ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
k2xaux09uaj81.jpg

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What was St Louis talking about last night after the game. Swagger this, swagger that , telling us what swagger is.......his new favorite word.
Habs won their first game in regulation since who can remember when.....32nd place and the coach likes their "swagger"
Yea right ! Ha!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Thanks for posting this. This is great. Must watch. Really explains MSLs concepts and thinking.

This guy had some great content during the playoffs when we were on our run. Broke down Ducharme’s system as well which works great if you have a goalie like Price who can act as a 3rd defenceman.

Reactions: Runner77

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We'll see what we have for a coach next December. Once the honeymoon is over.

Ducharme got us to cup final his honeymoon. Mario Tremblay still holds Montreal record for most wins to start coaching career. Honeymoon can be deceiving.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
St Louis looks great, but then there is always a bounce when an old school coach is replaced by a players coach. They needed to do it so as to avoid destroying Caufield and other young guys, but the ideal time to do it would have been right before the cup final or in 2025.

MSL was a cerebral player but then so was Gretzky and he never worked out as a coach. I really hope St Louis is the coaching solution for the next few decades, but I'll watch a few more months before I set expectations. Very happy so far.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Holy Crap I don't believe the attitude some are taking with the MSL hire. No one should pretend he's going to turn this group into perennial winners. What he is and should be doing is changing the mindset of his roster which is following suite with what his bosses want. So nothing three weeks is going to change and even next December means jack. We need to cut this group a break and let them continue to work on the vision they've set forth. Anyone thinking this will be pretty is setting themselves up for a major disappointment. The signs are there people we are not going to be reverting to anything resembling these past 7 years of drought.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Ducharme got us to cup final his honeymoon. Mario Tremblay still holds Montreal record for most wins to start coaching career. Honeymoon can be deceiving.

LOL I love this take considering Ducharme never even had a Honey Moon. His record was shite from the get go. I seriously doubt he had anything to do with the run in the post season. The players took that on themselves. Dom changed the lines when the refs arm was up. That's it.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Ducharme didn't have an honeymoon. It took 12 games before he had more than one win in a row and that happened only twice when he was behind the bench (including this season). He has a losing record this and last regular season.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
LOL I love this take considering Ducharme never even had a Honey Moon. His record was shite from the get go. I seriously doubt he had anything to do with the run in the post season. The players took that on themselves. Dom changed the lines when the refs arm was up. That's it.
LOL. We'll see. I remember you were one of Ducharme's biggest supporters last Cup run. You'll be on here next season post after post wanting St.Louis fired.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Aaron Ward said today to give it 3 weeks to see if the Marty Effect will last.

You can't really put a time on it. Turmoil will come at some point, and it will be interesting to see how he and the team responds to it.

If we look at the Mario Tremblay hiring, the habs went on a massive heater for several weeks after he got hired. In ward' s time frame, the conclusion would have been that the Tremblay effect was a great one, but it clearly wasn't.

WhoAreYou99

Oct 14, 2021
MSL was a cerebral player but then so was Gretzky and he never worked out as a coach. I really hope St Louis is the coaching solution for the next few decades, but I'll watch a few more months before I set expectations. Very happy so far.

Was Wayne Gretzky ever a good coach? Or was he bad from the start?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

but both those two fail the intelligence test, it is not all about the wins, it is who they behave, talk inspire, and success and being winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad