Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Pens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
That’s when you know the coach isn’t trying to win by all costs, he’s trying to win HIS way.
Wideman the easiest one for him to take out which he shouldn't but thinking he will even if he doesn't deserve to come out. Petry is the one who needs to come out but that will never happen.

Reactions: angusyoung and 417

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
The Habs are 3-2 in games Niku has played, I know 2 of those games were against Detroit but he at least showed he can make a breakout pass unlike the rest of our D this year.

The only logical reason I can think of is they might look to trade Kulak once Edmundson is back.
They could trade Niku or Wideman- Niku plays a pretty high risk game which is great when you have forwards that can execute it at this point they don't. Suzuki is the invisible man shows up for certain games and invisible on others. I think they are going to try to make a minor trade just to pacify the fan base nothing major but I could see one of those guys being traded. Probably will move some D,

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
God forbid you have more than 2 Dmen capable of beating a forecheck by skating the puck out…

Can’t have too many Dmen who can’t pick a puck off the wall or hit a forward with a pass.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
God forbid you have more than 2 Dmen capable of beating a forecheck by skating the puck out…

Can’t have too many Dmen who can’t pick a puck off the wall or hit a forward with a pass.
Well what are we going to do, make actual impactful plays and passes with the puck? Then who's going to just brainlessly fire it off the glass every time they touch the puck?

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Oh well, I guess I'll watch for Norlinder. Don't think Wideman should be the one benched though. He's actually been decent.

I've only watched here and there.

From the little I've seen, I like the way he moves the puck on the pp. We don't have anyone close to that. But he makes bad decisions with the puck and has trouble handling big forwards defensivly.

I'd keep him the lineup: at forward 5on5 and as the QB on the first unit of the PP.
We only have 4 forwards on this team scoring at a 40 points pace. Wideman is 1 point shy of that pace, as a dman. I'd keep him in in the Streit (1st time with us) role.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I've only watched here and there.

From the little I've seen, I like the way he moves the puck on the pp. We don't have anyone close to that. But he makes bad decisions with the puck and has trouble handling big forwards defensivly.

I'd keep him the lineup: at forward 5on5 and as the QB on the first unit of the PP.
We only have 4 forwards on this team scoring at a 40 points pace. Wideman is 1 point shy of that pace, as a dman. I'd keep him in in the Streit (1st time with us) role.
Wideman playing decent taking him out, when its basically undeserved, has to screw with a guys head but anything to "act" like they are tweaking things. Wideman, even with some slip has played better D and at least has some fire to win. - you know they are looking for the golden egg so Wideman again will take the hit and Petry will stay in bad attitude and all.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If only Kulak could pass the puck like Niku we'd actually have something. What a shame.
Niku can't play D. Kulak isn't much better but he is better. Kulak has shown he can play in the NHL and Niku can't Crack the worst D in the league.

Reactions: Rapala

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Wideman also played in the Pens system and knows these guys but take out the guy with the lowest 1 way contract, Team can't even buy goals but they take out the one who has generated offense and scored. Hard to wrap your head around it but coaches know best right?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If only Kulak could pass the puck like Niku we'd actually have something. What a shame.

It's like our forwards: Drouin has speed and can pass, but is weak on the puck. Anderson has speed, size, and can shoot, but can't pass. Armia can protect the puck and has size, but lacks speed and hockey sense. etc.. etc...

If only we had a couple complete players to replace this ton of incomplete, seriously flawed lot of players.

Reactions: Rapala

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
It's like our forwards: Drouin has speed and can pass, but is weak on the puck. Anderson has speed, size, and can shoot, but can't pass. Armia can protect the puck and has size, but lacks speed and hockey sense. etc.. etc...

If only we had a couple complete players to replace this ton of incomplete, seriously flawed lot of players.
Or a coach who knew how to get the most out of his material...

Reactions: 26Mats

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Niku can't play D. Kulak isn't much better but he is better. Kulak has shown he can play in the NHL and Niku can't Crack the worst D in the league.
Kulak would be much better if he spent less time in his own zone like any D. The fact that he can't execute a breakout pass is astonishing at this level. He has the mobility to create time and space but he either doesn't see the ice or is unable execute properly when he does. It's not like he's Chiarot or Eddy with their backs to the play and pressed for time.

Jul 6, 2016
Norlinder will play tomorrow vs Pittsburg.

Norlinder-Savard
Chiarot-Petry
Romanov-Kulak

I would had liked Petry to sit a couple and try Niku on the right side of Chiarot.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Wideman has not only been playing well, but the bigger issue is Romanov has been playing his best hockey this year since being paired with him. Putting Norlinder with Savard makes sense to me, but breaking up Romanov's pair once he's finally found his game just makes no sense.

The guy that should be out is Petry. He is totally lost and possibly injured since the beginning of the season, waiting for Edmundson to come back.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The guy that should be out is Petry. He is totally lost and possibly injured since the beginning of the season, waiting for Edmundson to come back.

On top of looking awful, he's logging the highest ice time of his career which makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad