Post-Game Talk: Habs or Lightning. Who you picking to Win the Stanley Cup ?

Habs or Lightning. Who you picking to Win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Habs

• Lightning

Results are only viewable after voting.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
This is it.

Monday night.....

:habs +/- :bolts = :sc09:

195597057_791106831770032_5120783193447349825_n.jpg

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Bolts in 5.

I dont think it will be all that close. Tampa is too good from top to bottom and aren't a one line team like Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Normally I do not like seeing repeat champions but I do like Tampa and obviously prefer them to the Habs.
I'll say Tampa in 6

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think the Bolts will take it...but the obnoxious fans on the main board make it very hard to cheer for them.

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
Bolts in 5.

I dont think it will be all that close. Tampa is too good from top to bottom and aren't a one line team like Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas.

It's amazing how many people discredit other teams hard work. Nobody said Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas were one line teams before the playoffs started. Toronto has two solid lines, Winnipeg was hailed for their offensive core and Vegas was penciled in as a SCF team at the start of the season. Montreal played shutdown hockey and that's why they are in the SCF.

You're right that Tampa is good from top to bottom, being several millions over the cap does that. If the Islanders can take Tampa to 7 games I think Montreal can make a series of it.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Habs have faired pretty well at shutting down hot offense and PP. So I think they will be better than people expect. Plus, they are so hot right now -- I'm not counting them out. I would like Tampa in 6 or 7. But I can totally see Habs frustrating Tampa's offense and Price has been very solid and very calm and poised in net.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Tampa in 6.

I think that Montreal can steal a couple games seeing as they can shut down the powerplay and clog up the neutral zone making it hard on run and gun teams like Tampa.

Nevertheless, Tampa is too big and too fast for Montreal's defensive core, and I think that'll be the nail in the coffin. Realistically, even Vegas should have whiped them out, but Vegas vs Colorado was pretty much a stanley cup final series, and Vegas was clearly exhausted going up against the habs.

I can already hear the whiny excuses from their knuckle dragging fans... "the refs are against us"... "Bettman doesn't want the cup in Canada"... "It's not fair that Tampa is over the cap"..

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I pick Tampa. Should be interesting series since Montreal has been on streak beating heavy odds against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad