LeBrun: Habs planning on being aggressive in free agency this year

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He’ll be 32 when the puck drops to start the season and is worthy of 60 pt money at best but more likely he will slide back to 50 if not mid 40s like he has been most of his career.

Whoever signs Kadri will regret it down the road, but he'll be a 60-80 pt center the next 2-3 years and during this time they'll be happy with him. He completely revamped his game and it shows - he was always ridiculously talented but wanted to be a one-man show and tried to make highlight reel plays. Now he's actually utilizing his teammates and picking better shot selections which has resulted in a career year.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Whoever signs Kadri will regret it down the road, but he'll be a 60-80 pt center the next 2-3 years and during this time they'll be happy with him. He completely revamped his game and it shows - he was always ridiculously talented but wanted to be a one-man show and tried to make highlight reel plays. Now he's actually utilizing his teammates and picking better shot selections which has resulted in a career year.
Most teams that can afford him won’t have the superstar supporting cast the Avs do, can’t see him cracking 50 points in Montreal. Good to hear at least he’s changed his game and not just trying harder in a contract year.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Most teams that can afford him won’t have the superstar supporting cast the Avs do, can’t see him cracking 50 points in Montreal. Good to hear at least he’s changed his game and not just trying harder in a contract year.

I agree to an extent, but he's scoring at 1.32 PPG and has 66 pts in 50 games. I can see him putting up 60-70 pts in Montreal with MSL's system, especially if they end up improving the team in the offseason. I doubt Montreal can be as bad as they are this year, even if they tried to be.

Reactions: malcb33

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I agree to an extent, but he's scoring at 1.32 PPG and has 66 pts in 50 games. I can see him putting up 60-70 pts in Montreal with MSL's system, especially if they end up improving the team in the offseason. I doubt Montreal can be as bad as they are this year, even if they tried to be.
Will have to take your word for it, we don’t know much about 70 pt players in these parts anymore, think we have had one in last dozen years or so

Reactions: Devonator

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hopefully the 8-4 shitkicking by the Jets has grounded the quick reset plans and we go back to Plan A of a proper rebuild

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Kadri grew up a Habs fan. Gaudreau's favourite player was MSL. No shortage of interesting names at this moment.
The thought that Gaudreau might sign for Montreal as MSL is from the area seems extremely far fetched.

What other examples do you have of this impacting players UFA decisions?

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad