Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
You must have loved our 2009 "rebuild" of Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez, Travis Moen, Hal Gill and Jaroslav Spacek then. :laugh:

Started pretty rough with the Gomez trade. Happy about Cammalleri and stunned about Gionta. Spacek was a good move for my liking, puzzled by the Gill signing and Moen was later in the summer. Turned out Gill was great for my taste and Spacho a wreck.

That was very anti climatic if you remember. The Sedins were this close to hit the market, Gaborik was available and so forth. Let's just say I didn't envision the small players collection that day.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
We need a RWer now that we have no prospects even close to the NHL.

Why now? We have Gallagher and Gionta for next season. I'd wait for 2014... DUSTIN BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!! But he'll most likely be signed by the Kings :(

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why now? We have Gallagher and Gionta for next season. I'd wait for 2014... DUSTIN BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!! But he'll most likely be signed by the Kings :(

It's not 100% Gionta will be ready for training camp. Are we really going to have Prust/Leblanc/Holland in our top 6 to start the season?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Alfredsson's priority is still to sign with Ott, but as of 12:01 am ET tonight his agent J.P. Barry can take calls from other teams.( con't)

Anyone? It would be better than Briere...

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I bet Penner, MacArthur and Cleary are the best value free agents at forward. Any one of them should help our top 9 without hurting the team's ability to retain players going forward.

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
Notice Clarkson's name come up a lot around here - Devils fans seem fairly indifferent to him leaving - says something.

I bet Penner, MacArthur and Cleary are the best value free agents at forward. Any one of them should help our top 9 without hurting the team's ability to retain players going forward.

I think MacArthur could end up being a really smart signing.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
It's not 100% Gionta will be ready for training camp. Are we really going to have Prust/Leblanc/Holland in our top 6 to start the season?

The training camp doesn't really matter, to be honest. What matters is if he'll be healthy enough to start the season...

I don't understand why we'd have to use Prust, Leblanc or even Holland for our top 6?

If anything, Bourque can play RW perfectly fine. In that case, we'd need a left winger to take his spot.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The training camp doesn't really matter, to be honest. What matters is if he'll be healthy enough to start the season...

I don't understand why we'd have to use Prust, Leblanc or even Holland for our top 6?

If anything, Bourque can play RW perfectly fine. In that case, we'd need a left winger to take his spot.

If Gionta isn't ready we have

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Patches-DD-Galchenyuk on wrong side
Prust-Eller(??)-Moen
White-nothing-nothing

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Next steps...

1) Sign Brière
2) Trade Gionta
3) Sign one of Clarkson or Clowe

I know Briere is great in the playoffs, but he is even more fragile than Gionta and makes Desharnais look like an elite defensive player.

If we trade Gionta, let's use the cap for someone who doesn't suck please.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Mark Fistric is a few days away from testing free agency.
The Oilers may see who is out there and what their options are first, but it's possible they will circle back to him if he's still available. In 25 games with Edmonton, Fistric posted six assists, 88 hits, 53 blocks and a plus-6 rating.

Would be a nice fit here with Emelin out.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Notice Clarkson's name come up a lot around here - Devils fans seem fairly indifferent to him leaving - says something.

I agree with you about MacArthur. Funny Toronto didn't re-sign him.

DailyKaizen

The Oilers may see who is out there and what their options are first, but it's possible they will circle back to him if he's still available. In 25 games with Edmonton, Fistric posted six assists, 88 hits, 53 blocks and a plus-6 rating.

Yup, I wanted this player before EDM got him because he was undervalued in my view...however the Oilers letting him walk MUST mean they are trying to get someone better and/or do not wish to meet his wage demands...

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007

I watched quite a few Oilers games and he wasn't the same after he attempted a check and ran into the boards and hurt his back/tailbone. Great crease clearer but once Emelin comes back would probably be delegated to 7th defenseman status. I am always skeptical when a team such as Edmonton releases or doesn't sign a player like Fistric because they desperately need a physical presence on the back end. They also let Teubert go; another physical player that just was lost on their back end.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

Macarthur or cleary, i'd take either, mac is more physical but cleary is smarter

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Macarthur or cleary, i'd take either, mac is more physical but cleary is smarter

I always liked Dan Cleary. He is getting up there, though, isnt he?

MacArthur had a couple 20 goal season in the past few years. Might not be a bad addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad