LeBrun: Habs planning on being aggressive in free agency this year

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
yeah Gaudreau is going to leave a first place team to sign with the Habs. LOL
Fans are the only ones who care about the standings. Guys aren't leaving millions on the table to sign a hometown discount with a Canadian team. The Flames are good for the first year in Gaudreau's career, do you think that's going to entice him to stay for 8 years at a reduced rate? We've seen with American players in particular that they tend to chase the money.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I would throw up if I saw Kadri as a hab.
boooooookadri.0.jpeg

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
yeah Gaudreau is going to leave a first place team to sign with the Habs. LOL
I guess it must sucks losing a star in his prime via UFA. It will be Philly (hometown team) or Mtl (money) this summer. Would had already signed if he was staying in Calgary. An other reason why u guys went after Toffoli.

Reactions: Devonator

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Fans are the only ones who care about the standings. Guys aren't leaving millions on the table to sign a hometown discount with a Canadian team. The Flames are good for the first year in Gaudreau's career, do you think that's going to entice him to stay for 8 years at a reduced rate? We've seen with American players in particular that they tend to chase the money.

The Flames finished first in the west in ‘19. They have had a talented roster for 4 or 5 seasons. They just got derailed by bad coaching under Ward.

Reactions: 63 others

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You need cap space first. And no one seems to be falling all over themselves to obtain any of the many bad contracts on the Habs books.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Money is everything in life

yeah but taxes are higher in Quebec and the Flames can offer an 8th year and have like 30 million in cap space.

If he leaves it will be to the Rangers or Devils or Flyers. Or maybe a Florida or Colorado

I could maybe see the Rangers but the Flyers and Devils aren’t good enough rosters to make him leavening his prime.

Reactions: BHD

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There is a huge chunk on non playoff teams that want to make a big splash and get into the playoff picture right away. Prices may be brutal

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad