Post-Game Talk: Habs obliterate the Champs!!! Blues beaten 6-3!

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
How did we do last year? I seem to remember pegging the exact finishing position in October.
But yeah that three game stretch did my credibility in.

Dont worry, your credibility is pretty high with me, easy to tell you know the game, the thing is your a damn pessimist :laugh::laugh:.......nothing wrong with that, and i'm no better i'm a damn optimist.... could be even more annoying at times

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They better or your prediction (3-6 in the next 9 games) you made friday will be very hard to reach :laugh::laugh:
Well we may still end up 3 -6 for the rest of this month. Split the games against the Wild and Win against the Coyotes. All those other teams can/should beat us.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
For an org. that is so image-conscious, spares no detail and puts a lot of money on pomp and circumstance, their weakest link continues to be their anthem singers. It's beyond understanding, it's the first thing you see right before puck drop.

It's a strategy... if they stunk against Blue everyone would still be talking about Sally Folk. You just don't get the Habs strategery.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:skeptic: Call me a skeptic I can take it.

fbSOGK2.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It was refreshing to see the habs try different things on the PP than to just look for Weber. They tried plays down low, and they opened up good one timer situations on the right side.

The problem there is that it was domi getting those looks, and he hasn't really showed the ability to be a one timer threat. The habs need to put someone in that spot who will force the other team to respect the shot.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Petry for a third and a fifth. Hell of a trade by MB.

2nd & 5th
Which was a hefty amount for a Dman with his resume at the time... Definitely a deadline premium.

It was a gamble that has paid off nicely for us, and that gave the Oilers a very good return for a player they weren't planning to re-sign.

Let's try to minimize the revisionist history, shall we?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
2nd & 5th
Which was a hefty amount for a Dman with his resume at the time... Definitely a deadline premium.

It was a gamble that has paid off nicely for us, and that gave the Oilers a very good return for a player they weren't planning to re-sign.

Plus Petry wasn't as good in the older, less skating based NHL. He's tailor-made for the new NHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I l ike people, drunk a bit, I will read this in the morning, sleep good be Nice.

Jesus this is legendary :laugh:

S bah had a few lol.

It's been this way for about 5 years now and it's completely understandable. I don't praise ****ty liquor even though it still gets me drunk.

You can tell S Bah was not being his regular self -- that post is missing at least a dozen emojis.

It should go for Post of 2019 consideration. It's so out of character for S Bah. Mrb1p's reaction said it all. :laugh: OC was also quick to catch on.

We're going to praise shitty liquor if that's what got S Bah to post what he did.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Honestly I wasn't always like this. It started in the transition year I just haven't recovered yet.
I left another board because I was the one with rose coloured glasses. We knew we had a stinky team and I just enjoyed the wins, and the many Carbo comebacks(2000's). The problem is we finally had some promise in 2012..lots of it! And here we are hoping the same way we did 8 years ago.

I have no illusions that this team isn't good enough. I now mention where I feel we must improve. Like the dumpster fire D squad of ours. The pretension of some that feel we are wrong for wanting short term pain for long term gain is galling. We actual care that our team is better than a bubble team.

My leaf friends are so excited for their team, and yet they also constantly criticize them. If they aren't happy with their team, why are we 'suppose' to be so excited for ours?

If we could swap our team for theirs I would do so(I know they have salary issues and whatnot) and I think most would. If someone thinks our team is better than the leafs or the bruins right now they are either lying to you or lying to themselves. Hot start is nothing but a hot take.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was refreshing to see the habs try different things on the PP than to just look for Weber. They tried plays down low, and they opened up good one timer situations on the right side.

The problem there is that it was domi getting those looks, and he hasn't really showed the ability to be a one timer threat. The habs need to put someone in that spot who will force the other team to respect the shot.
Funny we were talking about the difference Petry makes carrying the puck with defenders actually backing in and voila our zone entries start working. Muller had no choice but to resort to social media for answers. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I left another board because I was the one with rose coloured glasses. We knew we had a stinky team and I just enjoyed the wins, and the many Carbo comebacks(2000's). The problem is we finally had some promise in 2012..lots of it! And here we are hoping the same way we did 8 years ago.

I have no illusions that this team isn't good enough. I now mention where I feel we must improve. Like the dumpster fire D squad of ours. The pretension of some that feel we are wrong for wanting short term pain for long term gain is galling. We actual care that our team is better than a bubble team.

My leaf friends are so excited for their team, and yet they also constantly criticize them. If they aren't happy with their team, why are we 'suppose' to be so excited for ours?

If we could swap our team for theirs I would do so(I know they have salary issues and whatnot) and I think most would. If someone thinks our team is better than the leafs or the bruins right now they are either lying to you or lying to themselves. Hot start is nothing but a hot take.

There is reason to be optimistic in Laff land. They absolutely have plenty of moving parts that have value and can be leveraged to build a proper post season squad. We have far fewer movable assets and they will all leave a hole if executed. At one point you have to realize you are swimming against the tide and that the shoreline is receding.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
2nd & 5th

Hurts so bad to say it was a GREAT trade for us.

Another great trade by MB!!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I love what they did with the power play against the Blues. No goals but working it down low put a lot of pressure on the goalie and hopefully opens things up with Weber and his shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad