Proposal: HABS needs a top 10 player

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Habs needs to go all in and coud really use a superstar to lead them .
I am thinking players like Crosby-Eichel-Draisaitl-Barkov type of level.

Habs have great propsect and young player but will need $ to make room .
So Danault + Drouin/Tatar as to be included for cap purposes.
And propsect and picks as well
Prospects :
KK-Caufield-Ghule-Norlinder-Fleury-Primeau
Picks :
First pick 2021-2022-2023

So what kind of trade could be made from the Habs to get a superstar

You just saw what PLD went for and if Eichel becomes available, your giving even more as he is on another level above PLD. Your going to start with Suzuki Romanov Caulfield+.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
You just saw what PLD went for and if Eichel becomes available, your giving even more as he is on another level above PLD. Your going to start with Suzuki Romanov Caulfield+.

trades aren't comparable. Laine wanted out too

Reactions: malcb33

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018

Doesnt matter they still got a #1 center back. When elite players become available even if they want out the price tag is still high plain and simple. This is Jack freaking Eichel your giving up a premium.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Doesnt matter they still got a #1 center back. When elite players become available even if they want out the price tag is still high plain and simple.

yeah, ok. good luck with thinking it would cost the Habs Suz+Romanov+Caufield+++ even though it's highly unlikely another team could match just the first two

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

PLD wanted out also.....so it’s a moot point. The fact is to get a young valuable 1C, vast majority of the time they aren’t even available for trade......if you find a rare one that is then you’re going to have to pay huge for one. Only other options are draft one, hope for a rare one to reach FA or find a diamond in the rough who turns into one after a trade.

Proven young 1C aren’t going to gotten for older UFA, magic beans or B level prospects......if they could be had for that then Habs would of had one years ago.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
yeah, ok. good luck with thinking it would cost the Habs Suz+Romanov+Caufield+++ even though it's highly unlikely another team could match just the first two

Well first off I only added another + after the players involved and if you dont want to give that up then your not get that super star. I'm a fan of all those players but even then your not sure what your getting its a small sample size for all those players. You know your getting a super star in Eichel your hoping Suzuki becomes a number 1 and Romanov a top pair guy and Caulfield a top 6 30 goal scorer. Suzuki and Romanov have shown signs of being great players but in the end you hope. Look at Galchenyuk looked like a top 6 center that can score 30 plus goals. You just don't know even when they show the signs. Again it's Jack Eichel. You guys might not even think of going after him if he does become available but if he is you guys are your giving up a lot.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
About Patric Kane ?
he's a Elite player that can change the game.
Might not be a Center but he can still be a superstar.

Drouin/Tatar + Romanov + 1rd 2021 + Caufield/Ghule + Byron (Cap) ?

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
If I'm the Penguins and you want to straight up trade Suzuki plus expiring cap filler for 1.5 years of Malkin and he's willing to waive his NMC you've got yourself a deal

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Suzuki will be a top 15 player soon enough and after 2-3 years in the NHL caufield will be a top 10 sniper

we can probably get a guy like eichel if we put a package together of 1sts and prospects like Farrell,, id trade Romanov too if it got it done,, he put up some points early and has slowed down

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
that kind of player would require a massive overpayment such as below

1- Above Average Vet: Tatar/Danault/Drouin
1- Top Young NHL Player: Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Romanov
1/2- Top Prospect: Guhle/Caufield
1/2- NHL 1st Round Pick: 1 or Two
1/3- Cap Dump/Salary Relief: Byron/Armia/Edmundson/Kulak/Chariot

So no, I do not think trying to force a top 10 NHL player in a lineup would be beneficial for the HABS

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It wouldn't be fair for the juggernauts to get another top 10 player.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wouldn’t say that. Blues did not have a top 10 player
Blues were deeper , more well rounded. More depth and quality depth down the middle Had a brilliant up start rookie goalie....different teams different situation. If the habs really want to contend they will need to beat the leafs in a 7 game series and I just don't see that happening without an improvement up front .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad