Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Pens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Saying they scratched Wideman for him because they're similar players like having more than one guy who can skate, pass and move the puck is bad.

Then the Pp1 comment.

He's just an idiot.
They cut that from what I've watched eh. I understand.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hoping Habs get a new sponsor for their helmets soon, seems more fitting. Just need to replace the ball with a puck:crossfing

66-1-l.jpg

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
habs coach's this century (and especially during MB's reign) have all looked at the same 2 stats for defencemen: blocked shots and give aways

they see high give aways from puck movers and say "no thanks" and see huge numbers of block shots from stay at home pylons and think "ya baby!" but they never look at the whole picture to see that the guy with the larger number of give aways is because he ALWAYS has the puck and is trying to create and so not ever play will connect (especially with stone handed forwards, but that's another story)

and the shot blockers are again just pylons getting hemmed in their own zone and being peppered with shots before something finally goes in.

if we wanted to really try and create offence we could go

kulak - petry
romanov - wideman
norlinder - niku

i know i know, "they'll get murdered in their own zone!" ya well, we already give up 5 goals a game. might be more fun to lose 7-5 than 5-1

Reactions: habsfan891

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Ah yes because Wideman was so good on the first powerplay that he is scratched!
Ducharme is such a bad coach my god.
My God ! you just over-react once again. Ducharme just said that he will play PP but probably not on the PP1 .

We all know that Norlinder can do a lot on the PP. It's a first game for him in the NHL and of course, Ducharme wants to see him in that specific situation. But he doesn't want to put pressure on his shoulders and that's why he talked about the second PP unit. If he does well, he will give him the opportunity to play on the first unit.

Man, take a breath here and there

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
no way that happens, if your coach thinks it's a good idea to drop Caufield from the 1st line to the 3rd line, then there's no hope.

and i get accused of being overly cynical :naughty:

kidding aside, i certainly agree. Until we get a full scale change in organization philosophy from the top down, this kind of stupidity will persist ad nauseum

Reactions: montreal

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
My God ! you just over-react once again. Ducharme just said that he will play PP but probably not on the PP1 .

We all know that Norlinder can do a lot on the PP. It's a first game for him in the NHL and of course, Ducharme wants to see him in that specific situation. But he doesn't want to put pressure on his shoulders and that's why he talked about the second PP unit. If he does well, he will give him the opportunity to play on the first unit.

Man, take a breath here and there
When you’re already acknowledging that you don’t think he can handle PP1 duties..you’re already putting pressure on him.

How about empowering the player by showing him you believe in him?

Reinforcing that you’re putting him in positions that he was brought over for?

Like I don’t get this line of thinking…you wrote that “we all know Norlinder can do a lot on the PP”…

SO PLAY HIM ON THE POWER PLAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad