Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I wouldn't do MAB but I'd take Streit back in a heart beat. 2nd pairing on the PP would be awesome with Beaulieu.

Glencross could also be a good fit on our team.

I was told by Flames fans he had a NTC and didn't want to waive it being involved in the community and loved in Calgary. Now they say he is available :help:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Oh yeah? Whos your source?

Yesterday night on L'Anti-Chambre, Mathieu Darche -whos a Pominville's friend (they train togeter every summer)- said he knows for a fact that it would be a dream for him to play here.

But who is the person known as "Darche" and who are his "sources"

:sarcasm:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger5m
Mark Streit is unlikely to agree to extension with NYI.Isles may keep him for playoff race, but unless there's change, Streit will be a UFA.

Streit...right D, offensive minded.
Diaz-like....

No more Bouillon - Gorges on the 2nd PP.....

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Alex+Ovechkin+Marc+Andre+Bergeron+Washington+xdoFKf7VUr1l.jpg

Right between his legs.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yeah Shero's done fine. I never said he did not.

Shero went for it, and he's right to do so.

The draft picks WILL be missed.

But you think that after they do this, they'll be a powerhouse the next 7-10 years? Think again. Let's see them draft another ****ing Lemieux, or Crosby. Good ****ing luck.

I expect, anticipate and will immensely enjoy Pittsburgh's coming decline. They deserve it.

I also hope they lose the franchise when it comes. And it will come.

They start losing again, watch the 'fans' melt away. They almost went bankrupt before drafting Crosby, the saviour. That's how much fans there really love hockey, like: not.

That's how much I hate them. Except for the Seals, who were owned by an idiot millionaire, Pittsburgh has been the worst 67 expansion team on average the last 46 years by far.

A Pox on them, and a Pox on their fair weather fans. They tanked for Mario, and they tanked for Crosby. They represent everything I hate about Bettman's NHL. I hate them way more than Laffs, and Bruins. Way more.

Can't agree there as they won the lottery and we shouldn't talk cause we got dam lucky as well back in 05

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Marc Andre Bergeron is a powerplay WEAPON.

Please come this way!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I wouldn't be too upset with MAB coming back. Takes a little bit of heat off the rookies that come in to fill the 6th D spot. A cheap fall back if any of them can't handle the playoffs. Not exactly a spectacular defenseman but I think he's worth a shot... or rather, his shot. Tough call when you want to get bigger and more physical on the back end.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'd like to get Pominville. I'd give Eller and a 1st is we need to. I'd prefer to give up Desharnais' but his value may not be as good.

I don't think we're in any position to be trading a center if we're going for it this year, which is what trading for Pominville would be about. Galchenyuk looks like he's run out of gas to me having played almost 10 times more games than he played last year.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
We would have to dress 7 d's every game and Bergeron can really only play on the pp and then get the **** of the ice ASAP

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Clowe is actually a way better fighter than I thought he was. Damn.

He is. He can take on legitimate heavies and not look out of place. Dude is tough as nail and fearless

But in the end it's all about the cost and the rumored extention he apparently wants. He may not be worth it in that regard.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You clearly haven't a clue how terrible some other organizations in the NHL have been. Yes the Habs went through multiple GMs, coaches, bad trades, bad signings, bad results etc. But we've never had our team under the risk of being folded, bankruptcy, movement, or any arena issues whatsoever.

We haven't had GMs fired mid-season for a long long time, in terms of corporate structure that says a lot. We've had very, very educated/experienced/competent figures in management also and basically my point is that beyond on-ice results Montreal has been a model franchise. We didn't tank, we didn't threaten the city for a new arena, we never "gave away" tickets, we never demeaned our organization.

It goes beyond GM, it goes to the owner and the chairman/president and while ours are greedy and money-loving as hell, they're also very competent at their job. Compare with the Leafs who dicked around Pat Quinn, who hired ancient Fletcher and then let him go for Burke and then fired him before the season began - whose owners have moved around a bunch of times and now no one knows who really runs the team. Or Boston and how they had to revamp their back-office several times since the Jumbo Joe years.

But yeah, Montreal's been awful and I'm a ********* homer because Bob Gainey made a few bad signings :rolleyes:

You're probably the people who think that Price should stop every puck and he's a bad goalie if he doesn't. Grow the hell up and look at the rest of the league, our organization and corporate structure is among the elites.

Montreal is the crown jewel of the NHL and to have inept bumblers like Houle, Gauthier & Gainey pretend they knew what they're doing was a disgrace.

No we didn't fire GMs in mid season. We simply fired assistant coaches the morning of a game. We fired head coaches on game day and then put a unilingual coach with no warning about how to handle the press. We traded a player in the second intermission of a game and we had a HOF goalie in front of 18000 fans tell the president of the team,"f u, I'm never playing here again."

Also when Molson brewery put the Habs up for sale it was a desperation move. No one wanted to buy the organization. It took a Yankee who knew little about hockey but was desperate for a sports franchise to take a risk.

You have the balls to bring up the Leafs? Were we any better than the Leafs the last two decades? From Serge Savard's last years to Gauthier's firing this organization experienced the darkest years in team history and it had nothing to do with Sergei K's carousing.

And by the way if you're gonna accuse me of something go do your effing homework! I never made the claim that Price should stop every shot. But don't let facts get in the way of your perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad