Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 8 (Post-Deadline & Free Agency Talk: All proposals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Oh shutup.

Yeah right , Gainey and Gauthier always took a lot of trash for doing nothing at the trade line but now that is's Bergevin it's a good move? Nice double standard. Why are team with deep line up like pens , boston ,wild , kimgs are still adding players ? Bergevin probably don't think we have such a chance in playoff

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If we made offers but didn't win that means that Bergevin was too tentative and weak in negotiations. That also means that Bergevin perceived weaknesses in our squad but didn't have a plan to improve them.

Doesn't bode well but at least we'll have a lot of nice high draft picks for Timmins, even if half end up Timmins-Quality(tm) it'll be a huge win.

Glad we kept our picks...plus we signed Kristo!!!!!:handclap:

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
That also means that Bergevin perceived weaknesses in our squad but didn't have a plan to improve them.

C'mon man, everyone knows our weaknesses. If you can avoid taking stupid penalties against the Habs, you'll beat 'em. Anyway, this is all academic until the playoffs. Again, I predict an early exit and lots of rationalizations from our fan-base.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's just a shame that we have been one of the best teams in the league this season and we are just allowed the rest of the conference to get better. What a waste. Oh ya, I forgot about the 2-3 year. We gotta keep with the schedule.

Okay. Want a tissue?

How did we allow other teams to get better? What a bizarre post.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
For those disappointed that the Habs didn't make a move today : Just tell yourselves that with a 1st + 3 2nds + 2 3rds we're going to stock the pipeline pretty solidly at the draft with all those picks and you're probably going to be happy in a few years

Just relax and enjoy the rest of the season and the playoffs

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The whinning in this thread is not surprising and makes me question the knowledge of some fans for the game? Who did you want us to trade for? Clowe? Pominville? Regehr?

As far as I'm concerned the players I wanted Montreal to go for didn't get traded (Morris, Klesla and Glencross) so that tells me the asking price was too high. Pittsburgh is beatable and the Rangers do not scare me at all even after they added Clowe and other players.

Glad I am not the only one. Too many complainers probably because it is easier to post bull **** than it is too research and realize that making deals at the deadline rarely put the team with the need at an advantage.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
For those disappointed that the Habs didn't make a move today : Just tell yourselves that with a 1st + 3 2nds + 2 3rds we're going to stock the pipeline pretty solidly at the draft with all those picks and you're probably going to be happy in a few years

As much as making moves is no guarantee, drafting players isn't either.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom

This is a very good point.

We have a playoff team right now, but not a cup winning team IMO, but we're pretty young and we have a big draft coming up. There's nothing wrong with that, it's not worth it to mortgage your future for one run when your chances wouldn't be that great anyway.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
NYR trading Gaborik was absically a salary dump. Brassard is dead cap space...3.2 mil/year until 2014 and 108 GP 21-38-59...will probably buy him out in July.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I like the team, all those teams who made moves today, except Pittsburgh, are trying to be as good as us.

I like the fact that we'll still get better through the draft because we kept our picks and that we now have a management who is willing to play young guys. I trust Timmins 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia