Post-Game Talk: Habs played better but lose to Mackinnon, Rantanen et al.

POTG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
After 2016 the team (along with most fans) wanted to move on from both DD and Eller. There was never any Eller vs DD pissing contest, I don't know why you are inventing one now. And DD played with a few other organizations after the Habs. He was a good NHL player and he earned his contract, and he got stale by the end which happens to everybody. He was not in a privileged situation, he was not handed anything because he was French - that's just a bunch of hate-infused anti-French paranoia.
MT coddled DD for years, and it was at the expense of Eller not being given PP time, and better linemates. At one point, DD was 45-50 games without a PP goal and was still first over the boards for PP's so yes, he was given the world over and over...when he left for other teams, he did nothing, when he was no longer coddled.............all Eller did was go on to score a Cup winning goal.

Don't get me wrong, DD was a little guy, who had some talent, but also received a ton of preferential treatment, as a Hab, by a moron of a coach.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
MT coddled DD for years, and it was at the expense of Eller not being given PP time, and better linemates. At one point, DD was 45-50 games without a PP goal and was still first over the boards for PP's so yes, he was given the world over and over...when he left for other teams, he did nothing, when he was no longer coddled.............all Eller did was go on to score a Cup winning goal.

Don't get me wrong, DD was a little guy, who had some talent, but also received a ton of preferential treatment, as a Hab, by a moron of a coach.

Quoted for truth.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Memories
bz1kixo.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Boom! QFT .

Reactions: BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We’re not gonna win when Danault gets over 17 minutes a game and has 2 ****ing goals
No other team would would put up with this
Yet In Montreal it’s acceptable to have him doing nothing and be rewarded

He's on track for 45-50 points this year.

Although I'm a supporter of his, he's really not been playing well. Way too many turnovers.

I'm in favor of switching Danault and KK, but if Julien doesn't trust KK yet defensively, so be it. It's only a matter of time before Danault is our 3c or even 4c (will depend on how good Poehling is and how soon.

But for now, the only alternative is KK. And if Julien doesn't want KK and Danault switched, can't fault Danault for that. It's on Julien.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hence the this where a 10 million goalie should make the difference. It's during these kind of nights where we need that extra save in crucial moments and not bumbling it for the tying goal. I mean, I like the guy but he can be so deflating. The team won't score 3-4 every night. He's paid to be a difference maker and our best player. He hasn't been in two seasons now.

He made a ton of big saves last night.

He made a bad play with the puck. It's going to happen when you handle it as much as he does.

And then the only other goal was goaltender interference. He's concentrating on make the first save, makes it, and then the guy bumps him off balance and puts the puck in. I have no idea how they allowed that.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He made a ton of big saves last night.

He made a bad play with the puck. It's going to happen when you handle it as much as he does.

And then the only other goal was goaltender interference. He's concentrating on make the first save, makes it, and then the guy bumps him off balance and puts the puck in. I have no idea how they allowed that.
Couldn't believe they counted that goal........
Price needs to get some inner Billy Smith going...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
We still lost despite shutting that top superstar line relatively well save for price ofc.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We still lost despite shutting that top superstar line relatively well save for price ofc.

It's telling that Julien said yesterday was a good game by us because we didn't give much to the top line, their second goal shouldn't have been allowed, and the first goal was a rare fluke.

My question does he know there's two sides to a hockey rink and you have to produce offensively to win??? I konw he's a defensive coach, c'mon, you have to be disappointed with the offensive end last night.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's telling that Julien said yesterday was a good game by us because we didn't give much to the top line, their second goal shouldn't have been allowed, and the first goal was a rare fluke.

My question does he know there's two sides to a hockey rink and you have to produce offensively to win??? I konw he's a defensive coach, c'mon, you have to be disappointed with the offensive end last night.
Seems like he was happy playing defensively on the road, cant blame him considering the Avs dont have much other than those big 3

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't see what's so untouchable about Petry and Tatar. If there is a sizeable return to be had in the summer, they shouldn't be deal breakers.
I agree but it’s a big IF. As said after them two it’s AHL time. What do you think they’d fetch to qualify it as a big return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->