Rangers that year just shows how ridiculous this playoff format is. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The 1-8 structure was good. The whole rivalry aspect they thought they would create turned out to be a joke.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I guess the coaching’s rule about playing the players that deserve to play don’t apply to Danault. He can be totally absent, be **** on the FO and yet he’s on the ice with 3 min left and a goal behind.

Danault has immunity. Annoys me so much.

Desharnais.... Danault..... its the same old story playing out again friends.....

I just can't seem to put my finger on what the common denominator is.... I think they both have a D in the name :badidea:

:sarcasm:

EDIT: THEY BOTH PLAY CENTER!!! THATS IT!!:snide:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Desharnais.... Danault..... its the same old story playing out again friends.....

I just can't seem to put my finger on what the common denominator is.... I think they both have a D in the name :badidea:

:sarcasm:

EDIT: THEY BOTH PLAY CENTER!!! THATS IT!!:snide:

I’ll take Danault all day every day over the midget, but you’re absolutely correct.

S’tun pure laine. We don’t bench those guys. Unless they’re on the fourth line.

Danault has morphed into Plekanec. Unfortunately it’s the “I played like a little girl” Plekanec.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Us playing the Rangers that year just shows how ridiculous this playoff format is. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The 1-8 structure was good. The whole rivalry aspect they thought they would create turned out to be a joke.

The create a rivalry gimmick is just that. I was fed up with it after year one. When we make the playoffs we are destined to play Boston anyways. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I’ll take Danault all day every day over the midget, but you’re absolutely correct.

Danault has morphed into Plekanec. Unfortunately it’s the “I played like a little girl” Plekanec.

Nowhere near as good as early Plek not even the little girl playoff version.

Reactions: McTusk and Oryxo

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As I said about a month ago, the cream is starting to rise to the top and pretty soon, like after this trip, we'll be out of a playoff spot and never be in one again this season.
It comes down to our young defensmen. If Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, and Kulak improve over the next two/three months, they'll provide a better anchor for our offence and for Price. If their progression is slower or non-existent, we'll keep sinking.

I've stopped guessing what this team will do, because I still don't know what they are. Expect the unexpected.

Reactions: Rapala

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

I dunno man, Prime DD was alot more offensively gifted the Danault.. but so many factors to consider (prime patches, and cole) vs what danualt has now..

anyways they both have major flaws in deployment, no question about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad