Speculation: Habs or Jets. Who you picking to Win?

Habs or Jets! Who you picking to Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't think so. We don't survive the Leafs series with our goaltending.

Our goaltending? Have you seen it once we had an NHL defense?

I could get you the numbers but it's late (quickly, after April 12th : Murray 0.954, Gustavsson 0.923)

I mean, the "kings of the north" had a 24-21-11 record and a -9 differential

I'd like to know, is it the worst record ever for a team entering the playoffs?

Looking at the standings, the main reason they made the playoffs is because they lost significantly more OT games than Calgary (11 vs 3). Sens also had less with 5 OTL. We finished 8 pts behind. We don't start as bad as 2-12-1 and we make the playoffs easily.

I understand your point and it's true that Carey Price totally stole that series but the Habs were dead in games #2-3-4. Maybe the Sens wouldn't have needed their goalie as much.

Given both teams' prospects and picks, I think Sens and Habs will be serious contenders in a couple of years.

Don't think so...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That’s a little overboard. Yeah they lack killer instinct, but they were basically a bounce away from putting the Habs away in 5.

If this year was a one-off, yeah.

But this Leafs core has proven time and time again that they have no extra gear. Had we made the playoffs and gotten matched up against the Leafs, I would have been very confident.

Remember, this core has failed every single time anything was on the line.

And I did say "probably".

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Happy for the Habs - but that’s boring hockey. The entire series vs Winnipeg was a snore fest. I watch, and I’m not impressed or entertained with what I see

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Was a big Kyle Connor fan before the playoffs - he plays a perimeter game. 2 assists last night but there were opportunities for him to go inside and point his skates towards the net and he was shooting from the outside all game - downgrading my fandom of him.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Happy for the Habs - but that’s boring hockey. The entire series vs Winnipeg was a snore fest. I watch, and I’m not impressed or entertained with what I see

Both Montreal series have been super boring. It's really effective but not fun to watch unless you are a Habs fan. I watch when there's no other game but I'm not really invested.

Reactions: STUDtzle

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021

If the Habs win the next series I want the NHL investigated for fraud lol

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021
Our goaltending? Have you seen it once we had an NHL defense?

I could get you the numbers but it's late (quickly, after April 12th : Murray 0.954, Gustavsson 0.923)

I mean, the "kings of the north" had a 24-21-11 record and a -9 differential

I'd like to know, is it the worst record ever for a team entering the playoffs?

Looking at the standings, the main reason they made the playoffs is because they lost significantly more OT games than Calgary (11 vs 3). Sens also had less with 5 OTL. We finished 8 pts behind. We don't start as bad as 2-12-1 and we make the playoffs easily.

I understand your point and it's true that Carey Price totally stole that series but the Habs were dead in games #2-3-4. Maybe the Sens wouldn't have needed their goalie as much.

Don't think so...

I'm not just saying this because I despise the Habs (and their obnoxious low IQ fanbase) but they have to be the worst team in NHL history to make it to the 3rd round.

Realistically these guys would've been a 10-11 seed in the East if it was a regular year.

Reactions: Mike K

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Congrats to the Habs. They are definitely a more likeable teams then in years past. It’s funny because I wouldn’t care either way if Montreal won the cup but I’d be super upset/petty/whiny if the Leafs did.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't think so. We don't survive the Leafs series with our goaltending.
We would've beaten Toronto. Even Leaf fans were saying there was no way in hell they were winning a series against Ottawa, especially the way we were playing to end the season.

Jets is another story, we'd probably make a series out of it.

But I'm not too upset about it. I think the struggle to start the year was good for the young core, considering the way they were able to bounce back from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad