Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Pens Jan 27 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Yep Xhekaj out...I know he needs time but why the hell did you call him up? He was in a groove in Laval.
Because he was playing a certain way in the AHL that was more disciplined and had accomplished what the team asked of him. It made sense to call him up.

Problem is he instantly went back to his discipline issues in the NHL. The message the coach sent and the little time in the pressbox is a 2nd and 3rd way that the staff uses to get their message across. It seems like he understands. He needs to adapt now.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Last game before the Bahamas

$20 tix from '98

SmartSelect_20240127-122129_Gallery.jpg

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Because he was playing a certain way in the AHL that was more disciplined and had accomplished what the team asked of him. It made sense to call him up.

Problem is he instantly went back to his discipline issues in the NHL. The message the coach sent and the little time in the pressbox is a 2nd and 3rd way that the staff uses to get their message across. It seems like he understands. He needs to adapt now.

I think the bolded is grossly exagerated, yes he needs to work on it, but calling him out in the media and having him scratch for games wont help him at all, only confusing him more.

Arber is a Bull, reminds me a bit of Chris Nilan you have to live with the good and the bad, and believe me Nilan brought alot more good than bad

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think the bolded is grossly exagerated, yes he needs to work on it, but calling him out in the media and having him scratch for games wont help him at all, only confusing him more.

Arber is a Bull, reminds me a bit of Chris Nilan you have to live with the good and the bad, and believe me Nilan brought alot more good than bad
As opposed to someone like Barron or Matheson that is in the bad? Seem to be more than willing to live with that.

Reactions: teamfirst and Tyson

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I do think Xhekaj is overrated in here. That being said, Jordan Harris has no business being in the lineup in his place.
Just send Xhekaj back to Laval where he will get big minutes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MSL is starting to do some weird crap......................Ylonen for Gally is an easy yes, and will benefit the group......................
As for The Sherriff? Geez not sure what to think here, I want him in the lineup, and by telling him he can't play his game, and essentially neutering him.....................WTF?

Allen? Just a joke now................go with the two kids man.

Could be worse I guess, we could be the LA Queens, and have coach Todd in control....2 wins in the last 15................

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yep Xhekaj out...I know he needs time but why the hell did you call him up? He was in a groove in Laval.
Or they also called him as a reward for doing well and then getting nhl salary during the all star break

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Slafkovsky - Monahan- Armia
Pearson - Evans - Harvey-Pinard
Pezzetta - Condotta - Ylonen

Matheson - Guhle
Struble - Savard
Harris - Kovacevic

Allen

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Or they also called him as a reward for doing well and then getting nhl salary during the all star break
I was under the impression they were paid by the number of gsmes they were up for, rather than weekly/bi-weekly. I may be wrong but I don't think they get paid at all during the break.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean Xhekaj was brutal last game, but I still would have given him another chance.
Yeah but he made himself look weak by excusing himself out in the open. :sarcasm:

He excused himself for what exactly — being a young player prone to mistakes? What will he do on his next mistake? Excuse himself again? What an odd turn of events.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah but he made himself look weak by excusing himself out in the open. :sarcasm:

He excused himself for what exactly — being a young player prone to mistakes? What will he do on his next mistake? Excuse himself again? What an odd turn of events.
This is what happens when management tries to neuter a young player. This will not end well for the Habs.

I hope the Habs get their asses handed to them like they did against Boston.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope we get physically dominated and harris lays another egg. Arbs - yeah he made a couple bad plays and penalties, whatever... but the other dopes won't get sat no matter what lol. Struble has been AWFUL the last few games

Reactions: Habs13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad