Post-Game Talk: Habs play like Romaine lettuce and lose to Devils 2-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Where is the Obvious reasoning? His age 30+ stats are on par or better than his career stats. Do you consider a freak shot to his foot while he played hurt for 26 games evidence of decline? Or are you being sarcastic? :sarcasm:
Ok-
He is 33 now and has never been a fast skating puck mover. Injuries are starting to hit him as do many players who age. I hope he rebounds from them.

His contract will become an albatross around this team’s neck sooner rather than later. Yes, I believe he and Price are on the decline

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm personally not worried about Weber. No set backs yet and he is ahead of schedule. He's 33, not 38. I expect 4 or 5 more good seasons from him. He played on a fractured foot for most of the year last year and still had 16 pts in 26 games with 6 goals. I'll let you prorate that to a 82 game season. His age 30+ stats are on par or better than his career stats. He's not in decline. Lets talk about it when that comes, not before. Aren't you tired of talking about it? It's been 3 years now and still no evidence.

But yes, we lack quality. Weber, Petry, Juulsen are the only real top 4D guys we got and two of them are hurt at the moment. Then we got a cluster of 3 pairing depth guys.

I'm not counting on Weber coming back and saving our team. But he will provide stability, reliability, shut down ability, and some PP shot power. Once Weber and Juulsen are healthy, it's much better than Petry and a bunch of 3rd pairing depth.

His Montreal stats are a bit under and NOT better. His career average is about 50 points if you remove his first 3 seasons before he really broke out. He had 42 when he played a full season. His 16 in 26 averages to 50. In total, in Montreal, he's a bit under his average. Nothing alarming.

Reactions: Mrb1p

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nilan just said that the Habs have given up 228 shots in their last 6 games. How bad do the coaching staff really view MB's prized UFA Alzner if he can't crack this disaster of a defense while earning 4.5m sitting in the pressbox.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Nilan just said that the Habs have given up 228 shots in their last 6 games. How bad do the coaching staff really view MB's prized UFA Alzner if he can't crack this disaster of a defense while earning 4.5m sitting in the pressbox.
Perhaps Marc's voice and meddling has been silenced and Julien finally has security to scratch Alzy.

One consistent thing about Clod is bad defense drives him nuts and Alzy is the worst of them all.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Give Fleury at look with the big club. What's there to lose? Kulak too. Ouellet, Mete and Schlemko just aren't good enough.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

100%

Schlemko, Alzner, Benn and Mete have all been worse than they've shown as well. Not sure why.

Although Alzner it was obvious from his very first "picklegate" press conference that he was damaged goods.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Give Fleury at look with the big club. What's there to lose? Kulak too. Ouellet, Mete and Schlemko just aren't good enough.

Kulak should absolutely be playing in the NHL. He's just a marginal upgrade though and everyone but Mete out of our LHDs would have to go through waivers and Mete is the best of the bunch so Kulak is in a tough position right now. Not that it would mean much to lose Ouellet or Schlemko on waivers but if we call up Kulak and Laval gets no one to replace him it severely damages them.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Defense needs a complete overhaul, they are complete pylons in front of the net with zero awareness. Schlemko playing in the second PP unit says it all. Petry is a borderline top pair defenseman and plays inconsistently in defensive zone. I would get rid of all the scrubs besides Mete, Juulsen and maybe, just maybe Petry. Last nites games Devils made fools outta Petry, Ouellet and Schlemko on three different goals.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Paired with a puck mover like Markov or Josi, sure.

Paired with Schlemko, that only works in Belial's dreams.
Didnt he look like a heck of a good dman playing with an ahler in jerabek? He was also playing injured too. He played with emelin before that. Weber gets so much hate here its absurd, hes a fantastic dman. Not as good as Subban, but still a #1 dman until proven otherwise. Hes made all his partners look much better than they actually are on this team.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Didnt he look like a heck of a good dman playing with an ahler in jerabek? He was also playing injured too. He played with emelin before that. Weber gets so much hate here its absurd, hes a fantastic dman. Not as good as Subban, but still a #1 dman until proven otherwise. Hes made all his partners look much better than they actually are on this team.
He is a good Dman, he appears to be on the decline. Knee operations, foot operations won’t help him become faster. He is slowing...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Good #2. Useless in the 2nd round or deeper in the playoffs. Unreliable out West and has potential for gaffe laden games like his last one in Nashville against San Jose. Built his reputation with Suter, who has gone on to perform excellently to the point of overuse in Minnesota.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He is a good Dman, he appears to be on the decline. Knee operations, foot operations won’t help him become faster. He is slowing...
Which is why I said until proven otherwise. I'm not happy with the trade, but Weber is still a #1 dman imo

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Defense needs a complete overhaul, they are complete pylons in front of the net with zero awareness. Schlemko playing in the second PP unit says it all. Petry is a borderline top pair defenseman and plays inconsistently in defensive zone. I would get rid of all the scrubs besides Mete, Juulsen and maybe, just maybe Petry. Last nites games Devils made fools outta Petry, Ouellet and Schlemko on three different goals.

The defense needs a complete overhaul from the complete overhaul MB did to it before last season. MB before last season started "I think our defense will be better or at least on par with our defense from last season". Yeah right Marc.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad