Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Vegas.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It was a fairly entertaining game to watch. Seeing the young guys contributing and looking good is all that really matters to me this season. I don't care about the loss.

Someone would have a much better chance of scoring in a convent than having Drouin, Hoffman, and Gally out there with the goalie pulled hoping to score a goal. :)

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
After 9 games, Slafkovsky show why he is a 1st overall pick, already 3 goals in 9 games... with limited ice time... he play very good at defensive zone and make very good passes too. He have a great shot too.

Dach have already 10 points in 12 games too... that's impressive!!

You know what, Im happy for Slaf. I would have sent him down to Laval with the quickness after the camp. Im happy to eat that crow.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
so many useless "veteran" players on this team. Eddy's mistakes alone created 3 goals for Vegas
You mean, “disposables”?

Hughes will find a way.

M9pBs1x.png

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
We're lucky our division seems incredibly strong but I don't think we're going to be dropping points to the bottom tier western conference teams. I think we're picking 9-12.

Nah, the first line has no help and Allen & Montembeault won’t always be playing like that in front of this defence. They won’t be picking outside the top 10!

Last edited:

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Too many minutes for Drouin. And at the end of the game too... St-Louis is either purposely tanking or has some issues....

Slaf gets his 3rd, Suzy and Cole continue to score.
With 2 minutes to go I was about to write that the consolation price was watchiSt Louis giving time to his kids; Armia, Drouin, Dvorak Hoffman and Gallagher were nowhere to be seen in the 3rd……and then he pulls out Allen and all these plugs end up on the ice at the same time ?????

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I wasn’t a fan of Dach as 2C. Just couldn’t see him on this team as a top 6 C. His play with Cole and Suzy has been fantastic. We have a complete first line. Now, it is time to work on that second line, which will start with Slaf.
I'd rather look at it as building a top 6. Dubois, if true to his word, wants in. The top pick in the draft will be the other piece. A proper top 6 to be proud of

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Nah, the first line has no help and Allen & Montembeault won’t always be playing like that in front of this defence. The won’t be picking outside the top 10!
Hopefully but all it takes is a couple teams having worse injury luck than us.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
so many useless "veteran" players on this team. Eddy's mistakes alone created 3 goals for Vegas
He was better last game, he tried to play the transition game which is clearly not where he shines. He is a good defensive D but no suprise the Habs had no transition game with him Chiarot and Savard on the team…

That being said he just comes back from an injury so let us be patient with him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With 2 minutes to go I was about to write that the consolation price was watchiSt Louis giving time to his kids; Armia, Drouin, Dvorak Hoffman and Gallagher were nowhere to be seen in the 3rd……and then he pulls out Allen and all these plugs end up on the ice at the same time ?????
Our top Lads were exhausted so he would have had to call a time out. He tried to get a quick one against a tired Vegas line. If Hoffman could hit the broad side of a barn it might just have worked. That what having no depth does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad