Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild. ZzzzZz

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I’m in the “don’t care if they win or lose but entertain me” crowd. We started the year watching so many awesome offensive prospects (Beck, Mesar, Heinemann, etc). I’m missing Slafvovsky already just for the fun factor. Hab vets are booooooooring.
So my post didn't apply to you.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Horrible game.

Lack of quality scoring depth on this team is glaring.

If Caufield or Suzuki ain't scoring then it's very rare someone else does.

Reactions: jaffy27

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Enough of trying to "showcase" plugs like Drouin, Hoffman and Dadonov. They are all terrible and no playoff team is going to give up anything more than a late pick for them even if they play well.

Just let Pezzetta play and give guys like RHP/Ylonen a shot.
I don't know if that's what MSL is doing, but I agree that the team should not bother trying to salvage third round picks out of Drouin, Hoffman, and Dadonov. There's more value to be had from optimizing the development of the young players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't know if that's what MSL is doing, but I agree that the team should not bother trying to salvage third round picks out of Drouin, Hoffman, and Dadonov. There's more value to be had from optimizing the development of the young players.

They will balance it. Icing too many youth at the same time might cause a drowning situation which could be negative development. I don't believe they are trying to salvage value on players for a TDL in October.

October-December is trial period. To see what we have and what they can do. Come Jan, that's when tank talk starts with me. I rather let the fan in me see what we have and support the players new season. NHL is not a sole development league. We are rebuilding so we can allow some players to learn on the job but we have to balance it well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You can't balance everything. Choices always have to be made in life.

But maybe you're right about the first three months being a trial period.

I trust Gorton/Hughes/MSL. They are fully aware of our past development mistakes. You can't balance everything to your liking but you can try your best.

No doubt in my mind that the first few months is a trial period. They are not thinking tank like some fans are. Maybe they will over time but that has to play out

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Horrible game.

You fellows wanted the rebuild. No sense crying about it on here everyday. You got 4 more years of this. Going to take time to develop these draft picks.

You wanted the scoring depth traded off, the Toffoli, Lekhonen, types. After losing Price to alcoholism and Weber to injury. Danault wanted to spend his winters in sunny Cal instead of ice bound Montreal. That's three stars lost same off season. Not much can do.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
You fellows wanted the rebuild. No sense crying about it on here everyday. You got 4 more years of this. Going to take time to develop these draft picks.

You wanted the scoring depth traded off, the Toffoli, Lekhonen, types. After losing Price to alcoholism and Weber to injury. Danault wanted to spend his winters in sunny Cal instead of ice bound Montreal. That's three stars lost same off season. Not much can do.

I'm not crying just making an observation about the game and team.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hoffman is a waste of time. He probably won't show up until it is a contract year and no one is taking him for multiple years. Dadonov should be a decent player and bring something at the trade deadline. Even if he doesn't want to be in Montreal he should be working hard to get moved at the deadline. Drouin is capable of 50 pts but will anyone want a soft 50 pt forward for the playoff run.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gets redundant everyday you post same. This is what you wanted

AptShockingAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Lehkonen and Danault are NOT scoring depth. Whatever lehkone does this season is not an inidication. He is the only lw Colorado has so he gets to play with MacKinnon by default. Danault is probably a 45 pt forward. Only Toffoli would be a significant point producer and if he loses a step he is done.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Horrible game.

But we already knew that….we were always gonna finish bottom 7, maybe bottom 5.

I believe posters (not necessarily yourself) here need to come to grips that we finished 32nd last year, there’s a reason for this….scoring depth, lack of elite goaltending and the youth of our defence.

Expect more of these types of games, it will happen, we need to embrace the rebuild and it’s process and stop criticizing the results. (Not directed at you)

Reactions: jrom and Runner77

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Lehkonen and Danault are NOT scoring depth. Whatever lehkone does this season is not an inidication. He is the only lw Colorado has so he gets to play with MacKinnon by default. Danault is probably a 45 pt forward. Only Toffoli would be a significant point producer and if he loses a step he is done.
Nichushkin 7g 12pts says hi. 25 goals ly.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Good assessment on Harris. I think he has very high hockey IQ which helps him do the little things well. Little things some fans don't even noticed cause they look at points and skating with the puck.

You're a little higher on Harris than me but I do see the things you are talking about. I think a guy like Harris needs a guy like Kovacevic and vice versa. Creating good pairings that have chemistry and complement each other well is important.

Most didn't know Matheson that well so there is that too. I knew of him but am I going to pretend to know him as well as some of our own players? NO. I watch every single Habs game but a select few of other teams.

After digging into context, looking at video, and talking to others... I feel Matheson is pretty much at the spot Petry was when we acquired him. Similar age and they play similar games. There is a chance Matheson becomes a very good asset for us in the back half of his prime (like Petry).
I like the Petry deal. At the time I wasn’t completely sold on it. Would have preferred futures, but at some point you need roster players for the current roster. I like what I see from Matheson. He’s like a Petry light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad