Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

That is the problem right there. We lost Emeiln and the D was in shambles.

Until Tinordi joined the lineup. Sure, Tinordi at the bottom pairing wasn't perfect, but he certainly stabilized the hemmorage. I believe Jarred will certainly be better next year; as he gets more and more experience under his belt.

Can't be that dependant on one player. Need to get bigger and meaner on the D and we haven't replaced the goals Ryder provided on the wing.

That's 2 different issues. I agree another top-D would be good to have, but it looks like we won't be able to sign one with that weak UFA crop.

I think that is why we are kicking tires on Briere. A 1 yr 1.5 mill deal might give us 50-60 games of him on the wing and you never know.

There is no one available that will give us 25-30 goals on the wing that we lost.

We can always go short-term, but a Briere would not be the end of the world for us. I seriously doubt he does sign here, however. He's probably even less high on the idea of coming to Montreal than Vinny was.

Myron Gaines*

We need a D-man? Really? Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Dreweski think otherwise...
Quantity but lack of quality in the top 4. We have too many 5/6th defenceman.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
If Bergevin tried to land Edler, that's telling me that he's looking for a top 4 defenseman that could log 20+ min. of ice time. There's still plenty of options on trading market.

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
Until Tinordi joined the lineup. Sure, Tinordi at the bottom pairing wasn't perfect, but he certainly stabilized the hemmorage. I believe Jarred will certainly be better next year; as he gets more and more experience under his belt.
QUOTE]

I love Tinordi, but he's not ready to be that goto guy yet. I wish he was.
I think Scuderi would be a nice fit, bigger and surly. Experienced to help the young guys, won the cup so has an idea what it takes. Probably not more than 3 years considering has age and probably pretty reasonable.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My wishlist:

Andrew Ference: We want to improve. That's better than Bouillon to say the freakin least...
Daniel Cleary: Could fill a role here. Of course, we'd need to make some trades....but I see his vet presence and his game being an asset here.
Valteri Filippula: Too much talent to pass over
David Clarkson: At the right price....so we won't have him
Ryan Hamilton: Why do I feel I'd like to take a chance on this guy...to hope he does well so it would piss off Toronto? Probably it...:D
Matt Halischuk: Something tells me this kid isn't done progressing.
Jonathon Blum: See Halischuk

Now, there are other names out there whether it's for the Dogs or whatever....Some of the non-qualified guys are interesting for the Dogs and possible callups. I still believe that a guy like Colton Gillies could help, I prefer Gillies to Blunden. Chris Summers, Vande Velde, a couple of my guys I loved at their respective draft years that hasn't panned out the way I thought they would....But that's secondary.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
A good solid D that does his job and can help out this team for the next 2-3 years is Rob Scuderi. Would love to add him to this D corp

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
My List:

[ Defense ]
Steve Eminger
Andrew Alberts
Marc Fistric
Rob Scuderi

[ Forwards ]
Boyd Gordon
Jerome Iginla
David Clarkson
Brad Richardson
Maxim Lapierre

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Quantity but lack of quality in the top 4. We have too many 5/6th defenceman.

Diaz Emelin Markov Subban Gorges are legit top 4 guys. The others are #5-6 but you need those too.

I wouldn't mind another #5-6 like Fistric or Komisarek on a short term deal so Beaulieu and Tinordi start AHL.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
My list:

FWDs:
Gordon
Skille
Mueller
Halishuk

Defenceman:
Fistric
Blum

Last edited:

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
My wishlist:

Matt Halischuk: Something tells me this kid isn't done progressing.
Jonathon Blum: See Halischuk

I like you thinking here. Great opportunity to poach young potential talent that hasn't panned out for X-Y reason. Sometimes a fresh start...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Bergevin tried to land Edler, that's telling me that he's looking for a top 4 defenseman that could log 20+ min. of ice time. There's still plenty of options on trading market.

That would probably mean moving Markov.

A good solid D that does his job and can help out this team for the next 2-3 years is Rob Scuderi. Would love to add him to this D corp

I would expect he commands a 4 year 17 mil or 5 year 20 mil type contract as a UFA.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Wow!

Somebody is our of touch with reality! If MB gave Alfredsson 2 years and 12 mil I'd drive to Montreal and kick his ass.

Daniel Alfredsson is looking for a two-year contract worth roughly $6 million per year, according to the Ottawa Sun.
The Sun reports the Senators countered with two years and $8 million total. The two sides continue to talk, although Alfredsson can officially begin talking to other teams Wednesday. It would be an absolute stunner if Alfredsson left Ottawa and we expect something to get done between the two parties fairly soon.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I would expect he commands a 4 year 17 mil or 5 year 20 mil type contract as a UFA.

He's a much better version of Gorges, so if he got close to 4 I wouldn't mind giving Scuderi a little more. 2 Cups in 4 years for him (Pens and Kings) and a **** load of experience

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Wow!

Somebody is our of touch with reality! If MB gave Alfredsson 2 years and 12 mil I'd drive to Montreal and kick his ass.

Daniel Alfredsson is looking for a two-year contract worth roughly $6 million per year, according to the Ottawa Sun.
The Sun reports the Senators countered with two years and $8 million total. The two sides continue to talk, although Alfredsson can officially begin talking to other teams Wednesday. It would be an absolute stunner if Alfredsson left Ottawa and we expect something to get done between the two parties fairly soon.

Ouch, Alfredsson's a gem but no longer a superstar. Just let him retire IMO.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I like you thinking here. Great opportunity to poach young potential talent that hasn't panned out for X-Y reason. Sometimes a fresh start...

Halischuk is all character and work ethic, which fits Bergevin's plan, but he's another forward who lacks upper body strength and gets man-handled.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
My list:

FWDs:
Gordon
Skille
Mueller

Defenceman:
Halischuk
Fistric
Blum

Halischuk is a forward.

Blum is a poor man's Weber, not sure he fits here at all. I would prefer Ellerby Teubery or Peckham(assuming he's gotten himself in shape).

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Wow!

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins offer him that. Old Sens connection in Boston

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Montreal Canadiens extend qualifying offers to forwards Ryan White and Gabriel Dumont and goalies Dustin Tokarski and Robert Mayer.
The move ensures the Canadiens retain the rights to all four players, each of whom spent varying degrees of time with the NHL club. White had one goal in 26 games and appeared in three postseason games. Dumont registered three points in 10 regular-season games and no points in three playoff contests. Tokarski and Mayer, on the other hand, didn't reach the NHL this season until being called up to travel with the Habs after the AHL season ended.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bruins being interested in Brière.

That too, I mean with Horton and Jagr gone and their owner saying that they're going to put Savard on LTIR and will spend that money they're going to go after a few players. Rask will get a raise but they will have some money to spend

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
I would love to see Coburn with the Habs. Big, tough, plays a lot of minutes, signed for a couple more years. I would offer Diaz +++ for Coburn, but would be willing to part with Beaulieu.

Ryan Clowe also fills a big need up front. Concussion history is scary but I would take the chance. His play with the Rangers was more in line with his history than the goose egg he put up in SJ. Hopefully $4M a season would get it done.

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) /David Desharnais ($3.500m) /Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.722m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
P.K. Subban ($2.875m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.638m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,970,208; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,027,292

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If they won't pay Horton 6 mil per year, no way in hell they pay that much for a 53 year old Alfredsson.

Alfredsson has out produced Horton in the past couple of years. Now don't get me wrong you may be right but at the same time Horton informed the Bruins he was going to test the market and possibly wanted to move on. We don't know if the Bruins were ready to give him that, maybe they were

According to some on the Bruins board Mrs Horton wants to go back closer to the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad