Proposal: HABS needs a top 10 player

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
thats still a bad deal for Buffalo lol. starting to question if Montreal would have the pieces
Add a 2022 1st but it assumes susuki becomes a good top 6 forward and Romanov a 20 minute per night defender. And danault resigns.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Add a 2022 1st but it assumes susuki becomes a good top 6 forward and Romanov a 20 minute per night defender. And danault resigns.
when trading someone like Eichel you want sure things over players you assume will develop. i still dont think its enough.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I personally view Adam Henrique as a top 10 player in the league, and he is available to you right now via a simple waiver claim.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'd try to see what happens with Crosby, if you could start a package with Kotka and some 1st I'd do it. He might be older but he is a premier player and his age fits with your core of Weber, Price and Petry. His cap hit is pretty great too.

People will disagree, but I'd be super jealous if Montreal landed Sidney freakin Crosby if him and Pittsburgh decide to split

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I'd try to see what happens with Crosby, if you could start a package with Kotka and some 1st I'd do it. He might be older but he is a premier player and his age fits with your true core of Weber, Price and Petry. His cap hit is pretty great too.

People will disagree, but I'd be super jealous if Montreal landed Sidney freakin Crosby if him and Pittsburgh decide to split
That would be my first pick for sure , and IF crosby wants out i am sure MTL will be on his list

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Habs needs to go all in and coud really use a superstar to lead them .
I am thinking players like Crosby-Eichel-Draisaitl-Barkov type of level.

Habs have great propsect and young player but will need $ to make room .
So Danault + Drouin/Tatar as to be included for cap purposes.
And propsect and picks as well
Prospects :
KK-Caufield-Ghule-Norlinder-Fleury-Primeau
Picks :
First pick 2021-2022-2023

So what kind of trade could be made from the Habs to get a superstar
I agree that the Habs are missing high end talent to complete their roster.
Acquiring that kind of talent is insanely expensive. They will have to be patient and develop their young players..... or trade them all in a package to acquire that high end talent.
They have a good thing going. No reason to get impatient now.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I'd give Suzuki +++ for Eichel and I f***ing love the kid. Add picks, prospects, players, name it.

Me too and yes i'm an Habs fan. I love Suzuki too but Eichel is Eichel and a much better player than Nick while still being 24 years old

I may get flamed by my fellow Habs fans for this but for me it would be a no brainer

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Me too and yes i'm an Habs fan. I love Suzuki too but Eichel is Eichel and a much better player than Nick while still being 24 years old

I may get flamed by my fellow Habs fans for this but for me it would be a no brainer
Honestly i don't think it will make the Habs better by giving up Suzuki + Danault++ to get Eichel.
Eichel haven't won shit yet he needs to be in a team that dosen't rely on him entirely.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Honestly i don't think it will make the Habs better by giving up Suzuki + Danault++ to get Eichel.
Eichel haven't won shit yet he needs to be in a team that dosen't rely on him entirely.

I was only talking about including Suzuki in a package for Eichel. Of course it depends on the rest of the package. Giving up Danault/Romanov and other players and good prospects along with Suzuki may end up being a bad deal for the Habs no argument there

But in a reasonable package i woudnt be against trading Suzuki if the return is Eichel. That's more what i meant

Reactions: Lockin17

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I could see Patrick Kane being Available
For the right price plus hawks could retain and take a dump

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Look at what San Jose paid for EK65 and add to that. Then factor in the contract your going to have to bribe him with to stay after you empty your prospect cupboard.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
habs fan: I want a top 10 player. also habs fan: not trading suzuki, romanov or kotkaniemi though

Caufield+1st+?

lol, nope

Reactions: HawksDub89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad