With Eddy out, I'd go:

Kulak Petry
Romanov Savard
Guhle Chiarot

But they may slot Guhle in for Eddy:
Guhle Petry
Chiarot Savard
Romanov Kulak

But I think they gonna keep Wideman for the PP.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
surprise-sarcasm.gif

Best scene of the movie.

"Inside and outside everything that man took for granted, something horrible had been growing"

Reactions: Tuggy

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So the season is a week away and predictably Price is "not doing well". What a f***ing crock of shit that he would be ready for the season.

Should we pencil him in for a January return?

Knew it back in July they were full of horseshit, saying Price would return for the start of the season. Just a carrot for the season ticket holders.

Milk, milk, milk, mooooooh

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Who would you rather have as a backup? Montembeault/Hutchinson/Stalock?

Edit: forget about Stalock, he didn't play at all last year and he's 34.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd take Fleury over Niku.

For an offensive defenseman, Sami has shown next to nothing in that regard either in Winnipeg or here.
At least Cale is decent defensively

I'm not sure that Cale is actually decent defensively (I think its more that he works hard on D). And Niku hasn't played a real game for Montreal yet. I'd take Niku over Fleury, but I'm not going to quibble over guys that probably don't have a future in the NHL.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We got a bunch of injuries, but at least we're not playing strong teams in the month of October.

We have 10 games this month:
1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

The leafs and Carolina game are the only ones that should be hard to win. Maybe the rangers one as well.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
We got a bunch of injuries, but at least we're not playing strong teams in the month of October.

1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

The leafs and Carolina game are the only ones that should be hard to win. Maybe the rangers one as well.

So you're saying we're going to go 3-7

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

Knowing this team we'll win the Canes and Leafs ones and have a losing record against the rest.

Seattle probably celebrates their first W against us because Habs

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
With Edmundson and Hoffman both out for a while I expect we'll see the return of Marc BargainBin.

Hoping they just run this on D:
Kulak - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
With Edmundson and Hoffman both out for a while I expect we'll see the return of Marc BargainBin.

Hoping they just run this on D:
Kulak - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman

Yikes. I know MB doesn't control injuries but we're going back 2-3 years ago level bad.

Not like Price has been good in the last 2 regular Seasons. Allen was better for a while last year. But yeah more lies the fact they picked montembeault is a big sign

Can we hope that Montembeault has a weird elite start of the season like we see sometimes we these types of tweener goalies?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Our D is bad though. Too many Stay at Home D in there. I'm glad we're trying things with Wideman/Niku, but from the early looks of it we're repeating the Gus experiment. Romanov is a nice prospect but feels more and more like he was rushed ala Mete - good thing we're insulating him instead of putting him on the first pairing though.

They'll be exposed badly if Price is not back early.
Wideman and Niku are not regular NHL dman. More plugs and play the game of be Lucky we land a good one once again

Reactions: abo9

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Knowing this team we'll win the Canes and Leafs ones and have a losing record against the rest.

Seattle probably celebrates their first W against us because Habs
It should be mandatory to play the Canucks 6 times at the start of the season

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

Yet we lost 4 times to Detroit and we struggle to beat Ottawa . There will be no easy games for this team .

Reactions: GordonGraham

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

You don't remember how much we sucked vs Detroit the last time around.

That calendar... almost as if Molson lobbyed the league to get easy starts to hook people in and the league will oblige since Montreal is a big revenue.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher
Perreault - Poehling - Lehkonen

Romanov - Petry
Chariot - Savard
Guhle/Kulak - Wideman
Peohls isn't a 4th line player especially with those wingers. If he can stay healthy I expect a breakout year for him. I would like to see him heat up in the A before coming up mid december to play spot duty with evans/whoever else we have at 3C

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

1 vs leafs
1 vs carolina

1 vs rangers
1 vs La
1 vs Seattle
1 vs Detroit
1 vs Ducks
2 vs San Jose
1 vs buffalo

bad news for us... with Price, Edmundson (and Hoffman?) all out to start the year, on top of Weber/Byron, that's almost 30M$ worth of our cap spent roster sitting on the sidelines. Yes, we've got depth, but even with that depth we're a middle of the pack team.

add in the bullseye that inevitably comes with being a cup finalist, and the reality that teams like Detroit/Ducks/Buffalo/LA that are all likely playoff longshots in part because they are icing youthful rosters (and young players often play better early season, while fresh and fighting for permanent roles), and that's a bad way for us to start the season.

all things considered, would've been better to start playing a bunch of games against top teams, get those tough ones done while 3 core vets are recovering, and bank on our vet-ladden roster to pick up Ws against weaker foes later in the season.

looking at that sched... i'm gonna bet we are in the 3-5-2 range heading into november.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad