Post-Game Talk: Habs lose Weber (oh, and the game too, 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Excellent effort especially considering they were 2 men short.

Comes down to one man short, since the other team lost a player of their own on account of the Agostino hit.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
My issue is that it first started by blaming Danault and that he was the one holding down Gallagher and that the minute he started producing and out produced Gallagher the narrative changed to him being injured. Hence the reason why I'm saying we are finding excuse for his poor play.

I think he should be held to the same standard as our other players who gets criticized.
If/when Phillip Dannault puts in consistent effort every night like Gallagher does, then he'll get the benefit of the doubt too. Right now though he's scoring every 20 some odd games and doesn't really generate anything. For Gallagher, playing well is the rule, for Dannault it's the exception. Hence why one is treated differently than the other.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Its true theres been a lack of depth, but if you finish say in the top 5 for man games lost, id say thats a good reason to make excuses. A healthy team is probably competing for a playoff spot, despite talent.
but since they were playing all year against team that also have injuries........? where is their handy cap(excuse)

Like i said , except in the extreme cases.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nilan has been giving it to Drouin today for his lack of effort and looking like he doesn't give a **** out on the ice. Momesso gave it to him last night during the game as well for just giving up and going directly to the bench.

The guy is so talented and a joy to watch when he competes and so frustrating to watch when he mails games in which happens way too often with this guy.
and has been that way since junior. Matter of fact played exactly like that at the WJC.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Nilan has been giving it to Drouin today for his lack of effort and looking like he doesn't give a **** out on the ice. Momesso gave it to him last night during the game as well for just giving up and going directly to the bench.

The guy is so talented and a joy to watch when he competes and so frustrating to watch when he mails games in which happens way too often with this guy.
I heard that and was relieved that I wasn't imagining things when I watched him play. I've said it before and I'll say it again. MB needs to unload him. You'll never win a cup with this player on the team.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I heard that and was relieved that I wasn't imagining things when I watched him play. I've said it before and I'll say it again. MB needs to unload him. You'll never win a cup with this player on the team.

Send him to Vancouver or Edmonton.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I’m so tired of this double standard with him. He stopped producing 10-15 games ago not just last game. At first people were moking Danault by calling him an offensive blackhole. The day that Danault surpassed him now people are saying he’s injured?

It would be any other player and they would have been called out but when it’s about Gallagher we see a bunch of excuses for his bad play.
Well he visibly got hit with a puck in the same previously injured hand two days ago and went to the tunnel immediately. It's not an excuse, it's what really happened. It's fact.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
There probably aren't many here who remember the Nalley's potato chip commercial that played on that very same joke. It was very cute, but possibly a little offensive to some.
I never saw the commercial. Short funny story about certain cultures accents and them speaking english. I was at a party years ago where a Korean girl asked a Mexican guy, both ESL students in Vancouver, what was his plans for later, he said he wanted chicks, the Korean girl left saying she will go to London drug to get something and she came back with bags of chips:laugh:
I thought it was funny.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I never saw the commercial. Short funny story about certain cultures accents and them speaking english. I was at a party years ago where a Korean girl asked a Mexican guy, both ESL students in Vancouver, what was his plans for later, he said he wanted chicks, the Korean girl left saying she will go to London drug to get something and she came back with bags of chips:laugh:
I thought it was funny.

That commercial was late '60s early - '70s. :laugh:

Reactions: mariolemieux66

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They have Bergevin written all over them.
They do.....but after multiple failures at these type of defenceman, I’m convinced (indeed I am :) ) that Bergevin will move away from this type of player.

I’m ok with one of these types as long as you have 6 legit D with a nice prospect pool of D coming up and you use that D as a filler or if you’re expecting a shit show of a game vs a physical team.

Anyways, looks like the Schlemko/Alzner experiments are over

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They do.....but after multiple failures at these type of defenceman, I’m convinced (indeed I am :) ) that Bergevin will move away from this type of player.

I’m ok with one of these types as long as you have 6 legit D with a nice prospect pool of D coming up and you use that D as a filler or if you’re expecting a **** show of a game vs a physical team.

Anyways, looks like the Schlemko/Alzner experiments are over
Never know...just think the better guys wont come here anyways..

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad