Speculation: Habs or Jets. Who you picking to Win?

Habs or Jets! Who you picking to Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hockey Gods smiling on Montreal taking out #1 Centers in the first game of both series. And Price just completely out matching any goalie in front of him.

Price is so good it’s almost like watching Federer in his prime where he was just so dominant his opponents lost it mentally before they lost it physically. Federer just had every answer the opponents lost hope in a way. Price is doing that. Price is psyching out the goalies he faces and they are showing their nerves. The forwards he is facing are completly intimidated. His a title fighter. He’s the king. He’s the best in the NHL.

Ron Fournier, is that you? Heard him on the radio the other day, it was painful. Now that the Habs beat the Leafs, the chauvinism is back at full force. Everything Habs is just better than everyone else. Their goalie, their young players, their arena, their city, their history, their GM, their fans, their depth, etc, etc, etc.... even their mascot Youpi (JiC Lajoie mocking the Jets mascot yesterday). I don't remember if it was him who also said in the last few weeks that Youpi was far and away the best mascot in the NHL.

Regarding Price, since his big season in 2014-15 :

2015-16 : injured, only 12 starts
2016-17 : 3rd for Vezina
2017-18 : 0.900 SV%, no Vezina votes
2018-19 : 7th for Vezina
2019-20 : 0.909 SV%, no Vezina votes
2020-21 : 0.901 SV%, most likely no Vezina votes

Yes he can be dominant like he is actually but I'll never understand the "he’s the best in the NHL" narrative. Yes he is among the great goalies that can be the best during some stretches but he's not and hasn't been clearly the best like Hasek was for example.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
7 hours to g0

i-told-her-i-was-a-montreal-canadiens-fan-she-said-we-should-both-see-other-men.jpg

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
I was pretty turned off by the Schiefele hit and the way the Jets have responded to it, so I think it's poetic justice that they will throw away their season on it and Habs move on before Schiefele returns.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Well at least they bounced the lafs out in spectacular fashion, I'll take that. Doubt they get past the next round.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Montreal is riding a huge wave of momentum, and the team is playing the best hockey of their season. In all honesty, sweeping Winnipeg will be the worst possible outcome for Montreal (except for losing the series, obviously). All the time off waiting for the other series to finish is a huge momentum killer.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well at least they bounced the lafs out in spectacular fashion, I'll take that. Doubt they get past the next round.

Making it to the third round is huge for Montreal and will more than satisfy their fans. No sure anyone really cares if they get pummeled by Colorado or Vegas.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montreal is riding a huge wave of momentum, and the team is playing the best hockey of their season. In all honesty, sweeping Winnipeg will be the worst possible outcome for Montreal (except for losing the series, obviously). All the time off waiting for the other series to finish is a huge momentum killer.

I think ultimately if the Jets go down, this is why.

Four game sweeps are nice and all, but all that time sitting waiting for the next series derails a lot of teams.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Again, same thing was said before the Jets. And the final four is already quite the accomplishment, at least on paper. Doubt there will be an asterix next to this season

I would have taken a Habs loss in round 1 and Leafs loss in round 2 over this by far. Both teams would have stayed irrelevant that way. Jets might still had their momentum and maybe Schefeile doesn't mess up and plays every game. Jets are really not the same team without him.

Montreal TV/Radio coverage is fun/fascinating to listen when they lose or at least stay average, but it becomes unbearable when they win (extremely bipolar). I don't think the degree of homerism is matched by anything else. They have a pure blood like Makar not playing and they have basically Erik Karlsson coming up in Mattias Norlinder. Their Jersey is the best (even though it's probably one of the ugliest in reality). Even Youpi is the greatest mascot in the universe.

Not sure if it was Rantanen (it was a player of that caliber) but last year (so before Price got hot these playoffs), someone was suggesting trading Carey Price for Mikko Rantanen... I mean lol, it's like us suggesting that we could get Rantanen for Matt Murray, who is 7 years younger, costs 4.25 less per year and has 2 rings. It was not a delusional fan saying that, it was a media that is heard every freaking day by a lot of people.

I received a text from 2 hockey friends yesterday, inviting me to go celebrate the Habs downtown. I was like, man it appears we haven't played in a while, I'm not Habs fan, don't you remember? He was like "yeah but it's worth it to become a Habs fan right now"... I said I tried before but never could, it's like going to a concert with music you just don't like. I told them I wouldn't pout but also wouldn't celebrate so it's better to stay within Habs fans to maximize their trip. I went downtown last wednesday, but with a friend who doesn't care about hockey so our evening wasn't about the Habs. Imagine as a Sens fan going in the middle of Leafs fans watching the game on a big outside screen.

As we discussed earlier, I guess it must be somewhat similar for people in Ontario when they are trying to shove the Leafs down your throat at all times, even during games that has nothing to do with them. That's why I have to avoid listening to MTL media coverage as it becomes too annoying.

And for the record, if Ottawa in a similar position would suddenly be the best team, with the greatest history in the early 1900's, the best jersey, the best arena, the best mascot, the best owner (lol), the best everything, then I'd be annoyed too, even as a long time fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Suzuki is such a gamer. I remember seeing him in person in the OHL playoffs when he and the Storm took down the juggernaut 67s (granted after the 67s starter got hurt). The guy is not afraid of the moment and super gritty. Habs have a gem there.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Making it to the third round is huge for Montreal and will more than satisfy their fans. No sure anyone really cares if they get pummeled by Colorado or Vegas.

Im happy for the Habs but their fanbase (including my close friends) dont deserve it.

They all gave up during regular season, then they gave up at 3-1, they trashed Price all season and now Jesus Price is back. I hate this fanbase but kinda like the team, weird spot.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
This is exactly why I wanted the Leafs to take round 1. They were expected to win at least the first couple of rounds if not make it all the way to the SCF. Anything short of making the finals was going to be upsetting for their fans.

On the flip side, the Habs making it to round 2 or even beyond is already a success and only emboldens their annoying fans even more. Now they are on the verge of eliminating the Jets and moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad