Post-Game Talk: Habs or Lightning. Who you picking to Win the Stanley Cup ?

Habs or Lightning. Who you picking to Win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Habs

• Lightning

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Talk about a sore winner.

Montreal Typical Nikita

lol I don't even know what they did but have to realize that there's basically just one sport here and for the "nostalgics", the Canadiens "pride" is very very important to them so that's the kind of emotional engagement they have. And even if it's young people involved and they haven't seen any Cup win, that "pride" has been transferred from elders and medias

Hockey is fun for me again. That was a stressful two months.

It seems like a lot of people don't care that much or even "cheered" for the Habs but even though I was happy for Habs fans friends and even my stepdad and stepbrother, I still selfishly want to see the Sens do better than the Leafs/Habs every single season. Seeing a rival go far in the playoffs hurts because "it could be us, it should have been us"

And let's be real, the infamous "25th" Cup in such a miracle fashion, we'd never hear the end of it. Habs fans don't care if most of the Cups were pretty easy to win in comparison to what it is today... Guillaume Latendresse said last night on TVA as there was Bolts fans next to them "bragging" about their 3rd Cup : "hey they seem to forget we have 24 Cups" with that "we're still the best forever" smirky smile...

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021
Kuch is a god. Good on him for calling out the most obnoxious, toxic and racist fans in the league

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kuch is a god. Good on him for calling out the most obnoxious, toxic and racist fans in the league

Yeah that part of their fanbase give the whole fanbase/city a bad rep, it really doesn't represent all the quality people here. Sucks but let's also note that they have a very big fanbase so that "bad portion" is amplified.

I know a lot of people (Habs fans or even non-followers or very light) who are absolutely embarassed by that "portion" of Habs fans

Reactions: STUDtzle

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The loud mouth minority never represents the entire group. We should know that by now just by being in here! ;)

Great run by these guys, is what it is, I love beating them, but gotta give credit to their epic run. We know what that feels like :)

More importantly, the Jets and Leafs are now the only two Canadian teams to have not made the finals in ‘recent’ years. Not actually a bad run for Canadian teams, and Edmonton and the Nucks both could have easily won their series’.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F

Did Kucherov call out Bruins fans???

Guy was a sore winner, take the cup and shut up. He could have showed a little class like Weber. Who is a stud. Weber didn't let Price fall on the sword for the loss. I am not a huge Canadiens fan, but that was all class by Weber.

Meanwhile Kucherov sat on the sidelines so Tampa could circumvent the cap. Guy is a prima donna.

Reactions: SENStastic

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021

Guy was a sore winner, take the cup and shut up. He could have showed a little class like Weber. Who is a stud. Weber didn't let Price fall on the sword for the loss. I am not a huge Canadiens fan, but that was all class by Weber.

Meanwhile Kucherov sat on the sidelines so Tampa could circumvent the cap. Guy is a prima donna.

Guy just won back to back cups. Lol. He can say wtvr he wants and honestly, Habs fans are the worst.

Remember when fans went in blackface when Subban was there? How they called the cops on Chara? How they burn down their town? Or how they refuse to hire non pure laine quebecois to run the team? Great guys

Reactions: SensHulk

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Guy just won back to back cups. Lol. He can say wtvr he wants and honestly, Habs fans are the worst.

Remember when fans went in blackface when Subban was there? How they called the cops on Chara? How they burn down their town? Or how they refuse to hire non pure laine quebecois to run the team? Great guys

Don't forget the Montreal Richard Riot:

Richard Riot - Wikipedia

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I personally think that it’s pretty crazy that teams can circumvent the cap during the playoffs. That seems inherently unfair.

I really hope the league closes that loophole, obviously they will give it time for the win to digest, but it’s a bit of a dirty win, and really given the times as well an asterisk on both wins.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I know it's a big narrative but I still don't see how the Lightning manipulated the Cap. First, both Nilsson and Gaborik contracts have been LTIRed for a while, back to when they were Ottawa's. These 2 don't count as "going over the cap". They were not purposedly put on LTIR

Now, if anyone can prove that Kucherov was not legitiniatly injured or could have come back much earlier, then there is a point. If not, then there's simply none. I don't think Kucherov looked 100% during these playoffs

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I personally think that it’s pretty crazy that teams can circumvent the cap during the playoffs. That seems inherently unfair.

I really hope the league closes that loophole, obviously they will give it time for the win to digest, but it’s a bit of a dirty win, and really given the times as well an asterisk on both wins.
Then give an asterisks to a bunch of other teams as well, including the 2015 Blackhawks. A lot of teams this year were over the cap as well.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Then give an asterisks to a bunch of other teams as well, including the 2015 Blackhawks. A lot of teams this year were over the cap as well.

Totally fine with me. That seems inherently unfair in terms of a competitive advantage when the cap matters most. :)

Just seems really weird.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The Leafs were over the cap and they got dusted in the first round yet again.

Both Tampa Cup wins are legit.

EDIT: More generally on the Cap - it's right to not enforce it in the playoffs. It's a tool to link salary expenditure to revenues - since players are not being paid a salary in the post-season there really isn't any grounds for continuing its implementation during that time.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Agree... He was celebrating.. Says Montreal fans are crazy to celebrate the 4th game W putting the series at 3-1 like they actually won something ... It was a nice moment but have to agree with that too.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No issue with the comments. I agree with the sentiment that players are normally a f***ing bore to listen to every time because they purposely stick to clichés and quite often they barely even relate to the questions asked. I'll take the answers with personality even if they offend some.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Agree... He was celebrating.. Says Montreal fans are crazy to celebrate the 4th game W putting the series at 3-1 like they actually won something ... It was a nice moment but have to agree with that too.

You'd think Kucherov would appreciate fans celebrating not getting swept... I guess he's already forgotten about that series against Clb 2 years ago...

Seriously though, I have no issues with what he said, it's kinda funny.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

lmfao

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Is there anything in hockey more asinine than discussing the relative “classiness” of various players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad