Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Thanks to injuries yea.
Not a fan of the guy at all.
Our "depth" is pretty sad.

I like Belzile. But he will make the team due to injuries. And I think Poehling will too.

Only if Paquette comes back in time for the season opener do I see them sending Poehling down. Or once he comes back, Poehling is going down.

And then Belzile will be placed on waivers when Hoffman is cleared.

The only way I see them sticking around is if those guys come back but others get injured.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
450*

Ylonen didn't get to play as much as RHP though if I'm not mistaken. They don't need to see any more of RHP.

....Yeah but he's not, or at least shouldn't be, getting a roster spot ahead of RHP on merit.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I like Belzile. But he will make the team due to injuries. And I think Poehling will too.

Only if Paquette comes back in time for the season opener do I see them sending Poehling down. Or once he comes back, Poehling is going down.

The only way I see them sticking around is if those guys come back but others get injured.

...Yeah. Come to think of it, regarding Pezzetta at least, keeping him now means waiving him later, where he'd be quite a bit likelier to be claimed.

While Belzile isn't getting claimed no matter what, considering he's already 30 and is mostly a slow 14-15th forward.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks to injuries yea.
Not a fan of the guy at all.
Our "depth" is pretty sad.

At Center and D? Sure. On the wings? How many teams missing 3 NHL wingers (Hoffman, Byron, Lehkonen) wouldn't have to play a Belize-type?

He's not better than Kulak. I don't know about Niku. Haven't seen him enough. Wideman sucks.

Niku isn't really NHL caliber ATM, but he's better than Fleury and has more upside. Kulak is significantly better than all of the other guys and I'm still mystified as to why the organization don't like playing him over guys that are clearly worse.

expy

Nov 2, 2010

Paquette was probably worse than all the above players during the pre-season.

At Center and D? Sure. On the wings? How many teams missing 3 NHL wingers (Hoffman, Byron, Lehkonen) wouldn't have to play a Belize-type?
Yes, Hoffman, Byron, and Lehkonen are definitely above Belzile, but I expect at any point during the season that you'd have 1 or 3 injuries amongst players, and Belzile being next-in-line is scary.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yea, but he wasn't going to go all out at camp. He plays a crash-and-bang type of game. He wasn't going to go full throttle at camp. Especially considering they were only the first preseason games. I think he's someone that will be more appreciated in the regular season.

Reactions: 1909

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Yes, Hoffman, Byron, and Lehkonen are definitely above Belzile, but I expect at any point during the season that you'd have 1 or 3 injuries amongst players, and Belzile being next-in-line is scary.

Belzile possibly starting the season with Montreal =/= Belzile being next in line. It means he's the guy that the team thinks can play in a depth role and wouldn't benefit from an AHL training camp/playing in the AHL.

Reactions: PhysicX

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Niku isn't really NHL caliber ATM, but he's better than Fleury and has more upside. Kulak is significantly better than all of the other guys and I'm still mystified as to why the organization don't like playing him over guys that are clearly worse.
I'd take Fleury over Niku.

For an offensive defenseman, Sami has shown next to nothing in that regard either in Winnipeg or here.
At least Cale is decent defensively

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
After getting size and toughness for the first time in years, we reach cup final. The league is getting back to big and tough hockey more and more.

And we’re about to ice one of the softest forwards group in the league! We can’t afford Chiarot, Edmundson or Anderson doing the dirty job, they are all too much important.

Back to old habits.

If Chiarot is that important to the team, it's not the size of our forwards that's the issue.

Also, what toughness and size did we lose during the Summer that makes this group now "one of the softest in the league"? As far as I know, we swapped Danault for Dvorak, Perry for Drouin (Caufield was in that "tough" playoff team), Kotkaniemi for Paquette or Poehling (Paquette being an energy guy...)

Anyone I'm missing? I don't see how we went from "Tough and size" during the playoffs to "Super Soft" during the Summer?

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm expecting Paquette to be ready for the 1st game of the season and play on the 4th line with Perreault and Lehkonen even thought I think Armia look way better at RW.

The 13th forward is going to be Belzile/Poehling until Hoffman is back.

Edmunston for me is the most frustrating injury, it come totally out of nowhere and mess the chemistry of the pairing.

Norlinder should be cut pretty soon and Niku is going to be send to Laval by the end of the week.

If they can also find someone on the waiver wire Ghule should be send back after the game tomorrow, if not you keep him until Edmunston come back.

Price? Where the hell is Price and why do I feel like they are lying to us again??? We never know what to expect with Allen, either really good or piss poor performance, it's not going to work for a long period of time.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If Chiarot is that important to the team, it's not the size of our forwards that's the issue.

Also, what toughness and size did we lose during the Summer that makes this group now "one of the softest in the league"? As far as I know, we swapped Danault for Dvorak, Perry for Drouin (Caufield was in that "tough" playoff team), Kotkaniemi for Paquette or Poehling (Paquette being an energy guy...)

Anyone I'm missing? I don't see how we went from "Tough and size" during the playoffs to "Super Soft" during the Summer?

Having. Fourth line of Poehling-Lehkonen-Perreault
Is soft as butter.

Armia c’est un grosse vache molle also.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm expecting Paquette to be ready for the 1st game of the season and play on the 4th line with Perreault and Lehkonen even thought I think Armia look way better at RW.

The 13th forward is going to be Belzile/Poehling until Hoffman is back.

Edmunston for me is the most frustrating injury, it come totally out of nowhere and mess the chemistry of the pairing.

Norlinder should be cut pretty soon and Niku is going to be send to Laval by the end of the week.

If they can also find someone on the waiver wire Ghule should be send back after the game tomorrow, if not you keep him until Edmunston come back.

Price? Where the hell is Price and why do I feel like they are lying to us again??? We never know what to expect with Allen, either really good or piss poor performance, it's not going to work for a long period of time.
While they may be lying right now, Price wasn’t lying just before the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad