Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild in OT

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
When was the last time Caufield one timed a shot? Maybe his shoulder is bothering him. Rossi is gonna be a beast
Against the islanders when he scored.

On the PP? A long time. They don’t seems to pass him the puck for the one timer.

Reactions: FLHabs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Another game, another ot.
Right now, our pk is hurting us way more than our pp.
Refs got fooled by dives way too often. At least 3 blatant embellishments.

Our first line was decent but the other lines did not generate much.
Stephens is pretty useless.
Habs are missing Dach & Newhook…. they’re doing pretty damn good with players slotted out of position

Me really thinks our tit-cul’s shoulder is still hurtin.
Might…but I think teams know Caufields tendencies now and G have been prepped to expect shots based on those tendencies.

NHL has adjusted to Caufield, it’s now time for the player to readjust…

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Also, not to stir anything up… I think he’s our most talented player… but 96.9 radio said Caufield is living in a condo in the heart of a nightlife district in Montreal and essentially inferred he isn’t 100% invested in hockey at the moment - compared it to the phase Carey Price went through in his early years

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Habs are missing Dach & Newhook…. they’re doing pretty damn good with players slotted out of position

Might…but I think teams know Caufields tendencies now and G have been prepped to expect shots based on those tendencies.

NHL has adjusted to Caufield, it’s now time for the player to readjust…
You don’t lose the ability to score just like that. I’ve got to think it’s a question of time before he breaks out.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Probably because that’s what every team is expecting & overplaying
Probably, but now it’s even more predictable. At least last year he could shoot it like 2-3 times and it would go in once in a while because he has a great shot. Would be better than whatever burrows is trying now

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Another game where only the Suzuki line is creating anything up front. This season could have been so much more with Kirby. Bleh

Armia can kick rocks. The guy just stinks and I get physically mad watching him sleep walk around the ice.

Struble is very good, like very good. So a trade has to happen. The Habs trading young defenseman for forward help has worked out in the past. McDonagh for Gomez and Sergachev for Drouin (I want to jump off a bridge)

Good effort tonight when they were on their B game. They aren't making the playoffs but I guess this is good for morale so hooray.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Another game where only the Suzuki line is creating anything up front. This season could have been so much more with Kirby. Bleh

Armia can kick rocks. The guy just stinks and I get physically mad watching him sleep walk around the ice.

Struble is very good, like very good. So a trade has to happen. The Habs trading young defenseman for forward help has worked out in the past. McDonagh for Gomez and Sergachev for Drouin (I want to jump off a bridge)

Good effort tonight when they were on their B game. They aren't making the playoffs but I guess this is good for morale so hooray.
Agree except the McDonagh for Gomez and Sergachev for Drouin, lol, seems like not the best examples but I get the idea. :snide::joker:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well ref were horrible… they had some bad call from both side the MTL really got the wrong end. If your going to call that interference on Matheson than they missed a few dozen call, and cross check for CC not only was it weak but the guy didn’t felt in the direction he got push, and that icing at the end not even if actually crossed it and the wild player was waiting try no touch it…

Slaf getting some result
Guy that might attract some trade interest
Monahan, Evans, Savard all played great.

Ultimately we just forgot people alone around the net… We weren’t physical enough early.

It great for Slaf but all the extra point will likely be the difference between a top 10 or a top 5 pick…

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Team wasn’t ready to play in the beginning. Again.

CC with another bad game. Kaprizovs goal is on him. He had plenty of time to recover after that minor interference. He needs to get his head out of his ass and start putting In Some work.

Struble was very solid. Guhle was good too. Rest of D blows chunks.

Slaf with another huge game.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Wild got 14 powerplays (5 goals) in 2 games against us. Ouch.
Well 5/14 vs 1/10 is not that unusual… too many pp if you ask me but it kind of serves Habs since it puts the same players on ice like Matheson 29 mins with 6 mins on pp, absurd. Heineman and Ylonen barely played 6 mins. Struble doesnt play any special teams so barely played.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team wasn’t ready to play in the beginning. Again.

CC with another bad game. Kaprizovs goal is on him. He had plenty of time to recover after that minor interference. He needs to get his head out of his ass and start putting In Some work.

Struble was very solid. Guhle was good too. Rest of D blows chunks.

Slaf with another huge game.
Suzuki was our best player in this one from my stand point.
He's trying hard to slowly claw his way back into the PPG conversation.
A tough task given we don't put up high goal totals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad