Patches-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Dupuis
Prospal-DD-Bourque
Prust-White-Moen/McGrattan

Can we get rid of Gionta already????

TorontoHabs90

Aug 9, 2006
Toronto
I know he has struggled offensively since joining the Kings, but I am surprised nobody has even mentioned Penner considering we are all about getting bigger... He is like 6'4 or 6'5 and 240 lbs... and He hasnt done it in a couple years, but he has managed to score 25+ goals multiple times if I am correct... His best seasons when he was in Edmonton, a Canadian city with some pressure on his back. Maybe thats the type of environment he needs to thrive??

I'd like him (If the money is right), Clowe, or Morrow

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
On a short list of players that make the Habs a better team;

David Clarkson - the best move for the Habs.
Stephen Weiss - the best center available and that's before Vinny signed with the Flyers.

Brian McGratten - I don't think Konopka is available, he would be a better option for enforcer due to his faceoff capability. The list is long for enforcers and I'm from the school of hockey player(1st) with pugilistic ability (2nd).

The Habs have someone in the pipeline now Connor Crisp should be ready in 2015/2016. That's not going to help on the injury front for the next three years though.

The Habs might add Fournier to Hamilton after the camp, he's a good option to help the prospects.:nod:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've never been a big fan of Penner. I wouldn't like him here unless he signs cheap.

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York

Stephen Weiss - the best center available and that's before Vinny signed with the Flyers.

Brian McGratten - I don't think Konopka is available, he would be a better option for enforcer due to his faceoff capability. The list is long for enforcers and I'm from the school of hockey player(1st) with pugilistic ability (2nd).

The Habs have someone in the pipeline now Connor Crisp should be ready in 2015/2016. That's not going to help on the injury front for the next three years though.

The Habs might add Fournier to Hamilton after the camp, he's a good option to help the prospects.:nod:

Sarcasm?

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I know he has struggled offensively since joining the Kings, but I am surprised nobody has even mentioned Penner considering we are all about getting bigger...

I think someone mentioned that a few pages back. He is lazy but he does have the tools when he wants to use them. Dupuis might be alright short term. Someone also mentioned Clark MacArthur.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I don't expect any major movement....anymore. No major impact players coming our way these days.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The Flyers, without Pronger, would be close to the cap and they would still need to sign a goalie. Would it be worth it to trade for Meszaros (2014 UFA)?

TorontoHabs90

Aug 9, 2006
Toronto
I think someone mentioned that a few pages back. He is lazy but he does have the tools when he wants to use them. Dupuis might be alright short term. Someone also mentioned Clark MacArthur.

I'm just picturing sticking Penner in front of the net for powerplays etc. He could probably get us those dirty goals that we struggle to get, especially in playoff hockey, as we are always circling the perimeter.

MacArthur has SOME offensive upside, and I wouldn't cry if we signed him to a good deal, but I really want whatever spot he would take in the lineup to go to someone big and with a mean streak - can't watch another one of those games like that one vs. Ottawa (Eller hit) and like that one vs. Toronto when they beat us on the scoreboard and in the physical game.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007

Konopka isn't a real enforcer. He's someone who can fight but would get destroyed in our divisons with Orr, McLaren, Scott, Thornton and Neil only to name a few.

Also, even if he's decent at faceoffs, you don't want him on the ice on any important occasion (PK, PP, close game, etc), so it's a pretty useless talent to have.

Just get a real enforcer. Not that I like the idea, but we have to respond to our rivals.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I'm just picturing sticking Penner in front of the net for powerplays etc. He could probably get us those dirty goals that we struggle to get, especially in playoff hockey, as we are always circling the perimeter.

That's the plus side. Penner could stand in front of the net. He is not easy to move. Even when not on the PP, he could act as a wedge against those defences who force us to play on the perimeter. Easier for other guys to get to the net when he has a defenceman tied up. But would he do that consistently?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

Bergevin is not a UFA kind of guy. He said so multiple times. People need to listen.

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
The best move for the habs is not to sign any garbage contract this summer. I dont want an overpaid David Clarkson.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Bergevin is not a UFA kind of guy. He said so multiple times. People need to listen.

10 mil/4years for Brandon Prust ring a bell? He sayed he wants to build the core of the team threw drafts. and that's fine, but that doesn't mean he won't add pieces to the current team.

Seriously, some folks here on HF are straight out robots..

hogtownhabsfan*

Prusts former Flames buddy McGratten FTW. Best heavy in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad