Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Any discussion on Clowe? This guy can and does fight, I know he had a rough season but I think he'd make a good addition.

The price he was asking for was simply too much, I wouldn't pay more than 3.75 for him and he will probably be signed at close to 5 per year. I'd pass

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Solid list with a lot of viable options. I would go after Scuderi and Bickell as well Ryane Clowe, who wasn't on your list. I'm curious as to why he wasn't on your list and would like your feedback on him.:)

Prior to trade deadline i was crowing for Clowe to Habs....but now i got big reservations,apparently he had 3 concussion last year(in half a season),and his injury on top.....

I think for me this changes things.

Does anyone think Bickell vs Bruins reg season does turn into fists flying????
Habs dont got the protection for Bickell.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Bergevin has signed these four players: PK, Moen, Desharnais and Bouillon.
MB also signed Pacioretty.

Many have proposed to trade or buy back DD.
You are proposing to trade Moen and Bouillon.

So basically, you are saying that the GM should undo almost every contract he did.
You should ask him to sign a resignation letter at the same time.
:shakehead

Do you really think that MB will trade Moen and Bouillon?
BTW, Moen has a NMC.
Woah, hold up. I suggested that Bergevin gets rid of 2 of the 7 (Price, PK, Moen, Price, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Bouillon)contracts he's given so far, that's far from ''almost every contract he did''. I'm aware that Moen has a NMC, it doesn't mean he wouldn't mind going to a team like the Oilers who have made it very clear that they want to rebuild their bottom 6. Also Moen might not be the biggest fan of Michel Therrien for all we know. Also as for my suggestion of getting rid of Bouillon (I wouldn't even care if we waived him when Emelin comes back), he's getting paid 1.5 million to be our #7 when Emelin comes back. I prefer Drewiske in that role for almost a million less (plus much better offensively, also much younger and bigger). Which brings me to my other point, Bergevin signed Drewiske to a 2 year contract does that he's now handcuffed and can't move him if he sucks. The answer is no, a GM should always think ahead with no hesitation if he knows a move will help the team long term.

Now I'm not gonna lie, I didn't suggest to move Desharnais because it won't happen but I wouldn't mind it either.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Prior to trade deadline i was crowing for Clowe to Habs....but now i got big reservations,apparently he had 3 concussion last year(in half a season),and his injury on top.....

I think for me this changes things.

Does anyone think Bickell vs Bruins reg season does turn into fists flying????
Habs dont got the protection for Bickell.

Bickell is not a fighter per-say. Yes he can defend himself and his teamates but his value is in his size/skill/speed combination.

He can play physical, chip in some offense and he can play anywhere in your lineup.

I REALLY hope the Habs try to negotiate with him prior to him hitting free agency. I think he fits perfectly into what the Habs need.

dreamingofdrouin*

The price he was asking for was simply too much, I wouldn't pay more than 3.75 for him and he will probably be signed at close to 5 per year. I'd pass

yah i don't want to overpay for him either...but we are definitely going to take a stab at him....his production with the sharks sucked but as soon as he went to the rangers it jumped to a pace for 20 goals and 54 points in a full season......bergevin wanted this player...and he will go after him.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
I'd like it if we went after Clowe also, after the season he had last year I don't think it would take much in terms of years and money to get him signed and its a chance but the pro's greatly outweigh the con's.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'd consider Clowe as a backup plan. If you're at the point where you're at backup plans, though, and he's still on the market, well that probably says teams are leery of his health issues and of his asking price, so maybe something in that $10M/3yr range really would be possible. Who knows. I'd rather spend $3-4M gambling on him than not sign anybody up front at all. Even if it's risky, better to at least roll the dice than end up sitting on unused cap space.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Since Calgary apparently likes Kristo and are in the beginnings of a major overhaul, how's this:

:flames

David Desharnais
Danny Kristo
Dalton Thrower

:habs

2013 #22 pick
2013 #28 pick

dreamingofdrouin*

Since Calgary apparently likes Kristo and are in the beginnings of a major overhaul, how's this:

David Desharnais
Danny Kristo
Dalton Thrower

2013 #22 pick
2013 #28 pick

in a half a heartbeat....but that's too good of a deal for us i think.....you never know though..it is feaster:laugh:

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012

David Desharnais
Danny Kristo
Dalton Thrower

2013 #22 pick
2013 #28 pick

Flames wont rebuild by trading their first picks (especially for that package)

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Bickell is not a fighter per-say. Yes he can defend himself and his teamates but his value is in his size/skill/speed combination.

He can play physical, chip in some offense and he can play anywhere in your lineup.

I REALLY hope the Habs try to negotiate with him prior to him hitting free agency. I think he fits perfectly into what the Habs need.

I really don't know about Bickell... he had an amazing run this season, but he was also playing with the best team in the league... he was a nobody until then and that scares me a bit, because I know for a fact that he'll be asking a ridiculous price and as I stated before.

You all know someone somewhere in this crazy league WILL give him a 3.5-4M/y 5 year contract

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Sorry but I don't like it. Yakupov isn't good enough to justify making that kind of move in my opinion. And do you really want to have Luongo's contract on the books 5 years from now?

What a joke, I guess you only value potential when it satisfies your Price fetish.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
FWIW, Fred Poulin of 'The Hockey Writers' mentions that MB is actively shopping Desharnais and that he was recently almost dealt, he also mentions MB is trying to get into the top 10 of the draft; they really like Monahan.

http://www.habsaddict.com/2013/06/montreal-canadiens-draft-stategy.html

He mentions the trade part and targetting Monahan in the comments section.

Monahan would start and stick in MTL. I would trade up in the top 10 then trade DD so our centers would be Monahan,Gally,Eller and Pleks.

Woah. If that happens our center depth if off the charts.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
FWIW, Fred Poulin of 'The Hockey Writers' mentions that MB is actively shopping Desharnais and that he was recently almost dealt, he also mentions MB is trying to get into the top 10 of the draft; they really like Monahan.

http://www.habsaddict.com/2013/06/montreal-canadiens-draft-stategy.html

He mentions the trade part and targetting Monahan in the comments section.

I'm not familiar with Poulin's track record other than this piece before the deadline claiming that "the Pittsburgh Penguins are not looking to add a top-6 forward to their already potent offensive line-up."

The Habs draft article is kind of all over the place, with a bunch of scattered rumors, and some bits that Poulin has (purposely?) left unclear whether they are rumor or spec ("...everyone expects Trevor Timmins and his scouting staff to draft a forward with his first-round pick." and "Timmins and his staff will most likely draft on of the following forwards...").

I'm inclined to take this with a whole bunch of salt.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad