Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 8 (Post-Deadline & Free Agency Talk: All proposals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
We're still second in the conference with Bourque and Diaz coming back soon and a bright future for the upcoming years!
Wah wah wah!

First world problems!

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Don't write "Rags" on the Trade board or else you'll get infracted/thread banned. :laugh:

Can we use "toilet paper" when we discuss the Broons?

:badidea:

Seriously ?? :laugh: I've been using that abbreviation for years but it was never meant as a derogatory term.

It's just because it's shorter to write just like "Pens"

Thanks for the tip

No typos allowed :naughty:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i'm in between the do nothing / rebuild and go for it. We're clearly a top 5 team RIGHT now. is it an anomaly? I think Bergevin owes it to fans, owners etc..to at least try and go for it in some way...that being said:

1) prices exorbitant for what he might've wanted
2) he already added pieces in winger upgrade, PKer and the Drew
3) I still worry about a lack of grit in bottom 6 that can deal with the goons ( i realize they won't be around come playoffs but that's still a month away)
4) he considers the addition of Diaz and Bourque his upgrade

pine*

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15s

Habs made an offer to Phoenix for Raffi Torres, but he went to San Jose

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Cry cry cry. Wah wah wah. Can't wait to see the posters with their panties in a bunch.

Funny, if they had acquired Ryder today, no one would complain.

Right? MB did his dealing before the deadline. We added Halpern to our struggling PK and since he arrived we are 91.6% on the PK. Ryder has been amazing and we dropped Coles contract off in Dallas. We added Drewisky, which is only a depth move since we are missing Diaz from our top 6.

With Moen, White and Prust in the lineup, I feel we have some decent toughness, sure it's not top 5 in the NHL, but we win with our speed.

Anyways, to all those habs fans who think we got worse by not making a trade today, we will all find out shortly.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I think it would have been nice to add a bottom 6 guy. Injuries can happen in the playoffs and we are pretty thin in that area. But I am ok with standing pat. Glad we got another d-man.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Bravo MB, you did the right thing.

The small little moves often make the right impact. Ryder for Cole has been a disgustingly lopsided trade for us, Halpern has solidified our PK and 4th line while giving us a center who can win draws and that Drew dude should be a decent hole plugger until Diaz comes back.

Bourque and Diaz coming back will be all the help this team needs.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
My only concern with this lineup; clear lack of playoffs experience. I would have addressed that, especially since Emelin is playing like a Pejorative Slur lately, and that there's nothing scheduled as far as Diaz is concerned.

I'm not upset, but definitely, my expectations got a little lower about this season.

Analyzer*

Well I am too.
FFS, this return is so low. We couldve traded for him cheap.

We don't have an available prospect like Larsson. Tokarski isn't valued as high as Hackett, so no we couldn't have.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Well I am too.
FFS, this return is so low. We couldve traded for him cheap.

They wanted Eller. You think the asking price to a team in the west will be the same for a team from their own division? Come on man.

mrcontractor*

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Habs made an offer to Phoenix for Raffi Torres, but he went to San Jose

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Habs made an offer to Phoenix for Raffi Torres, but he went to San Joseâ€

Would have been nice to have him replace Armstrong

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Well I trust MB but I hate the fact that when we're up a couple late against the leaf or the broons and they get dirty we'll have Plex out there and not big guys who can work the boards deep and respond in kind to any ****. Blunden and White are not bad IMO maybe MB believes they can play that role? Go Habs Go !!!

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Bravo MB, you did the right thing.

The small little moves often make the right impact. Ryder for Cole has been a disgustingly lopsided trade for us, Halpern has solidified our PK and 4th line while giving us a center who can win draws and that Drew dude should be a decent hole plugger until Diaz comes back.

Bourque and Diaz coming back will be all the help this team needs.

Yep just look at them as our TDL new arrivals, they were important parts of our success earlier, the team is great as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad