Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Pens Jan 27 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Habs will win and we will enter no mans land in the standings.

b6c.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lines I would roll:

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
RHP Monahan Anderson
Pearson Evans Ylonen
Pez Condotta Armia

Matheson Guhle
Struble Savard
Harris Kovacevic

We have to reunite RHP and Anderson.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I like how Marty scratches Xhekaj because of his awful penalties last game and replaces him with Harris who also takes awful penalties.
And the reason might be that he sees an important player in Xhekaj and is trying to get him to work hard and smart.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yep Xhekaj out...I know he needs time but why the hell did you call him up? He was in a groove in Laval.

It made no sense at all. Why bring him up only to bench him so soon ? Sounds like consequences for his penalties, but it feels like he has a lot less room for mistakes than other players. He's a honey badger, you can't tame a guy like him. You have to let him loose or lose him to another team.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yep Xhekaj out...I know he needs time but why the hell did you call him up? He was in a groove in Laval.

Maybe Marty didnt like that he was doing so well under Houle :laugh::laugh:

''What the f*** are they doing down there, they need to play the same way we play up-here, bring me back that Sheriff Kent.... i'll show him who the f*** where the big pants in this organisation''

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It made no sense at all. Why bring him up only to bench him so soon ? Sounds like consequences for his penalties, but it feels like he has a lot less room for mistakes than other players. He's a honey badger, you can't tame a guy like him. You have to let him loose or lose him to another team.
Xhekaj is going to bide his time and when the time comes, he’ll ask to be traded — that’s where we’re headed with all the jerking around, public admonitions and petty punishment tactics that MSL is implementing.

I thought MSL was all about development and raising the confidence level of young players as they learn how to win. This is not cutting it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You just know they told him not to do anything to the Sens. MSL's treatment is very unfavorable to younger guys. Gallagher and Anderson take stupid penalties yet suffer no consequences and are out there on the 2nd unit PP for a minute. Pezz takes a penalty and he's benched for the rest of the game, Xhekaj takes penalties and he's scratched, Roy's last game was a struggle defensively so he had to sit on the bench to watch Anderson on the 6 on 5...etc

Reactions: Andrei79

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Xhekaj is going to bide his time and when the time comes, he’ll ask to be traded — that’s where we’re headed with all the jerking around, public admonitions and petty punishment tactics that MSL is implementing.

I thought MSL was all about development and raising the confidence level of young players as they learn how to win. This is not cutting it.
Can we all agree that it is long overdue to end this ridiculous clown show and fire the entire coaching stuff? But of course Hughes wouldn't admit his mistake and ride this shit show into the sunset. which, by my count has anouther 7 years or so. Good times.

Reactions: Tyson

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
You just know they told him not to do anything to the Sens. MSL's treatment is very unfavorable to younger guys. Gallagher and Anderson take stupid penalties yet suffer no consequences and are out there on the 2nd unit PP for a minute. Pezz takes a penalty and he's benched for the rest of the game, Xhekaj takes penalties and he's scratched, Roy's last game was a struggle defensively so he had to sit on the bench to watch Anderson on the 6 on 5...etc
Yep. THere pretty much goes the "he is good for development" narrative.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can we all agree that it is long overdue to end this ridiculous clown show and fire the entire coaching stuff? But of course Hughes wouldn't admit his mistake and ride this shit show into the sunset. which, by my count has anouther 7 years or so. Good times.
Cracks in MSL’s plastic armour have been showing.

His stock in trade is supposedly knowing how to bring along young players since he’s no expert tactician and doesn’t respond to changing game situations in real time.

If he chooses to take pages out of Therrien’s playbook in his arcane ways of dealing with players, then he shouldn’t be surprised that he’ll get the same treatment that Therrien received and have an ever more vocal fan base on his back.

Hughes doesn’t have to do anything, MSL will do it to himself if he keeps this up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is why this organization is caught in a circle of mediocrity. They just can't seem to find the right managers.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is why this organization is caught in a circle of mediocrity. They just can't seem to find the right managers.
He was sent to the AHL for not playing disciplined hockey. He played great in the AHL. They call him back up. He immediately takes three dumb penalties.

Of course they’re going to bench him.

It’d be one thing if he made a defensive mistake and they had him riding the pine. Mistakes will happen. But those three penalties were completely unnecessary unforced errors. What did you think was going to happen?

And btw, we’re not talking about the next Chris Chelios. I love the guy and what he brings but if we did actually trade hj. I’d be fine with it. RB, Struble, Mailloux, Ghule… it’s gonna be a big strong back end with or without him.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He was sent to the AHL for not playing disciplined hockey. He played great in the AHL. They call him back up. He immediately takes three dumb penalties.

Of course they’re going to bench him.

It’d be one thing if he made a defensive mistake and they had him riding the pine. Mistakes will happen. But those three penalties were completely unnecessary unforced errors. What did you think was going to happen?

And btw, we’re not talking about the next Chris Chelios. I love the guy and what he brings but if we did actually trade hj. I’d be fine with it. RB, Struble, Mailloux, Ghule… it’s gonna be a big strong back end with or without him.
You and I are in agreement almost always. You are not wrong but my opinion is that this coach is neglecting his primary responsibilities during this rebuild to let the young players play and develop.
Why is Ylonen so poorly used?
Xhekaj deserves accountability for his unnecessary penalties...yes. The optics don't look good when it comes to MSL and his tactics with certain young players. I am not sold on MSL. After 2 years imo we are seeing a not so good head coach.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You and I are in agreement almost always. You are not wrong but my opinion is that this coach is neglecting his primary responsibilities during this rebuild to let the young players play and develop.
Have you seen the latest interview with Dach? I encourage you to read it. He’d disagree with you on this.
Why is Ylonen so poorly used?
My guess is that we don’t see him as part of our future.
Xhekaj deserves accountability for his unnecessary penalties...yes. The optics don't look good when it comes to MSL and his tactics with certain young players. I am not sold on MSL. After 2 years imo we are seeing a not so good head coach.
I think Ylonen is a fair point. I don’t get that either.

But by and large, MSL has done a pretty good job developing our guys. I know people love Wifi and are upset with his handling but he’s not doing himself any favours.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Have you seen the latest interview with Dach? I encourage you to read it. He’d disagree with you on this.

My guess is that we don’t see him as part of our future.

I think Ylonen is a fair point. I don’t get that either.

But by and large, MSL has done a pretty good job developing our guys. I know people love Wifi and are upset with his handling but he’s not doing himself any favours.
Xhekaj needs to learn for sure and of course I am simply an armchair fan with no real knowledge of what's really going on.
Based on watching 90% of the games, watching most press conferences I am simply done with MSL. The days of true good coaches don't seem to exist with this organization anymore.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't watch Thursday's game so I missed the xhekaj penalties, but in general, I feel like arber already has a reputation with the officials. Some of the calls that have gone against him, I think to myself "really"?

Some of this indiscipline might just take care of itself as he gains senority and a certain standing in the league, or it may never get better.

I hate talking this way, but the world of officiating isn't exactly a non biased operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad