Post-Game Talk: Habs obliterate the Champs!!! Blues beaten 6-3!

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
We’re in a good position so far this season. Early points are easy to get, so may as well take them.

I like how the team is looking. I still expect some roster movements in the next month or so, but we are still a bubble team.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Chariot is a third line D so it's appropriate to cut his minutes and play there. He doesnt have Buf to carry him. And he played well in 17 minutes. That pass to Drouin was sweet!
The first line carried the team outside of Drouin. Domi has actually not played that well in last couple of games.
When we're swarming we're effective.

Reactions: HBDay

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We’re in a good position so far this season. Early points are easy to get, so may as well take them.

I like how the team is looking. I still expect some roster movements in the next month or so, but we are still a bubble team.

They've banked 6/10 possible points. If I remember correctly, they had an even better start last year.

From a results standpoint, the one that disappointed me was coming up empty against Detroit. Otherwise, they've done well in getting results. Overall, it's a "not bad" start.

Reactions: Bacchus1

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yeah, what is that? So many countries are going with leaders that look like that. The UK always had stern, well spoken, rigid and generally well-tailored/ well-groomed types. The mold has been broken.
He’s super posh and therefore does not need to care. It’s part of his thing.

Reactions: Runner77

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Happy canadian thanks giving to all. Just got home drunk amd watching the ppv replay of the game. Wtf is up woth the anthem singer Sally Folk. This is the cringiest and worst anthem of all humanity. The Habs sure do have talent to recruit the cingriest anthem singers of em all. *FacePalmEmoji*
They could at least get a fantastic singer from cirque. There are lots of them. Pay them. It’s embarrassing

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
calling out people after winning 2 / 5 games is being cocky... and stupid. Should the guy be called out next time Habs lose ??

Team won, appreciate it and voila. No need for that bull****.

and btw, your definition of "hater" might not be the same as his/hers. You know full well for some, any criticism is considered hate.

Reading the garbage after the Wings loss was even a bit much for this board. Nonsense, after nonsense, after nonsense. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and would think most fans don't want to sift through crap like that, and when it's not here on this board... it might actually be refreshing.

This team isn't without faults, we need upgrades at certain positions for us to take the next step, and I can definitely see how MB can rub people the wrong way with how he does things, etc. It's just the mob mentality of anger and incoherent thoughts that plague this board after an L is ridiculous sometimes. I understand this is sport, and people are emotional, and we all care for this team in our own ways, and we are the most PASSIONATE fanbase bar none, but sometime this passion seems to want to burn this place down.

This is OUR community, all of ours, and we should respect it a bit better (my own personal feeling). We're suppose to be on the same team lol, and sometimes the wanting of failure when it's unjustified is very bewildering for me. Anyways I've spoke enough about my thoughts on this board and how we interact. I'm gonna leave it here. I'm more concerned about this Tampa game coming up.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I know you posted a tweet about how the Habs changed their player of the game award to a sword this year. It looks like it came from GOT.

Again this year, Shea Weber was behind the idea. If this keeps up, they'll be converting the dressing room to a full fledged GOT chamber. They already have a solid start with the GOT cape from last year.

vCem5C2.jpg

As long as the whole room is not mimicked after Walder Frey's inside castle, it should fine.

The sword should be Widow's Wail

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I've heard a lot of bad BC anthem singers but I don't remember one getting so much in the way of shafting comments.

I missed part of the first period so was not aware of these comments until now.

Once again, the quality of our snipers is second to none. I've lifted most of what I thought were real good zingers.

:laugh:

You know it's really bad when you get a fan from another forum, chiming in with this:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Goddamit, I have to see this!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They could at least get a fantastic singer from cirque. There are lots of them. Pay them. It’s embarrassing

For an org. that is so image-conscious, spares no detail and puts a lot of money on pomp and circumstance, their weakest link continues to be their anthem singers. It's beyond understanding, it's the first thing you see right before puck drop.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sally Folk has creative talent for writing, but not a whole lot of talent in the voice department. I've always felt the Sally Folk, Arianne Moffat and Coeur de Pirate of this world talk more than they actually sing in their songs. If you don't have a great voice, then write your own songs that you can actually sing and these 3 have understood that. But that's also the reason why they make poor choices for anthem singing.

For the life of me, I can't even understand why people like them. it's so lifeless to me.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Reading the garbage after the Wings loss was even a bit much for this board. Nonsense, after nonsense, after nonsense. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and would think most fans don't want to sift through crap like that, and when it's not here on this board... it might actually be refreshing.

This team isn't without faults, we need upgrades at certain positions for us to take the next step, and I can definitely see how MB can rub people the wrong way with how he does things, etc. It's just the mob mentality of anger and incoherent thoughts that plague this board after an L is ridiculous sometimes. I understand this is sport, and people are emotional, and we all care for this team in our own ways, and we are the most PASSIONATE fanbase bar none, but sometime this passion seems to want to burn this place down.

This is OUR community, all of ours, and we should respect it a bit better (my own personal feeling). We're suppose to be on the same team lol, and sometimes the wanting of failure when it's unjustified is very bewildering for me. Anyways I've spoke enough about my thoughts on this board and how we interact. I'm gonna leave it here. I'm more concerned about this Tampa game coming up.
you might want to talk about the respect thing to the guy who's idea of a great post was to call out other posters and act cocky after Habs 2nd win in 5 games you know...

and have no idea why you focus so much on a minority... :dunno:

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Chariot is a third line D so it's appropriate to cut his minutes and play there. He doesnt have Buf to carry him. And he played well in 17 minutes. That pass to Drouin was sweet!
The first line carried the team outside of Drouin. Domi has actually not played that well in last couple of games.
When we're swarming we're effective.
you knoe people around here were saying that the day of the signing right ??

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As long as the whole room is not mimicked after Walder Frey's inside castle, it should fine.

The sword should be Widow's Wail

As long as the sword is made from Valyrian steel, we're good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad